Captain America ebay stealth suit?

So maybe unless you're shaped like a Dorito, its unlikely you'll get that V look. But how are you guys padding the shoulders to give that super broad look?

AFA I can tell, the padding on the movie stealth suit is a rigid cup-shape that surrounds the shoulder, whereas on the AoU suit it's a simpler rigid padding that goes right underneath the Avengers logo, sewn in under the leather accent in the same round-ish shape. I haven't received my AoU suit from CosplaySky yet, my preliminary plan is to add a thin layer of foam in a similar fashion to enhance the shoulders.

Just a heads up, CosplaySky's AoU Cap suit is now up for sale. I ordered one today, will get a thread going after it arrives in a couple weeks. I can already tell the gloves will need a lot of work. I have kingsley's leather harness and belt so won't be needing the CosplaySky pleather ones.
http://cosplaysky.com/avengers-age-...ve-rogers-uniform-outfit-cosplay-costume.html

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f25/rcokeng/cosplaysky1.png

Can you update on the quality of the suit when you get it. I've been thinking about getting a captain America aou suit.

Just a heads up, CosplaySky's AoU Cap suit is now up for sale. I ordered one today, will get a thread going after it arrives in a couple weeks. I can already tell the gloves will need a lot of work. I have kingsley's leather harness and belt so won't be needing the CosplaySky pleather ones.
http://cosplaysky.com/avengers-age-...ve-rogers-uniform-outfit-cosplay-costume.html

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f25/rcokeng/cosplaysky1.png
Could you let us know about the... Performance ability of the suit as well? Like, say... Could one do a Tornado Kick in it and not worry about it ripping or tearing? [emoji4]

How do you guys prevent the short jacket from riding up when you bend (this revealing skin)? I've heard of people using hooks and snaps, but some pics would really help. Does it in any way impede mobility?

Here's my Cosplaysky Stealth suit. I bought it through the website, opted for an XL but provided my measurements as well. Out of the box, the fit was great, no further alteration required. I made my own stripes out of craft foam and glued those over the originals. To give the broad shoulders look, I made and used foam inserts. Not much can be done to create the V-cut look, but hey, I'm more of a Cheese Puffs guy rather than Doritos anyway. :p I also opted for none of the pleather parts, and instead got the set from Galaxyfabric. I think the combination works well.
rps20150607_012227.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm new! :waves:

I'm going to put together a stealth suit Cap cosplay for sometime next year, and this thread has been invaluable. Bookmarked cosplaysky and galaxyfabric for the Base costume & accessories -- thanks so much to everyone who took pictures and provided reviews. Very helpful! I think I might do a helmet from Maulfett as well.

The last piece I'm trying to strategize is a suitable upgrade for the stripes (maybe also the star, since I'll want them to match.) What has everyone else done? I really want the beveling to be correct.

I'm going to be experimenting with foam construction and coating on a different costume build, so I might try that first. Or maybe craft rubber pieces, and carve / sculpt in the detailing?

But was just curious if anyone was already doing some highly accurate plastic casts, or something along those lines.

I've got a ton of time and won't even be ordering the base suit for a while, just brainstorming ideas. Thanks!

Attachments

• cap-stripes.png
    cap-stripes.png
    235.7 KB · Views: 133
A member here offered in the past urethane pieces, but has since sold his molds. There should be a new run at some point, just don't know when

Would you be willing to share your approx measurements kalkamel? I'm in between two cosplaysky sizes. Nice work on the stripes!

Cheers from Flagstaff,
JJ

Hey all, for those of you who are interested in and have not yet purchased the CosplaySky Cap stealth suit, just a heads up that it goes on sale this Monday (4/18/2016). The price drop is from $279 to $199. Plus, if you use a discount code, you can get an additional 10% off (look for discount codes on retailmenot). :) http://cosplaysky.com/eighth-anniversary-sales-event

I might be purchasing the stealth suit in the female sizing, but I'm not sure with the measurements. I'm tall (5'7) and slim build, so I'm concerned with the waist flaring out or the sleeves & pants being too short. Not sure if I should order the small or medium. Has anyone with a slim build had any issues with the set sizing? Is it worth it to go custom sizing? Thank you!

((*If you're more interested in the AoU cap suit, it goes on sale on 4/30/16))

Last edited:
Kalkamel was kind enough to PM me his measurements, so I pulled the trigger on my Cosplaysky Stealth suit purchase (just before the big sale was announced, sigh).

I purchased an off the rack XL.

