The official Cosplaysky's AOU Captain America Costume

They also sit a little lower in that pic, looking at the top of the pouches not lining up. If you line up the pouches, it's longer by somewhere around 1/2 the length of the metal bit.
I think that's just how tightly the pouch is closed more than anything. If you look at the inside front portion you can see they're even with the shorter pouches. But you can pm is any special requests and we can see what we can do! Also we are going to shorten the long pouches by 1/2" in length

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think that's just how tightly the pouch is closed more than anything. If you look at the inside front portion you can see they're even with the shorter pouches. But you can pm is any special requests and we can see what we can do! Also we are going to shorten the long pouches by 1/2" in length

Sounds good to me! No special requests from my end.

My long pouches are an inch longer than the other two pouches, so here's what that size ratio looks like when completed! Granted, I've realize that I made the flaps a bit too short by a little more than 1/4" of an inch though.

12062843_10153031532822234_2135708625_o.jpg

I am playing Captain America at a local event for the entire month of October. There are some things I've learned wearing the Cosplaysky suit after one night.
1. It's hotter than hell wearing this thing. I actually sweated through my suit and got my harness wet.
2. You definitely need to attach you jacket to your suit pants. The jacket rides up without even moving and makes you look weird in photos. I will probably add tabs with velcro underneath to attach directly to the pants.
3. You need to clip your belt to your jackets. I actually ended up using binder clips and hiding them under the pouches. Worked like a charm.
4. My gaiters kept sliding down my boots making them look saggy. I will need to attach them via velcro to my pants as well.
5. (not really a coplaysky suit issue) Carrying an aluminum shield for 5 hours gets old really quickly. I wish there was a way to attach it to my back.
6. I would recommend using StarLordQuill's method of separating the sleeves from the main body of the jacket. I could barely put my helmet on for lack of movement in this area.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'd like to share some photos of my modified CosplaySky suit which I wore at the Salt Lake Comic Con which was this past weekend.

My modifications include:
- Separating the sleeves from the jacket, creating an undershirt with the sleeves attached and a separate vest/jacket
- Quickly made aluminum shoulder A's, soon to be replaced
- Painting the light grey vinyl bits on the shoulders and pants black (which I may go back over with a dark grey, the black just stands out far too much)
- Adding new nylon strapping to the harness along with buckles from dstengler
- Overhauling the belt with nylon strapping, metal buckle and pieces from dstengler and painting the appropriate parts dark brown
- Gluing vinyl panels to the interior of the gaiters to make them more stiff
- And of course adding a helmet which I built up from a kit made by TheRocketeer

slccchrisCopy-vi.jpgIMG_2048.JPGIMG_2049.JPGIMG_2051.JPG
IMG_2052.JPGIMG_2053.JPGIMG_2054.JPGslccsebastiancopy.jpg

Overall I'm very happy with the suit. I still have a handful of things I want to alter further.

Hey guys, I'd like to share some photos of my modified CosplaySky suit which I wore at the Salt Lake Comic Con which was this past weekend.

My modifications include:
- Separating the sleeves from the jacket, creating an undershirt with the sleeves attached and a separate vest/jacket
- Quickly made aluminum shoulder A's, soon to be replaced
- Painting the light grey vinyl bits on the shoulders and pants black (which I may go back over with a dark grey, the black just stands out far too much)
- Adding new nylon strapping to the harness along with buckles from dstengler
- Overhauling the belt with nylon strapping, metal buckle and pieces from dstengler and painting the appropriate parts dark brown
- Gluing vinyl panels to the interior of the gaiters to make them more stiff
- And of course adding a helmet which I built up from a kit made by TheRocketeer

View attachment 535670View attachment 535674View attachment 535675View attachment 535676
View attachment 535677View attachment 535678View attachment 535679View attachment 535680

Overall I'm very happy with the suit. I still have a handful of things I want to alter further.
Looks great! Quick note, the parts you painted black should actually be a dark navy blue ;)

Looking good! Those parts on the movie suit look like a dark blue and gray blend, might even be turquoise instead of blue. It's not quite navy blue as navy has a much stronger blue hue and is also darker. The intent was probably to make it a blue that was slightly darker than the fabric, but because it's urethane rubber the color changes from blue to gray to black depending on the lighting and angle. My post above (#337) has a great shot of the forearm urethane piece and is probably the most representative color of those parts. I'm actually going to be mixing some paint tonight using dark turquoise as my base and repainting my pleather parts before Halloween. I also painted them black like you did but have now decided to change the color. Since the Cosplaysky suit isn't an exact color match with the movie suit, I'm just looking for a similar dark blue color that provides the same contrast with the Cosplaysky fabric as the movie suit.

Below is a photo that I took myself, just to have another ref shot for the same costume on display.
20150503_081915.jpg

Last edited:
Granted my suit was a stealth suit at the start I just turned mine into a jumpsuit and stuck the zipper in front. Still had to open up the armpits for mobility. image.jpg Its still amazing what a good tailor or seamstress can do.

