Tomorrowland

Wow, great progress everyone! Incredible work IDing that Oldsmobile horn.
Blastmaster, really looking forward to your parts.

EDIT: In the meantime, some more high-res pictures I took at the El Capitan exhibit. (Will be going back for more closeups this week.)

IMG_20150521_183034.jpgIMG_20150521_183107.jpgIMG_20150521_183028.jpgIMG_20150521_183114.jpgIMG_20150521_183023.jpg

Last edited:
The flip handle is not used, and for the side that goes into the Electrolux emblem, I posted pictures to what I did, I took 2 other vacuums and cut that section and spliced them together so they are wide on both sides, probably hard to understand. And like we all have said they took bits and pieces and printed/molded and poured parts, ours are going to be cooler because they will be mostly found parts, fun!!!
So I succeeded in Molding and pouring some Exhaust Nozzles and found a great way to get the finish. here are some pics. So any one that PMed I'll respond and we'll go from there, I know the RPF don't want us to sell outside the Junkyard or Part Runs, so after I respond to you guys I'll do a Run thread and guide you guys there!!!
Speak to you,
AL
IMG_2867.JPGIMG_2868.JPGIMG_2870.JPGIMG_2865.JPG

First two sets of Nozzles are on their way!!!!!!
Going to make a Project run thread tomorrow!!!
Check out my Glass filter redid the paint job!!!!!
AL
Filter es..JPG

Filter es..JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Did we nail down the model on the glass bowl? I haven't been able to find one that matches. (Or did you have to significantly modify yours?)

Also, I'm thinking I'm going to fabricate the extinguishers -- the diameter on the real-world models are just too wide for my taste. Does anyone have a source on just the wheel handles? (Or is willing to cast them up?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking the same on the extinguishers more just to keep the weight down. I was going to use pvc with a cap and just fab up the ribbed part.
The extinguisher handles would be he only thing I would need the. You don't see them by themselves though and my family's Fire business only deals with new extinguishers of course.
Still might pick two up for the handles and to use later possibly.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure on the glass fuel bowl if we found the model used but I found a close enough to modify one.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure on the glass fuel bowl if we found the model used but I found a close enough to modify one.

Yea on the glass filter/bowl I just went for the right size glass and completely did a modified top, I cut the hooks at the top of the wire and threaded it, and made the top out of abs sheet and some copper fittings from Lowes, I also for the tops of the Electrolux caps I also used pluming fittings to fill thee large hole and make the tube opening.
Man it's hard to describe parts of this build, be nice to have an image for the pac with arrows pointing at the parts IDing them.
Anyway this is fun!!!!
AL

i bought some scrap extinguishers but opted for the pvc build. using 6" pvc pipe which has an outsided diameter of about 6.6" which fits it in perfectly. The trick is the round top. Most 6" pvc caps are flat or only slightly rounded - I am considering using a metal bowl because it does not need to be round as most of it is up in the electrolux cap. I am in the same boat on the extinguisher wheels. We need to try to get a cast of one.

I used the same shower pipe covers for the top of the electrolux.

I was going for the same thing with the filter I find the right glass shape but not the top with the bolts or vice versa.

It still might be cheaper to pick up a set of extinguishers with the wheel style handles. You don't have to get the vintage brass ones you should be able to pick a cheap set up of old style stainless steel "water" type extinguishers. I found a set for $40. It would probably cost more to cast them.

Erick

I had some extinguishers, they all seem to run about 7" which is .5 too big. I believe blastmaster had to cut his down and force it back together. what did you search to find the steel water ones.

Hey come on man up and get some real fir extinguishers, I am totally kidding, yea I had to cut a "V" out of the back and push them together, but just love the real deal even tho it will never be able to be worn, LOL...... If I can think of anything I'll let you know. I did get a good finish on my Nozzles, when you guys get them make sure you sand off the 3D lines, try to get them smooth or you can buddy them I kind of did both, but looks pretty cool.
This is really fun going to see the Movie again at our theater tomorrow (Land) night.
Here is the Nozzle!!!!
You guys rock!!!!
AL
Nozzle 1.JPGNozzle 2.JPGNozzle 3.JPGNozzle 4.JPG

You guys are on fire. Living in SoCal and having friends who work for Disney, I got to see a really early trailer, and was smitten by both the jet pack and the weapons, and have been collecting screen shots and checking out the display at the park. Didn't expect this kind of amazing progress this fast, I've gathered several of the parts, but don't have anything to compare to these pieces of art yet. Great job all, thanks for all the info and for sharing. I will be joining you soon in the sky.

Here are some labels I made up for the extinguishers, I am in no way a graphic designer, did this in paint, but thought I would share them. I left them clean so you can weather them on the can.

GE label.png

Last edited:
picked up this tire pressure gauge at meijer for 5$.

20049.jpg

I sanded off the side post, opened the top, painted over the "slime" logo, and weathered by scratching it up and putting some various washes on it.

gaugecombo.jpg

Last edited:
Search ebay for vintage stainless extinguisher. You should be able to find a few cheap enough with the correct handles. They'll be a little lighter also than the brass or steel ones too.
They usually don't have any cool plaques on them though. Just stickers.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back