ANOVOS Darth Vader

Thanks for the pictures! You got a great Vader helmet collection!

Thanks man. I'd like to have one from each movie..... & I just realized that I missed one in my collection. I'll need to add photos of my melted Vader by MasteEdi tomorrow.

Last edited:
The accuracy of the efx depends on what is important to you. The shape is good. The painting isn't very accurate compared to the weathered ANH helmet. The weight is much less which may be good or bad.

The Anovos helmet started out as a melding of features from ANH, ESB, and ROTJ. Later they changed the description to only refer to ESB. It appears more like an ESB helmet, but probably isn't as specific as some replicas.

The Anovos is a very good value for a fiberglass helmet. The efx is a very good value for a low priced accurately shaped ANH helmet, but it is plastic.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

The eFX PCR helmet is very nice. I have the limited -apology- helmet (it's actually at a friends house currently), & as far as wearing occasionally, you'll want to add some padding if you plan on wearing it for more than a few minutes. Thankfully it is light weight, because if it had any more weight the sharp plastic edges (especially around the bridge of the nose area) would dig in to the point of being unwearable. Right now, after a short time, it's just uncomfortable (for me at least). As far as displaying goes, it's beautiful. I also have the eFX limited fiberglass Vader helmet (way more comfortable to wear). As far as appearance goes, from a few feet away, they're almost identical. The PCR is slightly larger & way more shiny.
As far as the ANOVOS Vader helmet goes.... I really like it! It's fiberglass, it's comfortable, & - even though it's not 100% screen accurate (but the eFX isn't either) - I think it's beautiful. I had to wait forever & a day for it, but I got it at the first tier price, so I'm very happy with it. Plus, the ESB Vader helmet is my favorite. One day I hope to own a Quasimodo ESB.
I finally have a day off, & I plan on taking photos of my Vader helmets today. I'll post them later.

Thank you for the helpful information, I appreciate it. Just got word from Anovos(via chat) I should be getting my Vader helmet in December. :thumbsup

Love (most of) those Vaders!

But I just can't get behind that Sith design: neck's too long, flat lenses, neck grill too big. I know yours is screen accurate, I just wasn't a fan of the rework.

Nice collection thanks for sharing. Well presented to compare differences among them. My Vader helmet collection spans 36 years. They're like tattoos in that they remind me of the particular time in my life when I got them. And I've kept all of them!

I think if it turned out Vader's helmet was made of chocolate TFA version is how it would looked melted. I was really looking forward to seeing the melted Vader and I wanted to cry when I saw it. But it's cool for people who like it.

If you're on the fence about ordering one, they jump up to $650 on November 29th -- got the Anovos email this morning. I'm glad I already ordered; I would not have done so at $650.

You'd think by now Anovos would have photos of the actual production helmet rather the prototype. I wouldn't order the helmet on that reason alone - especially knowing they've already shipped some of these helmets.

It is odd not to update the site with production pieces, but there are some "real" photos in this thread of a couple of helmets. I feel confident that I'll like it.

What do people think of the mouth area on the Anovos helmet? It looks a little too narrow to me.

If you're on the fence about ordering one, they jump up to $650 on November 29th -- got the Anovos email this morning. I'm glad I already ordered; I would not have done so at $650.
Do you have specific concerns about the Anovos helmet or is that more of a general limit for Vader helmets regardless of quality?

It comes down to price for me. I passed on the eFX fiberglass Vader because I wasn't willing to spend $900(?) on a helmet, no matter how good it looked. I'm glad they came out with a cheaper alternative.

I would have been ecstatic if this Anovos Vader were from ANH -- my favorite Vader design. This will probably be the last Vader I buy. And if future Anovos helmets are $600+ going forward, it's probably the last helmet I'll be buying from them as well.

Ok...we got trouble :behave

I picked up a 6'5" "body builder size" manny for my new 1:1 Vader statue using the ANOVOS kit. I ordered the XXL size in the hopes that it would be really big.

Well, I'm 6'2" and 185lbs with an athletic build and it fits me just about right. There is NO WAY it will ever fit this manny. :cry

Maybe guys who have a 1:1 statue have an under-suit that's all cut up and just pieced on?

Not sure what to do...

Might have to look at Custom Props on eBay. They will produce a suit (1,2 or 3 piece) to your specific measurements. Where did you buy your mannequin?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back