Iracel's "Screen Printed" Spiderman Costume

Hey! Sorry for not posting. My dog is having issues. Anywhootie and the blowfish, as I said, forget this costume. xD jk. It's just bad. For some reason I can't get the webs like I did at first, and now it all just looks bad. Especially the mask. I know what I'm doing now with this entirely new method so my next costume (A glow in the dark symbiote build) will be much more clean. So, I have pictures of the mask. Let me know what you think. :/ Puff paint generally stays uniform once you apply it, but this stuff will spread everywhere, so it's harder to get clean, thick lines. At least when applying it by hand. Oh, and no faceshell, of course. :p

F5IvnrY.jpg

kGp6jqH.jpg

arrmu00.jpg

And ill clean up the frames later in the detail portion of the costume, of course.

BIG UPDATE

I'm doing something pretty radical. While refraining from all the money I've wasted, I've decided to completely scrap the top of the suit. It's too messed up and has too many wrinkles. The U zipper is bugging me and I feel that I would regret it if I didn't redo it. So, Im saving the legs, the boots, and the gloves (Ill have to cut those from this torso and sew them onto the new one. The new torso will fit me better and be a pull over, where it will hook to the pants. This way it will look smoother and I'll get a clean slate. I'm also totally scrapping the red hexagons i think. Or at least make them subtle/flat. And to make the red deeper and richer. This change will drastically change the costume towards the ASM2 style, but I think its the way to go. Also, the back spider will glow in the dark, but more on that later. :D

Here are pictures of the costume as it stands now

FkvdIiD.jpg

WsWojim.jpg

I don't like it. Also, my head looks really big. Weird angles there.

And here is the new fabric color(right) and the old(left). And a look at the beginning of the boot.

fvi29gD.jpg

So, be prepared. :eek:

Cool suit , two thumbs up :)

May I ask about back spider, Did you use tulip for paint ? Thx

The back spider is made with my own concoction of ink, additive, and medium. somewhat a hush hush type deal.

So, the reboot of the costume is taking place. Of course constant mistakes are made. I accidentally destroyed the plastic for the lenses I think (They covered in house paint that I dont think I can get off. They've been soaking for a day in hydrogen peroxide as of now in an attempt to loosen up the paint. The webs are looking a bit rough, which may not be a bad thing for this darker, more realistic homemade spiderman. I'll let you be the judge.

eZK1gme.jpg

360264z.jpg

FpNgDFP.jpg

That picture of the mask is not fully dry, but you may notice that the front is very shiny. I re-purposed an old zentai spiderman mask for this costume. It doesn't have a zipper on the back but that's okay because the whole mask won't be embroidered like in the past, there's just webs. That means it can really stretch more. Of course, what's nice about the opther costumes is that the puff paint made the mask not as form fitting, so my nose and mouth weren't super visible through the fabric. This mask isn't like that, so they would be. To fix that, I just layered the front part with acrylic paint until it was stiff. Then I glued scrap fabric onto the front and am currently placing webs over it to cover the edges. The result so far is this.

i2N4mIk.jpg

l5EekIK.jpg

So, that's where I'm at now on that. I've cut out leather shapes for the gloves and have repainted the frames. I've also received my kung fu slippers and painted the soles, but I'll have pics of those later. And my glow in the dark red powder came in, which I will definitely use on the back spider. I'm also thinking of using them on the finger tips too, just because. I'm excited for that. :D

Thanks for looking.

So, I'm currently in the process of making a new top and hood. See, this convention is in a little less than three weeks, so it's definitely crunch time. My summer job ends on friday of next week and I have a lot of homework to do, but I'm pretty sure I can pull this off. After the con I'll probably continue to make little fixes and such. For example, the boots. I ended up wasting a few dollars on kung fu shoes that I totally didn't use cuz they were not comfortable in the least. Instead, I used my old aqua shoes from my amazing+superior+edgeoftime costume. I definitely don't have time to make new boots, but after this convention I will. I really want to use some type of track shoe, but didn't want to pay too much for it. Of course, I would've had plenty of money to put towards a good shoe if I hadn't messed up so much on everything else. D: But we don't think about that.

Here's what the soles I intended to use looked like
dWZ36Cc.jpg

But this is what I went with instead
DKX5kF3.jpg

Also, I've been messing around with glow in the dark stuff alot, and after quite a bit of exploration and experimentation, I've landed on a color that I like for the back spider. Its fluorescent, phosphorescent, iridescent, and glossy. xD Maybe it's overkill but my favorite part of a spiderman costume is making the back spider.
drwW9WR.jpg

It's a bit more red in real life.

I also bought a manequinn head online, which should help me immensely.

Good work man that fingerprint thing happened to my lense after handling it so much but I repainted it and left If for longer and here's my thread On domed lenses

I guess not

I ended up finishing the costume and going to a convention this weekend. Here are a few pics that I have cuz either I took them myself or they came up online. Ill post more here as they start to surface.

pWrSlyC.jpg

DbKj04i.jpg

WHP2vuz.jpg

Just incase anyone wants to know, its a top that clips onto the pants. On my left in the mirror picture, you can see that I added a pocket. It doesn't always look like that, I just pulled my phone out. You can barely see the impression of my phone in the costume, so it's pretty nifty. The lenses just wouldn't be symmetrical, no matter how hard I tried... I didn't exactly finish, but was very close to it. I'm open to answer almost any questions if you ask me.

Last edited:
I ended up finishing the costume and going to a convention this weekend. Here are a few pics that I have cuz either I took them myself or they came up online. Ill post more here as they start to surface.

http://i.imgur.com/pWrSlyC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DbKj04i.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WHP2vuz.jpg

Just incase anyone wants to know, its a top that clips onto the pants. On my left in the mirror picture, you can see that I added a pocket. It doesn't always look like that, I just pulled my phone out. You can barely see the impression of my phone in the costume, so it's pretty nifty. The lenses just wouldn't be symmetrical, no matter how hard I tried... I didn't exactly finish, but was very close to it. I'm open to answer almost any questions if you ask me.

Can you show us some more pics of the connection between the shirt and pants, and some of the pocket? Thanks!

Re: Iracel's "Screen Printed" Spiderman Costume

dude, sorry for not being patient, that looks freaking AMAZING! (no pun intended :))

have you ever thought about doing a spiderman fan film?

- - - Updated - - -

how do you get the weblines so good, without any template?

http://i.imgur.com/pWrSlyC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DbKj04i.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WHP2vuz.jpg

wow! i like the suit design! tasm 1 and 2 combo

Can you show us some more pics of the connection between the shirt and pants, and some of the pocket? Thanks!

Sure. Here you can see that its just hooks and eyes.

Oovt0ag.jpg

ZU9uM9C.jpg

What I'm about to do is just add zippers like in ASM2, where theyre around the sides and up the back. Have to be pretty flexible to get in it but I think I can pull it off.

dude, sorry for not being patient, that looks freaking AMAZING! (no pun intended :))

have you ever thought about doing a spiderman fan film?

- - - Updated - - -

how do you get the weblines so good, without any template?

How did you trace the weblines before painting them? Any specific technique? Chalk or pencil or something?

I just used a washable marker and drew it out. Then it's just all freehand from there. Making sure that the bottle isn't clogged up or anything.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back