D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

If I remember correctly, it was when he was talking to Jessie just before trying to do his best impression of a crash test dummy.

Aha, my memory has been kickstarted, thanks. I took the way he said that to be that he was just eager to have powers ie. "I have a dream" style, not that he'd actually had dreams. It could be that definitely and that it perhaps wasn't obvious - I would have thought if it was a story point that we would have witnessed it so that it was clear.

Ok, saw the episode. problem with reading descriptions online before actually seeing things is sometimes they leave details out.

I take it back. not a retcon.

Aha, my memory has been kickstarted, thanks. I took the way he said that to be that he was just eager to have powers ie. "I have a dream" style, not that he'd actually had dreams. It could be that definitely and that it perhaps wasn't obvious - I would have thought if it was a story point that we would have witnessed it so that it was clear.

I don't think it was want to be obvious. Maybe we will see him having dreams later, but in this case it's just a small allusion to what will eventually happen.

I very much enjoyed this episode the most so far this season. I at times feel the Well's character binds this show (of course they all have good chemistry together). It's nice to see Barry maturing I just hope they don't rush it to much. I mean he did just mess with the timeline so we can't expect him to be to perfect just yet. The only thing that bothers me and it's small. But Jay knew that Barry was messing with the timeline however Earth2 was unaffected according to Wells. little plot hole not major but still. Also love Well's and his "Not".

I very much enjoyed this episode the most so far this season. I at times feel the Well's character binds this show (of course they all have good chemistry together). It's nice to see Barry maturing I just hope they don't rush it to much. I mean he did just mess with the timeline so we can't expect him to be to perfect just yet. The only thing that bothers me and it's small. But Jay knew that Barry was messing with the timeline however Earth2 was unaffected according to Wells. little plot hole not major but still. Also love Well's and his "Not".

the thing that b others me, didn't the exact opposite happen with Jay Flash?

He had changes to his being in Earth Prime. why wouldn't Wells be the same way?

Jay specifically said that after he found out that he was Papa Allen's doppleganger that he decided to keep an eye on Barry. Presumably he noted the changes in the Earth 1 timeline and, having made the same mistakes himself, decided to intervene. His Earth wasn't affected by Barry's time travel. It was affected by his own. He decided to stop Barry from completely screwing over his own universe.

As I recall, didn't Barry 1 NOT tell Jay he was a doppelganger?

But when he came back to alternate time line 3, suddenly Jay knew, because I thought Jay said Barry told him he was his fathers doppleganger? The Events happened more or less the same in AT 3 as they did in Timeline 1, except this time Barry apparently Told Jay.

So, in a sense, Jay DID have some of his time line changed.

I normally follow these things easily, but this is getting confusing even for me.

just like Dragonball Super Dealing with apparently FOUR Alternate Timelines and FUTURE Alternate time lines.

As I recall, didn't Barry 1 NOT tell Jay he was a doppelganger?

But when he came back to alternate time line 3, suddenly Jay knew, because I thought Jay said Barry told him he was his fathers doppleganger? The Events happened more or less the same in AT 3 as they did in Timeline 1, except this time Barry apparently Told Jay.

So, in a sense, Jay DID have some of his time line changed.

I normally follow these things easily, but this is getting confusing even for me.

just like Dragonball Super Dealing with apparently FOUR Alternate Timelines and FUTURE Alternate time lines.

No, Jay said that it t was either Joe or Wells that told him before he went home. I guess it must've been Wells after Jay dropped him and Jessie off on Earth 2.

@NeilT and The Mad Professor you are both right. That is why I even hated saying anything because it is knit picky but it is showing that even the producers are having a little trouble with their rules. Again last nights episode was the best yet in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I look at it like this. Each universe is a house on a block. What goes on inside one house has zero effect on what happens to other houses. Even if you completely remodel the interior of your house, that remodel has no actual effect on the interiors of the other houses. Now, someone looking for it can see that changes are being made to the inside of a house even if it doesn't affect their own house, and someone in the know can stop you and say "Hey, you might want to keep that thing there so your house doesn't fall down around your ears." That is what Jay is doing. He's the concerned neighbor trying to keep Barry from destroying his own home.

I was kind of hoping b arry altering history would bring the REAL Earth one harry back. but, i've grown to like Earth 2's harry and it's always sad to see him go.
Plus, Jesse adds to this shows choosing of perfect looking women down to the core.my god.

I agree with Earth two. HR is not trustworthy looking, and it's not just his mannerisms ;o)

Solid episode but essentially filler - some great comedy in there though. Sad to see Harry and Jessie go, but looking forward to Tom Cavanagh embodying another Harrison. He must absolutely love what this show allows him to do as an actor.

Mirror Master and Top's motivations not so decent. The effects were good. Jessie's arc not so good but enjoyed her and Wally. Hope they dont string out Snows secret too long, but its nice to see it in the background.

Liked Jesse and liked her helping the fight. That was really exciting. How cool to have all 3 at some point when wally gets his powers.
Liked Snart/fake Snart.
Let down a lot by Mirror Master. I thought from the comics he was a pretty well recognized villain. His power against the flash was pretty strong but his character was not menacing in any way. It just seemed he was waiting to be beaten. Top was ok as a character and enjoyed the dynamic between her and Jesse.

I know Alchemy is one of the main villains this season but it would seem a better crafted mirror master partnered with Alchemy and the other new main villain to come would be a great mountain for Barry and the team to face.

The Barry kissing then climbing on top of Iris felt out of place and uncomfortable for this show. Have to wonder if the network was pressing for this. There are plenty of ways to imply things such as barry being intimate with Iris without him climbing on top of her, just look to the early James Bond movies who did that to perfection.

Not sure why we needed a new version of Wells. If they developed the villains a little better it would go a long way. I understand a character like tar pit does not need a long arc but someone with the power of mirror master it seems should have. His character was just uninteresting besides his power.

That being said I really like this show.

Did anyone here notice in Season 2 the blatant use of size and changing of it to disguise any connection to Fake Jay Garrick as Zoom? Re watching season 2 and in the episode with tar pit. In that episode Wells meets with Zoom and gives him some of Barry's speed. In that scene it look like Zoom is either shorter or equal size with Wells. In other scenes as to when Zoom carries Barry around like a rag doll Zoom is very large. Was this a trick by the writers to hide the identity or just a mix up in editing?

the actor playing mirror master either wasn't very good, or he jst looked uncomfortable down right, playing the part.

agreed, he was pretty lame, so was topps for that matter. they all can't knock it out of the park i guess

I abandoned Arrow last season (or was it before?). Has the timeline changed any over there? It did during Flashpoint, but I imagine Diggle got his "real" kid back after Barry fixed-not-fixed things...

Did anyone here notice in Season 2 the blatant use of size and changing of it to disguise any connection to Fake Jay Garrick as Zoom? Re watching season 2 and in the episode with tar pit. In that episode Wells meets with Zoom and gives him some of Barry's speed. In that scene it look like Zoom is either shorter or equal size with Wells. In other scenes as to when Zoom carries Barry around like a rag doll Zoom is very large. Was this a trick by the writers to hide the identity or just a mix up in editing?

They may have used a stunt double for some of those shots.
If in the shot Zoom is running around carrying Barry that I can tell you is a CG shot. You will have to take size with a grain of salt. The models are not resized but if the placement of the CGI characters in the plate shot are not right it may look a little off.

I abandoned Arrow last season (or was it before?). Has the timeline changed any over there? It did during Flashpoint, but I imagine Diggle got his "real" kid back after Barry fixed-not-fixed things...

Diggle's kid was a she before Barry screwed things up. Now it's a he.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back