The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Soulinertia Me, I made the jacket, pants, belt, belt buckle, belt rings, boots, and blaster leather pads. I 3D printed the blasters from helagak, boot rocket files from Michael Frese, Orb from thingverse, got the tape player resin cast from here as well. I made the 3D file for the rocket remotes and belt buckle.

@ Kevin Gossett Yes, I would have preferred some better repros but it was what I had to work with at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Met you at PHXCC. I was working the 501st booth at the time. Your costume looked excellent! :thumbsup

Baby Groot and StarLord at the Phoenix Comic Con. We walked 7 miles this day. I wouldn't have thought the boots and rockets would be so heavy after 8 hours of walking but I was wore out. Couldn't walk two feet without a million pictures being taken. Wife was really excited. (Baby Groot) Said she felt famous. Saw several other GOTG cos players but none had much detail. I was very happy with the outfit and my bits. Thanks to this website and all its members for your assist. I plan to post a build post soon. Next time -- helmet.View attachment 485165View attachment 485166View attachment 485167.View attachment 485164View attachment 485168

@Soulinertia Me, I made the jacket, pants, belt, belt buckle, belt rings, boots, and blaster leather pads. I 3D printed the blasters from helagak, boot rocket files from Michael Frese, Orb from thingverse, got the tape player resin cast from here as well. I made the 3D file for the rocket remotes and belt buckle.

@ Kevin Gossett Yes, I would have preferred some better repros but it was what I had to work with at the time.

Gonna do a pants or jacket tutorial? Especially the pants. Trying to study them since this one ebay seller won't post pictures of the back of the ones he sells, forcing me to seriously consider making my own.

This is a great 59 page read! I wish I could obtain this thread as a huge text file so I could read on the plane haha. Everyone's contributions and their own costumes was just fantastic.

I plan to create my own jacket, or at least attempt, by waxing, ombre-dying, and aging some cotton drill fabric.

This guy is doing pretty accurate pants!
uploadfromtaptalk1433565995637.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433566001043.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433566005993.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433566011077.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Some good details, but still a ways off. These are just going to be one of those things that can't be done correctly via mass production. Just too many details

These are the pants I've been talking about. If they did a few things they would be okay. Some pattern adjustments, material selection, alter the knee. They will custom size as well, in fact they were eager to get my sizes but I told them I had the see the pants from all sides and see how the knee bent first.

Anyways...

Listing: Guardians of The Galaxy Star Lord Peter Quill Cosplay Pants Size L

Seller: human_go

I just rechecked these ebay pants, I think he's got a new picture up. It's still only the front of the pants, but look at that left knee. The knee seems like it has the actual accordion folds.

This guy is doing pretty accurate pants!
View attachment 486123View attachment 486124View attachment 486125View attachment 486126

Only offering the rocket button.

I just rechecked these ebay pants, I think he's got a new picture up. It's still only the front of the pants, but look at that left knee. The knee seems like it has the actual accordion folds.

Only offering the rocket button.
He quoted a friend of mine $350 for everything in the pic...

On the etsy listing (which I'm assuming is what you referenced) he says at the bottom of the listing to PM him for info on commissioning the pants :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back