ANOVOS Darth Vader

for those looking for a vader mannequin, i got mine from Portumac, i think it was about $2k, and he also made that custom base for me as well.
It was all made in fiberglass and its prowse sized, not just tall but beefy. i think with the base its a bit over 7 feet tall.

9g8yhd.jpg

2rf7w39.jpg

Attachments

• 13668925_657615427736004_7104488523994304299_o (1).jpg
    13668925_657615427736004_7104488523994304299_o (1).jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 733
  • 13719464_657614517736095_5353129906437910787_o.jpg
    13719464_657614517736095_5353129906437910787_o.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 273
The chestbox and straps should go on before you dress the inner robe and shoulder armor.

The belt boxes slide onto the belt using the thin slots on the boxes. As you pointed out, the buckle is backwards so fix that first then slide the boxes on (2 green lights are on the topside of each box).
;o)
I was looking at pictures and of course, that's how it's strapped on... so i took the top part off and the cape and will straighten everything on the easy way first before i put the rest on.

- - - Updated - - -

Last I looked it was around a 2K difference.

yeah, not worth getting for my monetary ability at the moment. i could barely afford standard!

I know this is a terrible picture but here are both of my Vaders ( ESB/ ROTJ), and both mannequins were purchased on Ebay for around $200 each plus shipping. I didnt go over $350 and with a bit padding for the muscles and a few pieces of soft foam on top of the head to give it an extra inch or two of hight, I got amazingly satisfying results. I didnt have to spen 2K on a mannequin. I just made sure the overall hight was 6'5" and that it was skinny built. I looked for athletic type mannequins. I'm sure if you were willing to spend at least $400 to $500 you could find even better ones.

14454110_10154679868277518_727835663_o.jpg

I know this is a terrible picture but here are both of my Vaders ( ESB/ ROTJ), and both mannequins were purchased on Ebay for around $200 each plus shipping. I didnt go over $350 and with a bit padding for the muscles and a few pieces of soft foam on top of the head to give it an extra inch or two of hight, I got amazingly satisfying results. I didnt have to spen 2K on a mannequin. I just made sure the overall hight was 6'5" and that it was skinny built. I looked for athletic type mannequins. I'm sure if you were willing to spend at least $400 to $500 you could find even better ones.

View attachment 675649

I did the same thing on my first Vader. $130 mannequin, $10 for Gorilla tape and about $20 worth of Foam rubber. David Prowse Mannequin, Priceless.

I would not mind spending a little more for an exact Prowse that is articulated but I just always think of all the other props I can buy with the extra money.

Also do not use bubble wrap. It will go flat over time. Foam rubber never will.

I may have missed it but I don't see any discussion on the quality, feel, etc of the actual costume.

Are the chest bars, belt box nobs, and tidbits metal or plastic?

How does the life support system look and feel in person?? In some shots they look great and in some they look like cheap plastic.

I know taking pictures of anything black, Vader related is tricky. I have found, based in suggestions here on rpf, the trick about standing about 8' back and zooming in makes a huge difference on Star Wars helmets, etc.

How about the cod. How does it compare to Artisan's who I believe is widely considered to make the best?

Any chance of some better pics????

You can never have too many pics???

Can one of you put on the suit, or at least a sleeve to see how the gloves look on the arm???

How do the capes feel? Are they heavy, or flimsy??

Are they lined???

The armor on the Anovos page looks terrible. The shoulder belles look wrong, to thin, etc. But the pics I have seen here make the armor look a lot better. Do the shoulder bells look right, do they fit flush, is it cormfortable to wear?? How is the paint??

Sorry to ask so much, I am just anxious to see how this came out. May jump on the second run.

Sorry again.

Thanks

To answer these questions, the first full container of Vader helmets were sent to both stand alone and full constume ensembles. We have another container that is awaiting another batch of hundreds of helmets to fill it starting its trip soon. Rest assured, we will have more than enough and even some inventory to not only meet all orders here but some to sell hopefully in a couple months.

That's so exciting! Just from a standpoint to see high end replicas being readily available that are licensed!

This looks really great. Finding the right manny has been a journey.

Are you happy with the articulation of this manny? Do the arms and hands/fingers allow you multiple poses?

Did you supply the boots?

thanks for posting!

for those looking for a vader mannequin, i got mine from Portumac, i think it was about $2k, and he also made that custom base for me as well.
It was all made in fiberglass and its prowse sized, not just tall but beefy. i think with the base its a bit over 7 feet tall.

http://i64.tinypic.com/9g8yhd.jpg
http://i66.tinypic.com/2rf7w39.jpg

Hot Diggity! Shipping notice for the Vader Mantle and Life Systems accessories arriving thursday.
Now if I could just figure out how to attach my existing cape I might just be able to salvage Halloween.

OMG! I can't believe it! I just got the shipping notice for my Darth Vader helmet!!! It'll be here Monday. We need "dances with joy", & a "tears of joy" emoji's.
It ain't here yet, but it looks like ANOVOS is the winner of my race between them, eFX, & RS PropMasters.

Sorry, as I'm sure this has been covered to death...

Anovos says this is the ESB Vader...does someone have a source for all the specific differences between the ANH, ESB and ROTJ Vaders?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back