The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

So I've started to reconstruct my red suit based on the season 2/Defenders design. I have been screen printing the fabric, and am kind-of loving the results!

21271131_1415311918522662_3208694638809981437_n.jpg21230876_1415404698513384_1612917742018804574_n.jpg

Last edited:
hi everyone! i don't know if anyone still even goes on this thread anymore, but this thread was pretty much pivotal in creating my season 1 black suit for dragoncon this year! i can't thank you wonderful folks enough. :>

i just have a few modifications i'd like to make, but i'm a bit lost on how exactly to make them.

one is the mask. the fabric i found works well enough, it's a cotton knit t-shirt material i got on the fly at the nearest craft store, but because of the knit it causes the edges to curl and the tassels on the back just ended up folding in on themselves. :/ does anyone know a better material to make it out of? or better yet, have a link? i'd also like to forego my current situation of having a plastic mask that i cut in half to prop the shape up, because it gets WAY too sweaty under there. after a few days of wearing it at dragoncon the whole inside of it was pretty much soaking wet. so basically, i'm looking for a fabric i can layer up to get the right effect, and maybe the best way to pattern it out and dress it so that i can also get the "brow ridge" sort of look.
i know jkks used to make these masks and they looked AMAZING but those are discontinued so i'm looking for an alternative. or if you have a jkks mask and don't need it anymore, hit me up and i'll definitely buy that bad boy off of you. same with the stick holster.

and there's also the elephant in the room - the shirt. the screen-used ones are pretty much a ghost story at this point. one of the shirts i even tried to get during this escapade came in with not even the new mcdavid m pattern, it was green with a camo design up the sides. ridiculous. so what's the best type of paint for painting nylon fabric? the shirt i have now is pretty decent, but i'd really like to get the hex pattern, so my next step, aside from praying to every god above one of the ACTUAL screen-accurate shirts shows up on e-bay, would be to paint it on. would regular fabric paint, or even leather paints work? i know they're both flexible mediums, i use leather paints on my foam props all the time and its super durable, but i'm worried about it possibly peeling off over time.

Geeze I haven't been up in here for a bit. Some fantastic work and posts by @RoboTrap and @IronManiac and the rest of members of course.

Me and the team at Costume Replica Cave are looking down the path of silicone prints for our new Daredevils and Deadpools and there is some awesome work on researching close up pics and rebuilding patterns, looks like everyone is on the same page of T's and Dashes.

In other news, we recently did a custom dyed patterned stretch suit.
18986470_682122031973816_518808380_o.jpg

21032571_1473020202785556_5987283807559448120_n.jpg21078479_1472696732817903_7934800402129183357_n.jpgicm_fullxfull.134446037_9mhjorgyzz0gww8cgwww.jpgjessica-daredevil.jpg

We went a little over the top with accessories (photo from client below), clients are very happy with outcome (fit, colours and build).
22195459_1611926482198713_7783925509200065730_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, if anyone has IDed or at least got good screencaps of the base glove used for the Season 2 costume that would be swell :D

As far as I can tell the only detail I've made out is a hexagonal pattern on the palms of the gloves.

Wondering if anyone is willing to part with their ninja suit parts yet? I'm looking to upgrade mine and need the accrate pieces below to finish that off..

• McDavid 8840R Compression Shirt - Size M or L
• G-Star Powel 3D Tapered in Black - Size 32/82
• 6515R McDavid Hex Knee/Elbow Pads
• 651R McDavid Hexpad Arm Sleeve

Thankyou friends!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I would also be interested in a McDavid 8840R in a M or L if anyone else is selling after the above poster gets his! I bought the legit screen accurate one straight from McDavid way back, but by the time I was assembling the costume they only had XXL left and the exact hex pattern couldn't be found anywhere else on the internet. I thought maybe it could be tailored to fit but was told it would be extremely difficult or impossible to recut the entire thing and maintain the hex patterns and stitching exactly. I also need to upgrade my mask and I've pretty much got it all together

I would also be interested in a McDavid 8840R in a M or L if anyone else is selling after the above poster gets his! I bought the legit screen accurate one straight from McDavid way back, but by the time I was assembling the costume they only had XXL left and the exact hex pattern couldn't be found anywhere else on the internet. I thought maybe it could be tailored to fit but was told it would be extremely difficult or impossible to recut the entire thing and maintain the hex patterns and stitching exactly. I also need to upgrade my mask and I've pretty much got it all together
I found this but I'm not sure if it's a trustworthy site. https://www.compressionsale.com/McDavid-Performance-Compression-Shirt.html Tell me if it works out if you decide to order from here because I want one too.

Last edited:

Highly doubtful. Your best bet is to get lucky with an eBay find, or buy the women's model of the shirt, which looks the same as the old models. However, I would not recommend that unless you are in fact female, as the cut and sizing is vastly different and won't fit the male form properly.

Highly doubtful. Your best bet is to get lucky with an eBay find, or buy the women's model of the shirt, which looks the same as the old models. However, I would not recommend that unless you are in fact female, as the cut and sizing is vastly different and won't fit the male form properly.
I guess I'll settle for a bunch of ****ing Ms then.

It's a real shame. The hex pattern was my favorite part of the costume.

EDIT: Thanks BTW, I think I found one in my size on a website less than a minute after I posted this.

Last edited:
I guess I'll settle for a bunch of ****ing Ms then.

It's a real shame. The hex pattern was my favorite part of the costume.

EDIT: Thanks BTW, I think I found one in my size on a website less than a minute after I posted this.
I wouldn't stress it so much. Once you have the pads on, you can't really see the pattern under the arms anyway.

Care to share?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back