Han ANH hero - site and antenna

Originally posted by moffeaton@Feb 22 2006, 06:25 AM
Looks sweet, Gabe.

Looks like my graphics will be inside your scope, heeee.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW... That sounds... obscenely graphic... :lol

John: thanks, mate. Well, without a clear frontal shot of either the ANH or Sitting Target brackets, I had to rely on the grainy, high-contrast, shadow-ridden perspective shots, and through trial and error matched up the points in the CAD model, like in these comparisons, three of over a dozen made throughout the project:

sitting_target_cad_compare.JPG

T-bracket_rail_fillet.JPG

RHS_compare.JPG

Doing all those iterations until I was confident enough to persuade MR it was right was a pain in the royal ass, but I loved every minute of it. :D

- Gabe

Jason, the scope design was actually outside the... um... yeah: scope... of my contract. :p

But when called to assist with dimensions and reference photos, it was members of the RPF who own real HW scopes or first generation recasts, like Sergio, Lordsandy, and others who stepped up.

With so many RPFers involved lately in MR's projects, it really *IS* the People's Prop Replica Company (and that's NOT an allusion to the fact that it's all made in the People's Republic of China :lol)

- Gabe

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back