Captain America: Civil War (Post-release)

Not only Odessa, but Bucky was also chasing after her and almost killed her in the streets of DC while under mind control in TWS, so that's 2 pretty memorable circumstances where Nat would presume a brainwashed Bucky could remember her.

Whether he had enhancements or nerve damage, I would expect that he'd have some idea of his capabilities and limitations since his rehabilitation/reconstruction and the other missions that occurred in the months since Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron. In fact, before he's deployed to any mission I would only expect that he'd have at least been briefed (e.g. can't get Tazed). It would make less sense, in either case, if he discovered, for the first time in the field, that he's immune to electrical shocks.

I definitely agree that he knows his own limitations an capabilities. It wouldn't make sense if he didn't. I got the impression from WS that he was pretty confident about his abilities, maybe a little too confident. After WS, though, it seems to me he spent a lot of time preparing to take on Steve and Widow again.
If he's been going around working as a mercenary though, I wonder why it's taken Steve and the Avengers 2 years to catch up with him. And who really hired him to steal the bio hazard.

I'm confused. Can some folks here explain some things:
* War Machine is present when Rogers, Wilson, Barnes, and T'Challa were arrested in Bucharest...then later Barnes tries to escape because of Zemo, Some members of Team Iron Man tries to stop Barnes....Where was Rhodes all of a sudden?

* In The Winter Soldier...Barnes only required to have his mind wiped. No trigger words required.

* Where was Nick Fury? Could he have supported the Sokovia Accords? Mediate tension among the Avengers? Does he have authority over Secretary of State Ross?

I'm confused. Can some folks here explain some things:
* War Machine is present when Rogers, Wilson, Barnes, and T'Challa were arrested in Bucharest...then later Barnes tries to escape because of Zemo, Some members of Team Iron Man tries to stop Barnes....Where was Rhodes all of a sudden?

He doesn't always have to be in every scene, he could have been off attending to other duties. Once Bucky was caught, from Team IM perspective there was no more worry.

* In The Winter Soldier...Barnes only required to have his mind wiped. No trigger words required.

We are never explicitly told that only his mind requires wiping. In fact we are only shown the mind wiping because he is showing signs of recognizing Steve. Just because it wasn't shown doesn't mean that it wasn't a requirement.

* Where was Nick Fury? Could he have supported the Sokovia Accords? Mediate tension among the Avengers? Does he have authority over Secretary of State Ross?

Nick Fury is supposed to be dead...end of Winter Soldier. He has a gravestone "The path of the righteous man.." - and is deep underground. He couldn't pop back up for something as trivial as the accords I dont think. For Ultron yes, a world ending event - but on the whole the world is supposed to believe he is dead I think, outside the Avengers. He'll be back in Infinity War at some point I imagine.
​Answers above.

Regarding Crossbones"

If he's been going around working as a mercenary though, I wonder why it's taken Steve and the Avengers 2 years to catch up with him. And who really hired him to steal the bio hazard.

I got the strong impression that was part of Zemo's puppet-master-ing.

--Jonah

IMO they wipe it to a starting point or a "conditional point" not everything. Obviously he retains all his fighting knowledge, etc, etc.

I agree with this. He has to retain memories of his fighting skills and stealth skills etc. otherwise he would be useless to H.Y.D.R.A. Personally, I always thought that they completely wiped him when he was first captured, and all subsequent wipes were to reinforce the first one or because he had just been unfrozen and they had to make sure he was still under their control.
Regarding winter soldier, Pierce leaves the room before the memory wipe has really started, so we don't see if they used the triggerwords or not. Personally, I think they did. Pierce said to reset Bucky, and those wordsseem to be key to controlling him.

I agree with this. He has to retain memories of his fighting skills and stealth skills etc. otherwise he would be useless to H.Y.D.R.A. Personally, I always thought that they completely wiped him when he was first captured, and all subsequent wipes were to reinforce the first one or because he had just been unfrozen and they had to make sure he was still under their control.
Regarding winter soldier, Pierce leaves the room before the memory wipe has really started, so we don't see if they used the triggerwords or not. Personally, I think they did. Pierce said to reset Bucky, and those wordsseem to be key to controlling him.

Even though I was also onboard with this, it does bring up a slight inconsitency.

Bucky says he remembers every kill.

So the "wiping" must only be temporarily wiping recent memories? So technically not even wiping. More like electrically induced suppression of self.

unfortenatly only just seen this as alot has been going on recently.

