ANOVOS Darth Vader

To be completely honest, as much as I love www.starwarshelmets.com . Some of the information there needs an update. Specifically on the Vader helmets. There are a lot of helmets that are mislabeled between ROTJ and ESB on the website, that are easy to spot as being one or the other.

As fas as differences go between ROTJ and ESB helmets, the most noticeable is the widows peek on the dome. ESB had the indentation while ROTJ does not. There are plenty of other details that set them apart, but they are rather small and the casual admirer will not notice them. Widows peek is the clearest / fastest giveaway for all three movies.

On the mannequin subject- As awesome as it would be to own a Dave Prowse type manny, I just cant justify the prices that are being asked for them. Specially when I've been able to purchase mannequins with the adequate hight that only require some beefing up, for just under $300 shipped ( one of them even has articulated arms and fingers). Dont see why anyone should spend anywhere over 1K on a mannequin.

I have spoken with them many times at cons, they have confirmed that their vader helmet is a "frankenstien" helmet meaning they used elements from all 3 films into making it.

I forgot what exactly were those elements but yes its not a "accurate" vader helmet.

Sorry, as I'm sure this has been covered to death...

Anovos says this is the ESB Vader...does someone have a source for all the specific differences between the ANH, ESB and ROTJ Vaders?

OMG! I can't believe it! I just got the shipping notice for my Darth Vader helmet!!! It'll be here Monday. We need "dances with joy", & a "tears of joy" emoji's.
It ain't here yet, but it looks like ANOVOS is the winner of my race between them, eFX, & RS PropMasters.

Bahahaha! I'm picturing a cross-country race between a snail, a slug, and a turtle :lol

I just unpacked my Vader helmet, mantle and life-systems. I actually got the helmet back in July But I waited until now for the reveal. Overall I'm pleased. I'm new to this unboxing thing but I thought I'd share what I've got.
The packaging is nice and everything was packed securely. No damage when opened up.
IMG_2559.jpgIMG_2558.jpgIMG_2557.jpgIMG_2561.jpgIMG_2560.jpgIMG_2562.jpg
The helmet is great and real easy to put together. I've owned a few Vader helmets over the years and the magnetic locking is the best locking system I've tried. The accuracy is good enough for my needs.The paint job is exquisite.
The mantle and bells are great. I can't get over how light they are. Again, I've owned a few and these are the lightest I've ever felt. Almost like plastic. The hinges on the shoulders are also much more convenient. The fit is also surprisingly good. I'm a wide shouldered guy but not Prowse wide by any means. These will fit my frame without any padding once I have the suit underneath. I do wish it would have included some sort of cape hook so I could use my existing cape. The mantle has snaps so it hooks up with their cape. Looks like I'll be buying the Anovos premiere cape once its available.
If I had any disappointment it would be with the life systems. Don't get me wrong, it looks great but there's some strange choices. The belt boxes are metal. I'm used to plastic so these feel unnecessarily heavy. the belt is also held together with velcro. I was expecting something with a buckle. Also none of the electronics have an off/on switch. They go once the batteries are in (all 9v).
Overall I'm pleased with these purchases. Much improved over my existing accessories (I can't recall which manufacturers they came from). I might try and rig the cape so I can wear it this Halloween. (if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears). I'll add pics when it all comes together.
IMG_2570.jpgIMG_2569.jpgIMG_2568.jpgIMG_2567.jpgIMG_2566.jpgIMG_2565.jpgIMG_2564.jpgIMG_2563.jpgIMG_2571.jpg

You turn the belt boxes on and off by pressing the green lights, there is a micro switch behind them. Chest box turns on and off by hitting the red button, one press turns it on to the ESB light sequence, press it again for the ROTJ light sequence, third press turns it back off.

I'm still trying to figure out how to attach the Chest Box.....it baffles both me and the college edumacated of our group :)
the top straps go over the shoulder then run the bottom straps through the loops at the end of the top straps. The bottom straps go through the buckle, which doesn't really buckle but they hold tight.

You turn the belt boxes on and off by pressing the green lights, there is a micro switch behind them. Chest box turns on and off by hitting the red button, one press turns it on to the ESB light sequence, press it again for the ROTJ light sequence, third press turns it back off.
Thanks, I didn't know they did that.
You'd think there might be instructions or something for all us geniuses out there.

This isn't going to look right until i get a proper sized mana q... so i didn't bother to put the chest box on right under the robe.
but for now, it'll work until something affordable comes along.

15032219_10154549789625211_325758867683392170_n.jpg

Does anyone have both the Anovos and eFx vader helmets? Any opinions on the more affordable eFx ANH version?

Well it's more affordable because of the material, it's plastic. The Anovos is fiberglass.

You're also comparing two different movie helmets. So it really depends how much more the fiberglass with fancy interior is worth it to you.

Well it's more affordable because of the material, it's plastic. The Anovos is fiberglass.

You're also comparing two different movie helmets. So it really depends how much more the fiberglass with fancy interior is worth it to you.

Thanks for the info.

I don't really know the intricate details of each version of Vader's helmet nor do I have a preference. I just want a nice replica to display and occasionally wear. The reason why I ordered from Anovos is because I thought it was the only licensed Vader helmet available to order and just recently found out that eFx also has one(plus it's in stock).

Supposedly, my Anovos helmet is finally arriving in December(after multiple delays) but I'm not too confident it will arrive by then. If the eFx is just as nice and movie accurate, then it provides more bang for the buck that suits my needs.

Thanks for the info.

I don't really know the intricate details of each version of Vader's helmet nor do I have a preference. I just want a nice replica to display and occasionally wear. The reason why I ordered from Anovos is because I thought it was the only licensed Vader helmet available to order and just recently found out that eFx also has one(plus it's in stock).

Supposedly, my Anovos helmet is finally arriving in December(after multiple delays) but I'm not too confident it will arrive by then. If the eFx is just as nice and movie accurate, then it provides more bang for the buck that suits my needs.
The accuracy of the efx depends on what is important to you. The shape is good. The painting isn't very accurate compared to the weathered ANH helmet. The weight is much less which may be good or bad.

The Anovos helmet started out as a melding of features from ANH, ESB, and ROTJ. Later they changed the description to only refer to ESB. It appears more like an ESB helmet, but probably isn't as specific as some replicas.

The Anovos is a very good value for a fiberglass helmet. The efx is a very good value for a low priced accurately shaped ANH helmet, but it is plastic.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

The eFX PCR helmet is very nice. I have the limited -apology- helmet (it's actually at a friends house currently), & as far as wearing occasionally, you'll want to add some padding if you plan on wearing it for more than a few minutes. Thankfully it is light weight, because if it had any more weight the sharp plastic edges (especially around the bridge of the nose area) would dig in to the point of being unwearable. Right now, after a short time, it's just uncomfortable (for me at least). As far as displaying goes, it's beautiful. I also have the eFX limited fiberglass Vader helmet (way more comfortable to wear). As far as appearance goes, from a few feet away, they're almost identical. The PCR is slightly larger & way more shiny.
As far as the ANOVOS Vader helmet goes.... I really like it! It's fiberglass, it's comfortable, & - even though it's not 100% screen accurate (but the eFX isn't either) - I think it's beautiful. I had to wait forever & a day for it, but I got it at the first tier price, so I'm very happy with it. Plus, the ESB Vader helmet is my favorite. One day I hope to own a Quasimodo ESB.
I finally have a day off, & I plan on taking photos of my Vader helmets today. I'll post them later.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back