It is a pretty good fit for me out of the bag, and suffers from everything you’ve heard here. Jacket sleeves have no give under the arms; the jacket rises far up my abdomen with every arm raise.

For reference, my usual clothing measurements:
17.5 inch neck; 35 inch sleeve; 48 inch chest; 38 inch waist; 32 inch inseam

The XL Cosplaysky suit’s measurements:

Armpit to armpit, laying flat: 23 1/2 inches across
Neck seam (below the priest’s collar) to the jacket bottom: 23 inches long
Bottom of the jacket, laying flat: 24 inches across
Top corner shoulder seam to shoulder seam, laying flat: 19 1/2 inches across
Outside of sleeve, shoulder seam to sleeve cuff edge: 25 1/4 inches
Inside of sleeve, armpit seam to sleeve cuff edge: 18 1/2 inches
Jacket side, armpit seam to jacket bottom: 13 3/4 inches

Pant waist, laying flat: 19 inches across
Pant inseam: 30 inches
Pant length, outside seam, waist to cuff: 42 1/2 inches long
Note: Pants an elastic gather on the waistband sides to give a little

Glove thumb crease to opposite palm edge, laying flat: 5 inches across
Glove cuff to ring finger sleeve tip, laying flat: 8 inches long
Glove wrist with velcro tab matched, laying flat: 4 3/4 inches across
Note: Gloves did not afford hand motion without pinching/straining and are awkward enough, I am already seeking an alternative.

Utility belt (buckled) length: 44 3/4 inches long
Note: Belt has no mechanism to adjust length

My chest star has some manufacturing flaws, but I’ll write those off as “battle damage”.

I have ripped the armpit seams (below from stripe to stripe) to see if that will allow enough arm raising “give” (to rack my shield without exposing my abdomen). Hemming and testing them this weekend. I may need to cut the bottom most stripes (and their hidden shoulder seam), as well, and use elastic to help rejoin their lines when my arms fall back to my sides.

IMG_1026.jpgIMG_0820.jpegIMG_0821.jpegIMG_0824.jpegIMG_0826.jpegIMG_0827.jpegIMG_0828.jpegIMG_0832.jpegIMG_0834.jpegIMG_0818.jpeg

I should mention, I am very pleased with the Cosplaysky stealth suit craftsmanship, the fabric quality, color, texture, and weight, the attention to (most) detail, the fine sewing work, and the overall fit and finish. The metal fixtures were very nice quality, although the finish is different on all four (belt buckle, shoulder buckles, star, back star). In a perfect world, the gloves would be designed for human hands, and the pleather belt and harness straps would be a bit heavier weight (but I was not expecting either). All in all, a fantastic base suit, and well worth the money (although the new sale price would have been a nicety). I would not be hesitant to purchase another suit from them, but it will be a while (penny-wise).

Sorry to necro-bump this thread but I have the Cosplaysky stealth suit and am looking to do alterations to it this week to wear at a local convention on the 27th.

To those who have worn/altered this suit (or any of the similarly made Captain America Cosplaysky costumes) did removing the liner to the jacket/pants help to make the costume better? More or less comfortable?

Just looking for some advice before I start cutting/sewing.

Thanks.

Sorry to necro-bump this thread but I have the Cosplaysky stealth suit and am looking to do alterations to it this week to wear at a local convention on the 27th.

To those who have worn/altered this suit (or any of the similarly made Captain America Cosplaysky costumes) did removing the liner to the jacket/pants help to make the costume better? More or less comfortable?

Just looking for some advice before I start cutting/sewing.

Thanks.

I have a cosplaysky AOU suit but never dove way into modifying it before moving on to my Civil War suit. I know some have done just what you're talking about regarding removing the liner. I'm sure it would make it more comfortable from a temperature and mobility perspective, provided you're wearing some sort of base layer underneath to keep the seams from rubbing against your skin. If you're on facebook, check out the group "Build A Better Captain America", it's big thing upon starting was modding an AOU Cosplaysky suit for better mobility (putting arms on undershirt, padding shoulders out, correcting color issues, etc.). Search for "liner" within the group and you should find some good resources.

Cosplaysky suits are good for a foundation suit i started with one of them and it takes a huge amount of mods to get them right, they are extremely restrictive in the shoulders and there designed like a jackets that u put on backwards. It would require cutting the arms off and attaching them to an under shirt and then turing the rest of the jacket into a vest. Complicated if you dont know much about sewing like me lol In the end i just sold mine and went for a suit from a company called Leather fashion valley. I cant fault them at all.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back