Mysterio Cosplay 2014

Very cool ideas here. I'll have to remember that mirror trick... I've seen that spray before and never knew you could see through it in small doses.

One suggestion, if you are to ever tweak this... have you considered flipping one of the eye images (horizontally) so it is the mirror image of the other?

This has been most useful

I'm starting my Mysterio build once I've done my Ironman (the triathlon, not the armour) in July.

I'd already ordered the Krylon spray to test, so good to know it'll work

May I ask what solution you're using for the 'oxygen-issue' ?
For example,if you chose to drill holes for airflow,what size and frequency (spaced out over the surface) would they have?

It was a little warm inside. I mounted a computer fan in the back. Used a toggle switch and spliced it with a 9v and wired it to the fan. Perodically I had to take it off too cool down. If I would guess probably about every hour to an hour an half.

@stofdaddy:
When relying on holes for air,what size do they need to be and how many for sufficient airflow?

Last edited by a moderator:
No holes were drilled. It was solid all the way around. uploadfromtaptalk1410826248465.jpguploadfromtaptalk1410826275582.jpg
@stofdaddy:
When relying on holes for air,what size do they need to be and how many for sufficient airflow?

Last edited by a moderator:
What size acrylic globe did you choose from Amazon? I figure the 14 inch but I hate to buy one without knowing for sure that it's the right size.

Hey scubadave 135,

Here is the globe that i purchased. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...n. Neckless Opening - American 3202-14020-003
Hope this helps!

- - - Updated - - -

The mirror paint is sprayed on the inside of the dome, right?

Really nice job, BTW!

Thanks ahoudini! No the paint is on the outside. I did not paint anything on the inside. With lack of ventilation, it could be harmful trying to breath if you have spray paint on inside. Especially if it's like 90 degrees outside or in a convention center. I does get fairly warm in the helmet.

Thanks! I am going to say that it would be fine with proper curing of the paint prior to wearing, but, as I never finish a costume well in advance of the event, I understand your decision! Great work!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back