The Ultimate X-Wing Pilot Thread

I'm working on my leg flares following FETTCLONE's tutorial and it is working out well. The best thing I have found to cut the CO2 cartridges has been a cutting wheel on the dremel. Hack saw just wasn't doing all that great of a job. Just know that when cutting with the Dremel, that cartridge will get HOT.

Another dremel tip... the buffing attachments do a nice job of removing the black lettering on the CO2 cartridge. Much easier to buff it off than having to use finger nail polish remover.

I thought the hacksaw might be a little rough on the cut, but mentioned it anyway because not everyone has access to a Dremel. :( When I took off the lettering I had no Dremel myself but it didn't take much work at all, only a light rub with a cloth. Maybe just a difference in inks used? Good tip on the buffing wheel, too. Timesavers are always good.

I'm glad to hear that it's working out for you, RM. :) I'd love to see pics of yours when it's done. So would everyone else, I'm sure. Keep us posted.

Hey Guys,

What is the screen accurate finish for the clasps - nickel or brass?

clasps.jpg

Thanks

:)

Originally posted by GeneralMayhem@Feb 1 2006, 03:05 PM
Anyone have a definite I.D. on the flak vest material.  It looks like a ballistic nylon to me, but what denier is the original?
[snapback]1173714[/snapback]​

Forgive me, I'm absolutely not trying to sound like a smart***, but is that a typo or a real word? I've honestly never heard that word before.

Last edited by a moderator:
The word refers to the number of threads per inch.

EDIT:

Definition: A unit of weight expressing the size or coarseness of a natural or synthetic fiber or yarn. The weight in grams of 9000 meters of a fiber or yarn; the lower the denier, the finer the yarn.

1 denier = wt. in g/9000 m = 1/9 tex
Used for continuous filaments.

~ GM

I just got one of Mr. Bojangles' chest box kits. . . excellent quality. And great customer service to boot. I'd be happy to recommend his products to anyone wanting a well-constructed, great looking addition to their X-Wing pilot costume.
Eric

For gloves, check your phone book for a leather goods store that sells to bikers (of the Harley variety).

I did purchase a pair of these ($20 plus some for shipping is a hard price to pass up). But once I got them, I'm not entirely happy with them. I'm not sure that they flare out on the forearms all that much. Just seems like they are still a little snug to the forearm.

Originally posted by reaper63@Feb 8 2006, 03:18 AM
these are the gloves I've been recommending to people, and you really can't beat the price.

$20 lol

http://www.leathermystics.com/gauntlets/gauntlets.html

it's included in the Echo Base tutorials
[snapback]1178624[/snapback]​

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back