2002 Hasbro basic Obi Wan lightsaber mods

SpnsrKzb

I have always loved certain Jedi lightsaber hilts. If I could own any high quality prop replica saber it would have to be an Obi Wan ANH weathered saber.

I cant see myself in a position financially right now to afford a decent replica saber, so in the meantime I want to mod this 2002 Hasbro basic saber as cheaply as possible. I want to completely remove the blade and add a crystal reveal chamber. I don't really want to repaint it because I think the paint wear looks like weathering.

I have ZERO Lightsaber building or propmaking experience, but I don't think this should be very difficult to do even for a beginner. However, I do have basic soldering and electronic circuitry knowledge. I can get access to a Dremel and other tools if needed. Any advice on where to start would be very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428097675.597847.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428097675.597847.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Would any forum members be willing to share their build log of an AOTC or TPM Obi saber hilt with crystal reveal? This is for my personal collection and I have no plans to gain from this project financially or otherwise. I just want a half-decent looking replica as cheaply as possible.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Last edited:
1st off let me be the 1st to welcome you to the rpf. ;)

now to your project, You should have posted this thread in the Star Wars section to get the best results for help :p

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back