The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects

So, in the new TV-Spot it seems, J.J. did somthing right - (supposed the Turret-disc with the window and the cannon ist rotating for backward-firing), - in this picture the cannon in front of Fin is pointed straight up, so from this position (an according to the landscape-movement) it's firing towards the falcons bow... in this moment... so maybe we will see the movement of the whole turret from inside or outside, when he is turning the cannon backwards...

Unbenannt.png

Last edited:
they would be based on the hi-res reference of the CG asset for episode 7. I've been able to use sketchup to match the perspectives so I can build directly from the image in 3D. I can't solve the plating issues, but at least I could do something about the mandible sidewalls.

Ohhhh.....that sounds nice......you know of course that you can count me in

J

I will start taking a look at that.

in the meantime, check this out.

this is the model of the Falcon from battlefront... and guess what? That's the TFA asset with an old dish stuck on it. (also with some weird details like the starboard mandible recesses details are from the underside of the mandible for some reason. sloppy sloppy.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 22391738855_a9b67ba43b_o.jpg
    22391738855_a9b67ba43b_o.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,646
I will start taking a look at that.

in the meantime, check this out.

this is the model of the Falcon from battlefront... and guess what? That's the TFA asset with an old dish stuck on it. (also with some weird details like the starboard mandible recesses details are from the underside of the mandible for some reason. sloppy sloppy.

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=557089&stc=1

I'm not so certain that is the TFA asset. Looks less detailed. The textures are certainly different.

those two things are true, it's been pared down dramatically, but I'm finding more and more tell tale signs. There's piping in the recesses that's only been seen on the TFA model, and l'm looking at some gameplay footage where the two open bays on the underside, next to the landing gear boxes has the distinctive new shape that Jaitea pointed out on the new model, and that's visible in other reference. Also take a look at the raised ring around the recess for the main dish, that's a TFA detail. I'm tellin ya...

Anyway, so yeah it is missing a lot of details so it's not great reference, but there's a lot of information in the basic shape. Especially in the engine-grill area, which is subtly different than the five-footer (where most everything else has been very faithful).

those two things are true, it's been pared down dramatically, but I'm finding more and more tell tale signs. There's piping in the recesses that's only been seen on the TFA model, and l'm looking at some gameplay footage where the two open bays on the underside, next to the landing gear boxes has the distinctive new shape that Jaitea pointed out on the new model, and that's visible in other reference. Also take a look at the raised ring around the recess for the main dish, that's a TFA detail. I'm tellin ya...

Anyway, so yeah it is missing a lot of details so it's not great reference, but there's a lot of information in the basic shape. Especially in the engine-grill area, which is subtly different than the five-footer (where most everything else has been very faithful).

Ah, ok then. Perhaps they did just take the TFA model and pull pieces off and change textures to try to make it the OG Falcon.

Just realised I posted this in the wrong thread, sorry. But it is TFA Falcon stuff.

I did a quick plan from the one pic I have for anyone who might like some idea of how they are now, to modify.

I know Stevestarkiller has done some renders with views other than this side-on so this might add to that. I posted this in the Prop-guns thread. http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=236527

Last edited:
So, in the new TV-Spot it seems, J.J. did somthing right - (supposed the Turret-disc with the window and the cannon ist rotating for backward-firing), - in this picture the cannon in front of Fin is pointed straight up, so from this position (an according to the landscape-movement) it's firing towards the falcons bow... in this moment... so maybe we will see the movement of the whole turret from inside or outside, when he is turning the cannon backwards...

View attachment 556864

If JJ got this right, Boyega/Finn would be strapped into the seat, being affected by the planet's gravity and inertia. "Star Wars" cheated this by being in *outer space*, and thus Han Solo didn't fall backwards onto Luke, and Luke didn't drop face-first onto the turret canopy. I recall the 1979 MPC Falcon allowed both turrets to point perpendicular to the canopy and rotate 360, allowing you to understand what limited 1977 VFX couldn't illustrate.

Gravity can't be taken as an argument in Star Wars. There are too many scenes in which it does not work the way it should (the whole death star structure, hovering chairs and vehicles...) It seems they have a device which can reshape gravity. I am not looking at anything written in SW technical books, these do not count as references IMO..

If JJ got this right, Boyega/Finn would be strapped into the seat, being affected by the planet's gravity and inertia. "Star Wars" cheated this by being in *outer space*, and thus Han Solo didn't fall backwards onto Luke, and Luke didn't drop face-first onto the turret canopy.

I think it's assumed that starships like the Falcon have gravity plates and inertial dampeners that counteract gravity and momentum even within a planet's atmosphere. If they didn't, pilots and passengers would be smeared like jelly across the walls during launches and high-speed maneuvers. In this photo, it looks right that Finn is facing down and the gun is pointed directly up, toward the rear of the ship. Now how the gunport got in that orientation is something we'll just have to wait and see if its explained. I've got a billion Republic credits that say it never is.

I think it's assumed that starships like the Falcon have gravity plates and inertial dampeners that counteract gravity and momentum even within a planet's atmosphere. If they didn't, pilots and passengers would be smeared like jelly across the walls during launches and high-speed maneuvers.
"Go strap yourselves in. I'm going to make the jump to light speed." - Han Solo

I only just noticed on the revell lights and sound kit and it can be seen here , they rounded the mclaren m23 cockpit pieces on the mandibles.
your right about this being TFA , but as was said it's missing a lot of TFA details , floating plates missing off mandibles .

i know that each iteration of models can change for very good reasons , sometimes I think toy manufacturers do it to give collectors something to identify a phase of model production , but them changing iconic pieces on the falcon seems a little off............also a lot of colour changes to plates .

we have seen here that skilled artists like Steve can create exacting 3D models , so why change it?
Is it to add to the mystic of the ship of riddles ? Or is it " Star Wars under new management we must change things around here mentality"
maybe it's not the falcon LOL

I honestly think it's because the Falcon looks the same to a layman no matter what you do to her. If you get the shape right, and add enough details that are *about* right, then she looks ok. Myself, I never noticed any of the differences as a kid, back then the Full-Scale looked like the model shots and she looked the same in ANH, ESB and ROTJ. How wrong I turned out to be when I learned the differences.

"Go strap yourselves in. I'm going to make the jump to light speed." - Han Solo

I think it's assumed that inertial dampeners, depending on the ship, have some imperfections. On an old, beaten ship like the Falcon they use some seatbelts but on Star Destroyers they jump to lightspeed and no one feels it. Even wearing seatbelts, without a strong inertial dampener the occupants of a ship with be shredded and thrown through the wall as soon as the ship made a highspeed turn.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back