The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects

Stitched together the Falcon images to get a high res look. (Right Click Open In New Tab for Full Res Image)

XKNMS2H.jpg

I've been dry-building these Bandai snap-kits with the stickers on for instant gratification (though I did paint the engine vents). The red arrows indicate some distinct differences from the ILM studio models.
36NaU7M.jpg

Great job on masking the glass J!

Thanks Edge,....its not perfect,...but at least theres no overspray on the glass,.....I used ordinary painters masking tape,....cut the shape of the windows with a new scalpel blade

I pressed down all the edges with a cocktail stick,....before I sprayed with primer I gave it a coat of clear lacquer,....to try & prevent seeping paint under the mask,....which worked:D

J

I will likely use the glass on my Bandai Falcon since the cockpit is getting pretty tiny. I think I'll spray some smoke on the backside to give it that blacked out canopy look.

don't think I saw this posted on this thread (although I did get it off theprf, I just can't remember which thread it was... so, sorry for the repost.)

Can't wait for more amazing ref like this. I REALLY want to see the backside of that dish. I'm prepping a high-accuracy printable dish

this is from the same vendor "Fathead" that produced the huge wall decal of the new star destroyer
Falcon Ep7 exterior front view.jpg

Oh Stinson, that's what I've been waiting for,.to me it doesn't look like the he mandibles walls are mirrored,....what do you recon?

The Falcon actually looks like it has mass,...it looks like a ship,.....bigger than the 5 footer

J

for the life of me I can't remember which thread, but someone posted it here on the RPF. Lucky too, since I can find copies of the fathead image online, but none as big as this.

As a uninformed newbie to names & such...why is the new one called a fathead?

Jaitea - Any chance you have a higher resolution of the five footer you just shared?

Thanks.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back