It was good. Winter soldier still my fav marvel movie closely followed by this so its nice to see that so far avengers: infinity wars is in good hands.

The action was great, especially the black panther who as i expected would be 1 of my fav parts of the movie. His stand alone is now prob 1 of my most anticipated movies to come. Spidey finally has the look and attitude i was waiting for so there might finallly be a stand alone that can delve further into spidey's world. Cannot forget giant man altho did he seem a bit slow at times to any1? Widow yet again did nothing for me and just not a character that im interested in anymore altho that might have something to do with the part that ruined age of ultron for me.

Last scene though with cap, iron man and bucky was quite the twist and i loved it. Especially RDJ his performance. Was it a grand scale civil war? Not really tho as it felt more like a minor dispute at times and not on the scale that i expected it to be. So thats why i liked the movie but i might have expected too much hence i wasnt mind blown.

Last edited:
I just watched it one last time, and I'm surprised nobody's discussing this. In the first mission, Cap had the Avengers logo on the shoulders of his uniform. Then the Accords came into play, he kinda went rogue with Wilson, and then the next time he wore his uniform (which is when he finds Bucky), the Avengers logo is gone. The logo was gone until the very end. I can see how he feels like he's no longer a part of the Avengers because of that. God, it's the minor details that make the film really great.

I just watched it one last time, and I'm surprised nobody's discussing this. In the first mission, Cap had the Avengers logo on the shoulders of his uniform. Then the Accords came into play, he kinda went rogue with Wilson, and then the next time he wore his uniform (which is when he finds Bucky), the Avengers logo is gone. The logo was gone until the very end. I can see how he feels like he's no longer a part of the Avengers because of that. God, it's the minor details that make the film really great.
Now I have a reason to watch it yet again. Thanks!

Yeah, the missing logos were noticed early on when photos of the costume first hit. The best part is that it isn't just a new jacket with clean shoulders, you can actually see the seam holes where the logos were removed.

maxresdefault.jpg

Watching the show from the first episode makes it all much better. The second half of season 3 and the entirety of season 4 was just terrible
Ok. I started binge watching Community from season 1 and it's been terrific. I'm now on season 3 and starting from episode 4 it's getting weak. Episode 4 was the dice-roll/alternate reality episode which was a high-concept but not funny at all. Episode 5 isn't looking that much better either. I expected to at least have a couple more episodes before it went downhill. Is this where people say it started to drop off?

Ok. I started binge watching Community from season 1 and it's been terrific. I'm now on season 3 and starting from episode 4 it's getting weak. Episode 4 was the dice-roll/alternate reality episode which was a high-concept but not funny at all. Episode 5 isn't looking that much better either. I expected to at least have a couple more episodes before it went downhill. Is this where people say it started to drop off?

Those episodes were kind of like the signs that the show's not doing so good. It all goes down with the episode after the Christmas episode. The show took a 3-month hiatus in between the Christmas episode and the next and returned with bad results.

Season 3 has it's weak spots, but it also has some of my favorite episodes, so try and stick it out.

The show was undoubtedly it's strongest during the first 2 seasons, but it hits occasional high notes through the season 6 finale. It's definitely all worth watching, even at it's weakest.

Just saw the film again and I just noticed something about Vision during the airport battle scene: He tries to stop Team Cap from running, cannonball Giant-Man, shield Black Panther from getting hit by a bus, try to stop Rogers and Barnes from leaving the airport, and accidentally hitting War Machine instead of Falcon...

So during the battle, who was Vision fighting one-on-one? No one seemed to really fight him hand-to-hand combat. I think Vision was a little undermined in the battle. He could have beat most of Team Cap in my opinion.

Just saw the film again and I just noticed something about Vision during the airport battle scene: He tries to stop Team Cap from running, cannonball Giant-Man, shield Black Panther from getting hit by a bus, try to stop Rogers and Barnes from leaving the airport, and accidentally hitting War Machine instead of Falcon...

So during the battle, who was Vision fighting one-on-one? No one seemed to really fight him hand-to-hand combat. I think Vision was a little undermined in the battle. He could have beat most of Team Cap in my opinion.

Wanda would have been the only match for Vision. Nobody else in Team Cap dared to take on Vision since they knew how OP he is.

EDIT: as I remember from the teams charging each other, Hawkeye was the first to try to hit Vision with an arrow which just phases through him

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back