ANOVOS Darth Vader

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by KrangPrime, Jul 26, 2014.

1. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  2. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Re: ANVOS Darth Vader

There is a limited time frame in which to order, I just browsed over this release but I think like most of their offerings, the earlier you buy the cheaper it is.

The tier system, also They may do a payment plan on this as they do with some of their other offerings

Looks like no payment plan on this one :(

3. James Kenobi 1138

James Kenobi 1138 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I think this costume is absolutely fantastic and honestly the price is about what I spent on my costume. If I had the extra cash I'd get this one to have an ESB version.

Amazing DJ likes this.
  4. Sym-Cha

Sym-Cha Master Member

Just when I'm about to finish an ESB Darth Ugly full costume ... this one comes around the corner ... alas my customer's budget has been spend on seperate parts now :wacko

Chaim

5. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

yeah, but I'm wondering what that time frame is.. will this sell out in weeks? Months? If months, I have more than enough time

6. Apollo

I don't think you have months.

Anovos will stop taking orders faster than you think

7. banthapoodoo

banthapoodoo Member

An upgrade in quality and appearance from the Rubies supreme costume that's for sure. I applaude Avonos for their truth in advertising "balancing comfort and accuracy" and not claiming it's cast from an original mold etc. They are respecting the knowledge of their potential customers and that's both smart and appreciated.

AllieGator likes this.
  8. Saberbay

Saberbay Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I am so happy they have the license, they are really taking care of it

9. Kroenen77

Kroenen77 Sr Member

Too bad...sideshow!;)

The vader looks great and its wearable.And with the real leather option its only the half price of the Sideshow one.
    BUT did someone knows the source of the fiberglassparts on the Anovos?Are they from a screenused prop or not?

10. Bigturc

Bigturc Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Did anyone review their stuff yet? Or we just don't know cause it's all proto pics for now?

11. Apollo

Nothing from the Star Wars universe has been reviewed yet.

I can tell you that their Star Trek TOS and TNG Uniforms look like they walked right off the set. :thumbsup

Amazing DJ likes this.
  12. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

as much as I hate too.. Idon't think Ican pass this one up.. if only the pre order can hold out for three weeks ;o)

13. Bigturc

I'm interested in the Vader suit .. But I can't see myself shelling that kind of money without seeing the real thing!! Am I alone on this? Or it's just the way it is and everyone agrees with this!

On another note, estimated shippin to Canada is 0$ .. So I don't know about that one either .. Obviously a bug on their side!

jcgardea likes this.
  14. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

has anyone used bill me later lately? I can't remember how that worked last time I used it. Having six months to pay off this suit will be much nicer..

15. TRDNiteLife

TRDNiteLife New Member

Shipping and Handling
    The shipping and handling for this item will be collected via an invoice (or a separate "Shipping & Handling" product item) when the item is ready to ship.

16. newmennium

newmennium New Member

On top of there not being any pictures of the standard suit, it's been confirmed that it will have a "zip front", meaning a "hidden" zipper seam front and center on the upper torso.

17. GRINCH

GRINCH Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm torn between getting Vader or the upcoming Jango.

18. Bigturc

Yeah, I've seen that, what I saw saying is that in their pre-order form, you can get an estimate shipping price .. entering Canada with my postal code resolved in a 0$ price tag. I'd never order without knowing the shipping I'm gonna end up paying on this!

19. TRDNiteLife

TRDNiteLife New Member

I don't think it currently works for anyone on that item.

20. Sym-Cha

Sym-Cha Master Member

Although a very nice costume indeed ... more pictures and close-ups of helmet, gear and leather material used should be advised ... otherwise you may end up with a 'blind date' with Darth Vader and experience buyers remorse in the end ... so when you have any intent to buy-now ask for more pictures in advance ... don't count on Vader's blue eyes alone to become a happy customer ;)

Chaim

21. Thoth

Thoth New Member

Yeah the shipping concern was one I was worried about as well. As for how long this lasts, there are 25 suits at the 25% off level I believe. As for how fast they will go, that is a good question $2000/$4000 is a lot of money for a costume. I would think it has a few weeks at least. The Luke one is still first tier, but the Han one went to 2nd Tier in a few days. Your guess is as good as mine.

It should be noted. This comes without boots and a saber. Anyone have any suggestions on where to get the best quality of both of those? :)

22. ArkRaider

ArkRaider Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

23. Thoth

Thoth New Member

Ouch. You and me both!

