The TERMINATOR M1 skull build

The Terminator

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is something I have been working on for a while. Bought this ORIGINAL M1 kit over a year ago. Only recently bought a dremel so I might actually get some work done. Working only with an X-acto knife required a bit too much blood for my taste ;)

This is what I started out with:
M1-1.jpg
and this is what it looks like today:
M1-2.jpgM1-3.jpg
I plan on removing the teeth and replacing them with nice acrylic teeth. Fixing a dimmer for the LED eyes(no idea how to do that, yet. Damn it, I'm a graphics artist, not an engineer) :p
Paint wise I'll go for an alclad chrome look. I'm confident I can make it look fairly okay after having watched this amazing video, more than a few times: https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/t...utorial-metallic-painting-stan-winston-school

I'm taking it very slow, so don't expect to see this finished any time soon. I learn as I go. :)
The only issue I have run into so far that I have no idea how to even approach is this:
howtofixside.jpg
How to attach the gears on the side of the Terminator endo skull.

I'LL BE BACK

Last edited:
I so want one of these.

If you get the chance... don't hesitate, buy one ;) I plan on getting rid of the existing teeth and replacing them with new ones.
I just think it is a damn shame no one can do a decent licensed(or unlicensed for that matter) endo skull. Would love to have like ten of them, basically finished and ready to be painted just to try a few different looks :D

Wow that brings back memories, I also bought this kit a very...very long time ago,
I never finished the model, because most and best chrome paints won't dry properly on the vinyl,

so be sure to do some tests, before painting, on some scraps !

Wow that brings back memories, I also bought this kit a very...very long time ago,
I never finished the model, because most and best chrome paints won't dry properly on the vinyl,

so be sure to do some tests, before painting, on some scraps !

No need really. Other people have done it already with what I'll be using, Alclad ;)
But I'll be doing all sorts of test, that's for sure.

Maybe I'll have to dig the kit out of some old boxes :)
and keep an eye on this thread, if your Alclad paint job works.

I searched for a long time for the perfect chrome paint, and the Tamiya was the only paint that would hold on the vinyl,
but that was maybe 20 years ago :)

:facepalm
NO idea what you guys have been smoking :wacko

Lol I think everyone Is just having a joke after you were asked so many times if you were selling them and what not by cavx. Lol it was pretty funny. ;)

Im really looking forward to how this turns out. I had one of these years ago and regret getting rid of it. Didn't realize what I had at the time.

Ben

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back