TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Did you cut it yourself?

I did.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know why you guys are going out of your way to copy exactly how much from the edges the grips reach. Multiple screen shots have shown that the lengths vary from hilt to hilt, which at least makes it plausible that they were all cut to approximations without any intention of cutting them to any specific length to achieve a particular look apart from just making sure that they're not too long or too short. If there were as many hilts available for ANH and ESB, we'd probably see exactly the same.

By the way, I've come to understand that the ANH hero has the grip ends cut to a slant whereas the ESB has perpendicular corners. Yet, there are also grips for the ANH version that come with rounded ends. Was it the case that the ANH hero is shown with both grip versions?

For sure, I'm just doing it this way because it looks about right to what we see on screen so far. :)

LukeLeia.jpg
Graflex, the way it's meant to look ;) :D

Trimmed down the rivets and did a quick test run of the grips just using the tape. I like the short grip look!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    993.5 KB · Views: 207
Greetings Saber-dogs!

New RPF member, after lurking unregistered on/off for a few years...

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading all 71 pages of this thread.

Feels like the moment Neo looks up and says, "I know Kung-Fu"

: ))

I look forward to reading more, and eventually contributing.

Thanks to Roy ''wannawanga' for the heads up : )

Rick, London UK

I honestly dont think the grip lengths are different in the hero saber.
The space between the grip and the clamp seems to be due to the clamp not being pushed all the way down, and all of the pictures indicate a gap at the bottom.

I know its been said that shot of the saber in Maz's chest could be showing the reflection of the Kobold D-ring attachment, but if you look closely you can see that the metal actually curves on the same plane as the grips.
The Kobold attachment has straight edges so it wouldnt be Curved.
The body if the graflex is curved, which indicates its the tube showing on that gap, not a kobold.

Ugh.

I can't believe how many overpriced Parks and Korbanth Grafli are being sold for triple their normal price.
What makes it worse is that these listings have been specially described so that they only say things like "Hollow Graflex" so that they can dodge the eBay buyer protection policy.

Some examples of listings are ones with the titles below
Vintage Graflex 3 Cell Top Part Only For Star Wars Lightsaber Replica- This has a replica Red Button
Star Wars Luke Skywalker Ep.5, Ep.7 Lightsaber (GRAFLEX 3 CELL)-This is a Parks V1 Graflex Replica. The description even says "
NOT A REPRODUCTION"

I really wish people like this would just stop trying to satisfy their greed by scamming others and making the claim that they "need to make ends meet".

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious, but what gives away the button as being a replica on that first one?

Ugh.

I can't believe how many overpriced Parks and Korbanth Grafli are being sold for triple their normal price.
What makes it worse is that these listings have been specially described so that they only say things like "Hollow Graflex" so that they can dodge the eBay buyer protection policy.

Some examples of listings are ones with the titles below
Vintage Graflex 3 Cell Top Part Only For Star Wars Lightsaber Replica- This has a replica Red Button
Star Wars Luke Skywalker Ep.5, Ep.7 Lightsaber (GRAFLEX 3 CELL)-This is a Parks V1 Graflex Replica. The description even says "
NOT A REPRODUCTION"

I really wish people like this would just stop trying to satisfy their greed by scamming others and making the claim that they "need to make ends meet".

Last edited by a moderator:
The button has filthy clean knurling and the the countours of the depression where the burgundy plastic don't match vintage pieces. In fact, they match Parks' replica buttons that were put on his graflex 1.0. However the top half of that ebay listing is vintage.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back