24. Amazing DJ

Amazing DJ Well-Known Member

That looks goooood. I plan to order seven of these, one to wear each day of the week. :D

Sym-Cha likes this.
  25. Sym-Cha

Sym-Cha Master Member

^ Correct me if I'm mistaken but I believe it does come with seven pair of clean underwear ... so perhaps two costumes would suffice? ... One for normal wear during the week and one for sundays, special occassions and appearances ;)

Chaim

26. TRDNiteLife

TRDNiteLife New Member

This description was incorrect. The Anovos site has been updated to reflect the following:

"Standard undersuit will feature one-piece jumpsuit construction with mesh ventilation, with zipper at crotch (covered by cod piece) and a full back-length zipper at the back."

27. newmennium

newmennium New Member

This is true. I ended up getting a follow up email correcting their initial answer to my inquiry. I hope the standard "faux leather" looks decent. Still no pictures of that option. And, premium is at tier 2 pricing already!

28. TRDNiteLife

TRDNiteLife New Member

I don't believe Anovos has put out anything sub-par. I think the standard suit will look pretty good.

29. darthwhitey

darthwhitey Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

If you price out all the parts, the value here seems to be in the standard line. Plus, if one hated the pleather under suit down the road you could just replace it with a leather one.

I've been considering a 1:1 display Vader for years, and if ANOVAS is as good as most people claim, then this seems to be a pretty good option for the money.

Another problem will be sourcing a mannequin and getting the pose just right. If that could all be done you certainly have a "close enough" Vader for all but the pickiest Vader lovers…?

What size would you guys buy? I assume the XL or 2XL…?

30. joshbea6

joshbea6 New Member

I always am careful in my buying of ANYTHING, especially when it comes to this kind of money. I've asked them if they have any detailed pics yet, and haven't seen anything new. I asked if it was a "reveal" style helmet, or if it was more of just the front with the head holder in the back as many of the helmets are. I haven't gotten much in response.

If nothing else, I'd really like to see more detailed pics of the setup.

31. Got Maul

Got Maul Official Licensee RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi Josh, when it comes to any kind of money exchange, none take the responsibility more serious than we do. At ANOVOS, we respect and appreciate the fact that you've essentially given us your trust to take your money and help fund our licensed projects. Things like this take time and some level of risk that is assumed by you, the buyer. That's why we try our best to answer all questions, but when it really comes down to it, we give you a real lenient open door policy to ask for a full refund if the risk or things change in your life during the course of project. This is our current day form of a spit handshake.

As for your question, it is not a reveals helmet, in other words, it will not have an ornately decorated back neck brace, nor will top of the helmet have the ROJ reveal decorations. The helmet though, will feature a structure never seen in Classic Vader helmets which will be a magnetically guided, interlocking system of dome to faceplate. Additionally, the faceplate is not just plate...for your face anymore. We've sculpted and extended the plate to go further around the costumer's head for a more secure feel, so that the faceplate becomes more the skull plate, which is more appropriate.

We are having professional pictures taken of our counter sample back from our manufacturer. I don't have the pics up yet, but will show them when we do.

Hope that helps.

Joe

- - - Updated - - -

Darthwhitey- Mannequins ? Hmmm...interesting :) I have spoken with fellow RPFers who are going on their own to create their own solutions. Stay tuned !

Thoth likes this.
  32. Thoth

Thoth New Member

I will say that I have bought several items from Anovos, and I can't compliment and support them enough. They are fans, trying to give other fans the very best!

I give them the highest recommendations.

I was one of the first to buy the Vader "experiment" and I have complete confidence that it will be the very best the team at Anovos can produce.

:)

And no, I don't work for them, but I am a very satisfied customer.

33. Re: ANVOS Darth Vader

This is awesome. Very, Very nicely done.

34. newmennium

newmennium New Member

So what you're saying is I can stop scouring the internet for a mannequin(which creeps me out) because RPFers are providing the ultimate Vader mannequin with posable arms and fingers?

35. Brent M

Brent M Sr Member

If I were buying this, I know the thing I would want to see the most is the standard vs. premier leather to compare the look of the two materials.

36. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Sr Member

I am seriously thinking of purchasing one of these but I would like to see pictures of the actual final product, not of a mock-up version.

