More of a practical FX question for filmming

Desciple

Hello Community:
I recently saw the making of Terminator. In the segment, they mentioned that there are two interacting chemicals that's applied to an actor's clothing to make it smoke from it's surfaces. I've seen the effect in Constantine when the actor returns from Hell (which was prolly CGI), but as in the first terminator, after Arnold gets his eyebrows brunt off from the wall of fire at the end of the car / alley scene, his clothes are smoking.
Can anyone shed some light what are the 2 interacting chemicals used to create that effect? It's not dry ice.
Please help if you can. I'm going to use on an upcoming short film.
Thanks!

Most likely hydrochloric acid and ammonia as Arnold references having "acid" put on him during the smoking sequences in the special features. A similar effect can be created with a material called A-B Smoke which is a two part chemical reaction. Theres and A and a B and when they mix on a subject they smoke. I don't know if this is still readily available...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back