First ever project - kylo ren helmet

Friday

This is a project I took on about 5 months ago and credit to Luke Daley of JJ Industries Sni9er for the design which can be found here.

20 hours worth of printing on my Ultimaker original in PLA.
Some parts had to be cut into smaller pieces so that I could print them using netfabb basic.
These were later assembled after printing with superglue and later fibreglass on the inside.
There was a lot of filling and sanding, and I mean a lot! but it is worth it in the end and you have to be patient.
I also invested in an airbrush for the painting and found alclad II lacquers chrome to be the best for painted the face section, this was after it had been painted black having then masked off the recessed parts of the face.
I am pretty pleased with the result and I added some modifications to the original design, a lot of filler was applied to the top of the helmet of which I sanded and then carved detail into.
A black splatter guard was used for the eye lens with glass beading around the edges so that it sits further back.
For my first ever project I am pleased with the outcome.
Any questions feel free to ask and let me know what you think.

Still some work to be done on it such as internal foam and some fiberglass. Also some paint work needs touching up.

I am also working on a voice changer unit that will all be self contained in the mouth piece with speakers behind the cheek sections.

Will post updates as and when this is ready.

Now i am weaving the cloth for the outfit which will keep me busy for a while yet!

1.jpg
20160410_220418.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

1.jpg

20160410_220418.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
holy ****ing **** ... excuse my french but you've WOVEN FABRIC ... hats of to you sir .. hats off ..

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back