Anovos, any chance we will see some photos of the final product? Tier 1 on the premium is already sold out.

37. Got Maul

I can ask my team to shoot some quick photos of the undersuit fabric to compare.

Some of the pieces that were caught up in the prototype cycle are still being finished. While it is unusual that some of the pieces photographed are not actual final pieces, there is no doubt that we are confident it will be equivalent if not better. With that said, if you are still hesitant but still want to proceed with a Tier 1 purchase (which is very close to closing out), I would recommend making the purchase, knowing that you have a 100% money back guarantee, and watch the development go through its final stages for production closely. As the final pieces start rolling out, you will either see it here or on Facebook.

I hope that helps answer some questions.

38. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Sr Member

Sounds reasonable. If it is possible, it would be nice to see pics of all the components as they become finished.

Would definitely like to see comparison pics of the standard and premier leather side by side.

And of course I always like behind the scenes info. (pics, etc.) on how things are made, any plans for something like that?

39. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Sr Member

Anyone know what Prowse's hand/ glove size was while filming ESB?

40. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l3qa5TyKcVk

I plan to build this for threepio. and, if I can secure one, vader.

- - - Updated - - -

sent you a time sensitive private message ;o) thanks :). I was hoping the pre sale would last a little longer.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  41. dday

dday Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

A couple things for anyone to keep in mind about this.

The price, you're paying a premium for 1. a licensed product, 2 a one stop shop.

You can build a 1:1 film accurate vader for less, but you have to wait on parts and do all the work yourself to contact the vendors and such. Well, or pay someone to handle it all for you.

If your intention is to join the 501st with this suit, be hesitant. At this moment, since a finished product has not come out, the 501st isn't saying if it will be approvable yet. It will depend on if they are more generic ESB, but not 100% ESB style, or they stay 100% true to the ESB requirements.

Anovos has some pretty slick products and has a great attention to detail, so I really hope they will make a suit that is Vader, and is approvable/film accurate without a lot of additional work.

Granted, if you just want to have a nice standee and don't care about the fine nit picky details, I'm sure it will pass muster! There is NO way it can be worse or even near the quality of the Rubies, their only competition for a licensed product.

42. Got Maul

Thanks DDay !

43. vader1974

vader1974 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I bit the bullet and ordered the std version. Seemed like a great deal to get something I have always wanted.

44. Got Maul

Thanks Vader1974 !

45. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

yeah, same here.

Although, be warned folks..... last time we bought something, the buy now pay later PP option was there automatically. This time around, however, apparently you have to sign up for it BEFORE hand. Wish I had known that...now i've got to pay it off a bit quicker than intended. oh well..

any chance this thing will come out before december? Might have a radio event at a kids hospital that might make it fun to bring to, in addition to 3P0 and R2....if I get invited this year that is, heh.

46. Got Maul

Keep in mind that the delivery time on this is well into next year, probably in Q2. So unfortunately, no, we won't be able to get this out before December this year.

47. darthwhitey

darthwhitey Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I ordered the standard version too. It sounds like it's the best bang for the buck. If you simply must add the leather under suit down the road maybe this can be sourced from another seller?

The great reputation and track record of ANOVOS combined with a fair price point made this a no brainer for me. I think this is a great investment if nothing else. There aren't too many options for a full Vader out there, so I think this will hold it's value quite well if you ever decided to sell.

I'm planning on using mine for a 1:1 display, so I'd love to hear any plans for a mannequin to go along with it! ;)

Thanks to ANOVOS and "Got Maul" for the hard work!

48. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

ahh, gotcha. OK, no worries. even if it shipped to May of next year, it'd be perfect timing for episode 7 launch ;o).

any chance of a stormtrooper? Only other one I'd want.

49. Got Maul

Thanks for the kind words DW - we try !!!

NeilT - Stormtrooper is something we are working on and is just a matter of when.

I will say though, our developments on the clone trooper are simply astounding. In all honesty, my personal excitement goes to that project because it will be something that no one has ever really seen as far as out of the box crisp detailing and the level of accessibility for this armor set. More pics as they start rolling out.

50. bookface

bookface Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm looking forward to seeing the clonetrooper. I'm curious GM, where did the original come from? Since we know there were no actual suits made for the movies, can we actually hope for a 3d print from the original files? :) And will there by any variants, commanders, phase 1 & 2 etc...?