The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

These are the closest profile pics I have of the blaster @Risu

gotg%20star%20lords%20guns.jpg

blastside.jpg

I also drew up this quick template if your planning on further modifying your nerf blasters. It might be of use to you:

blastcompare3.jpg

The red represents the parts you will need to eliminate and the gray are the new fab pieces.

Also, I'll have that left grip finished soon!

Awesome, I look forward to picking those up. Most likely what I'm going to do is keep the grips from the nerf guns, and maybe the brass barrel sections, then build the rest up from scratch.

Just in case anyone is interested... I found a passable solution to the flat snaps that are everywhere on the costume.

I picked up some flat rivets from ebay to sub out the non functional snaps on the bag. Discovered I could slip the bottom of the rivet through the top cap on a set of line 20 snaps and drive them together through the cloth... Sure, they aren't magnetic, but they look the part!

Here's some pics. Pants turned out pretty well I think. The color on the canvas needs some adjustment, but the cord browns out nicely with some bleach.

11666034_730233190414283_794398791441196139_n.jpg

11692623_730232150414387_5423798948062104596_n.jpg

The pants look amazing. @Darth Mule

I'm pretty sure by now every Star-Lord Fan would like to have a detailed outline of the pants at the least if no one is going to commission or make a run for them.

It's a very detailed pants, and very hard to produce. Hence reason why most people wouldn't want to start a run for them as they're pretty too much labor work to produce them.

But come again, they look amazing! Specially the side leather holsters pad. :cheers

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Having looked at the real pants up close and studied the seaming, I'm pretty sure that nobody will ever sell an accurate pair of them. They're the most complex pair of pants I've ever seen, and don't get me wrong, Darth Mule's are excellent, but I have yet to see anybody get them 100% right.

Attention all those looking for Star Lord Pants. I've looked for a long time and found them. I plan on purchasing them in the future, so no pics. The party that makes them doesn't want their info posted out but PM me and I can give you the contact info so you can get pics, size, and pricing. The can come with rocket booster buttons and side gun holster pads if wanted. Also you can supply your own sippers if wanted. Trust me these are awesome pants. As close as screen accurate goes unless you try and make your own.

Having looked at the real pants up close and studied the seaming, I'm pretty sure that nobody will ever sell an accurate pair of them. They're the most complex pair of pants I've ever seen, and don't get me wrong, Darth Mule's are excellent, but I have yet to see anybody get them 100% right.

I'm open to direction!
I doubt I could get them 100% even if I saw them up close. I'd have to pattern directly off them, and I might still miss a few details. These things are no joke. 60 pieces in what I came up with.

That sounds about right, I never actually counted.

Plus, the different pairs made with corduroy/moleskin had different methods of expansion at the knees.

Thought id post up my bucket.
I had someone else paint it but i didn't like it so i went back and redid it all again myself.. it was my first time painting anything like this. I did it just before xmas if i recall correctly.
IMG_3641.JPG

Thought id post up my bucket.
I had someone else paint it but i didn't like it so i went back and redid it all again myself.. it was my first time painting anything like this. I did it just before xmas if i recall correctly.

That looks amazing! Where did you get the helmet from?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back