Show your custom Lightsabers!

Hey guys, I was wondering if there is a good strategy to follow by when trying to buy a 3 cell graflex handle on ebay? Any suggestions?
best-superpower-ever.jpg

Out of curiosity... am I the only one that thinks this thread needs to be split up into at least two threads, one for hardware/camera flash sabers and another for machined/3D printed sabers?

My concerns are not with the title of this thread. From what I have noticed via posts and comments on other people's posts (or lack thereof), it seems that a lot of the posters in this thread that are into hardware and camera flash based sabers seem to care little for machined sabers and vice-versa. As such, I personally feel that it should be at least two threads instead of one.

Last edited:
My concerns are not with the title of this thread. From what I have noticed via posts and comments on other people's posts (or lack thereof), it seems that a lot of the posters in this thread that are into hardware and camera flash based sabers seem to care little for machined sabers and vice-versa. As such, I personally feel that it should be at least two threads instead of one.

I don't think there's any preference at all. It comes down to those who have the ability to machine parts and those that have to make them out of found parts (like me). I think anyone who had the equipment and ability would be making machined parts as well. I think people seem more enthusiastic over found part sabers because more people are able to build something like that.

That's definitely in my top 10 favourite customs. Effective. Nicely done. To me, that is the one that should have been Anakin's padawan saber.

- - - Updated - - -

This one.
Back in post #248, I posted pics of my hardware "Brute" custom saber, which was loosely based on the Mara Jade Lightsaber. A few posts later, I had mentioned that I had enough parts in my greeblie stash to build another one. Here's the final result.

My original Brute saber is 12" long. This one was cut down to 11". The clamps are originally from a Heiland SOL and a Heiland Syncronar. The SOL clamps do not have sidebars, so those were fabricated from a couple pieces of 1/4" steel. The emitter/innards are from a Graflite slave flash. All of the rectanguler slots were cut with a dremel tool, along with a lot of hand-filing to match the sockets in the Graflite innards.

The circuit board in the forward clamp is from a section of a Magnavox Odyssey 2 video game cartridge that I normally do not use on my saber projects. The knob that holds it in place is from a Heiland shroud. The threads were the same, so no need to re-tap.

Total cost for this one was less than $20.00 just like my first version. The only actual purchases were the sink tube and the 16 stainless steel button-head allen head screws.

[URL]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb333/Scott_D_1969_007/Prop%20Collection/DSC03809_zpshyk4hmoi.jpg[/URL]

[URL]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb333/Scott_D_1969_007/Prop%20Collection/DSC03811_zpsle4mwync.jpg[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
It is made of a few different parts I had laying around. A 1.5 inch diameter aluminum tube with some machined bits such as the pommel and black parts. The box is a clamp from a heiland flash. The emitter shroud is a modified heiland shroud. I forgot where I got the grips and cover tech knob from.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back