Han ANH Droid Caller Question

Media Man

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm just wondering if this picture of Han's droid caller from ANH found on partsodsw.com is the screen used one? I'm looking for clear reference for accurate weathering.
H1DCall.jpg

You will also need that extra screw part for underneath, which sometimes can be found with vintage flashes to attach to 35mm cameras for film :

KoboldScrew.jpg

Here's a picture of a replica screw part what to look for ... perhaps a WTB will result in acquiring one before you have to learn how to work a lathe :

Kobold Screw.jpg

Just a word of caution when attaching that screw onto your Kobold flash ... the screw-thread inside your Kobold is not deep enough to tighten that screw all the way in, as seen on the actual prop ... so either you have to drill more room inside your precious vintage Kobold flash or remove some material from the thread on that screw part to make it work :)

Chaïm

You will also need that extra screw part for underneath, which sometimes can be found with vintage flashes to attach to 35mm cameras for film :

View attachment 1794953

Here's a picture of a replica screw part what to look for ... perhaps a WTB will result in acquiring one before you have to learn how to work a lathe :

View attachment 1794954

Just a word of caution when attaching that screw onto your Kobold flash ... the screw-thread inside your Kobold is not deep enough to tighten that screw all the way in, as seen on the actual prop ... so either you have to drill more room inside your precious vintage Kobold flash or remove some material from the thread on that screw part to make it work :)

Chaïm
Thank you for the insight! I'm actually using a Dark Energy Creations replica flash for this build but now that I know where to find the bottom disk maybe will add it to the replica. Thanks again, I'll make sure to show it off when I finish. I figured out a way to add the Kobold engraving onto the replica flash which I'm very satisfied with!

Take a look at Jimsiss Lightsaber build ... he may have collected that Camera Screw Mount in that stash of flash parts ;)

IMG_4319.jpeg

(Picture courtesy Jimssis)

The larger camera screw mount (on the left) has the wrong knurling yet does look the part ... the other two may be to thick in size (?)

Chaïm

Last edited:
Take a look at Jimsiss Lightsaber build ... he may have collected that Camera Screw Mount in that stash of flash parts ;)

View attachment 1795323
(Picture courtesy Jimssis)

The larger camera screw mount (on the left) has the wrong knurling yet does look the part ... the other two may be to thick in size (?)

Chaïm
Nice! They looks pretty close to me!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back