I am playing Captain America at a local event for the entire month of October. There are some things I've learned wearing the Cosplaysky suit after one night.
1. It's hotter than hell wearing this thing. I actually sweated through my suit and got my harness wet.
2. You definitely need to attach you jacket to your suit pants. The jacket rides up without even moving and makes you look weird in photos. I will probably add tabs with velcro underneath to attach directly to the pants.
3. You need to clip your belt to your jackets. I actually ended up using binder clips and hiding them under the pouches. Worked like a charm.
4. My gaiters kept sliding down my boots making them look saggy. I will need to attach them via velcro to my pants as well.
5. (not really a coplaysky suit issue) Carrying an aluminum shield for 5 hours gets old really quickly. I wish there was a way to attach it to my back.
6. I would recommend using StarLordQuill's method of separating the sleeves from the main body of the jacket. I could barely put my helmet on for lack of movement in this area.

Add a stiffer lining to the gaiters. I noticed how flimsy they were when I first tried them on, so I backed them with stiff pleather. It looks like Danakin had the same idea. Also when I was wearing the costume I didn't have any issues with the jacket riding up as I moved around, strange. The belt clipped to the jacket hem should also help weigh it down. As for carrying the shield on the back, I've always just gone simple and used elastic straps that I can attach to the shield brackets instead of trying to figure out a more movie accurate way of attaching it to the harness, works like a charm.

How did you attach elastic to the brackets? Any pics?

I use these pupplies:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IC2R?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Slip them through an opening in the bracket or handle, somewhere sturdy, and you can remove them when you're carrying the shield by hand. Pretty simple. The straps show but since our suits are dark blue, it won't be that visible. Maybe you can toy around with it and use the harness to hide the straps better.

I feel your pain on #1 and 5 especially, I wore mine for the first time at Dragon Con this year and yeah I had noodle arms after carrying the shield around all day. I think the helmet made me hotter than the suit itself. Going to get a cooling skull cap for next time. I didnt have much problem keeping my belt in place but I made it myself so it was more adjustable.

I feel your pain on #1 and 5 especially, I wore mine for the first time at Dragon Con this year and yeah I had noodle arms after carrying the shield around all day. I think the helmet made me hotter than the suit itself. Going to get a cooling skull cap for next time. I didnt have much problem keeping my belt in place but I made it myself so it was more adjustable.

I just got my suit in the mail the other day and tried it on. I love the fit of the top. The pants need tailoring for sure.

In thinking about the heat issue with this suit (has anyone else watched the video review that they have on their site? That dude is sweating buckets!) I plan on wearing a cooling neck scarf. I've worn them before when riding on long motorcycle trips in a full rainproof suit in the summer and they do a great job of keeping you cool.
The bandana has this water absorbent crystals in them and you soak it in water for 20-30 minutes and the crystals stay hydrated for days. You tie it around your neck so that the crystals are near your jugular veins. This cools the blood flowing through main arteries and helps to keep you cool. You can find them pretty much anywhere, but amazon has them cheap and in navy blue. This should fit under the quarter neck top of the stretch fabric at the head opening.

http://www.amazon.com/Miracool-Cool...cs_193_49?ie=UTF8&refRID=1HZV42RBCAFZDNWTDXX1

I will post pics later of my suit. And just like the rest of you, I plan on doing the following to improve upon it:
-- eventually make it a separate vest and sleeves for mobility (will have to wait until after halloween as I am working on too much to get it done before)
-- tailor the pants (they need to fit more like a slim or skinny pants, not loose fit like they are now)
-- already made my own belt and will update it more, but I may use the buckle hardware to help as a closure for my belt
-- make my own gauntlets
-- make my own gaiters
-- already have my own harness with magnets to hols shield (did a recent day long test of this at a wizard world con and it held up great)
-- eventually replace the arm and glove "magnets" with actual working magnets
-- eventually weather the suit
-- paint the grey vinyl areas a dark navy blue
-- update the avenger A logo

Holy Crap, what a weekend. Wore the Cosplaysky CA suit this weekend. Got drenched Friday, Froze my butt off Saturday, and then sweated my butt of Sunday. What is everyone using to keep their head cool while wearing there helmets? I was looking at a cooling cap off of Amazon. Also, thought I had nerve damage after carrying the shield around all day. Ended up having to switch hands every half hour.

Holy Crap, what a weekend. Wore the Cosplaysky CA suit this weekend. Got drenched Friday, Froze my butt off Saturday, and then sweated my butt of Sunday. What is everyone using to keep their head cool while wearing there helmets? I was looking at a cooling cap off of Amazon. Also, thought I had nerve damage after carrying the shield around all day. Ended up having to switch hands every half hour.

Sounds rough bud, but you survived! And I'm actually trying to figure out the helmet thing myself, mine's a flexible rubber one so I plan to wear my nylon swimming cap underneath for extended wear, but I'm thinking I may also just keep it off my head until it's time for a picture!

Sounds rough bud, but you survived! And I'm actually trying to figure out the helmet thing myself, mine's a flexible rubber one so I plan to wear my nylon swimming cap underneath for extended wear, but I'm thinking I may also just keep it off my head until it's time for a picture!
That's my plan lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back