D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

I'm not sure on the whole bring Supergirl into the "Arrowverse" They sure have advertised it as it will be one universe ie. Fight Club 2.0 and what not. But we have also seen that what Barry does will effect the other Earth's. Otherwise how did Jay know to stop Barry from doing it again?

I'm not sure on the whole bring Supergirl into the "Arrowverse" They sure have advertised it as it will be one universe ie. Fight Club 2.0 and what not. But we have also seen that what Barry does will effect the other Earth's. Otherwise how did Jay know to stop Barry from doing it again?

I think that was because alternate barry told jay THAT time around in the new timeline, where as the FIRST time around in the original time line he didn't tell him.

The other thing that bothers me about this episode.. are they trying to ret con kid flash getting his powers from the second accelerator explosion at the end of season 2? i'm also guessing Catlin got affected that time as well.

I thought the whole point of putting Supergirl on CW was because this multiverse thing was supposed to merge together after the crisis?

oy...

The point of the move was that it got very good numbers for CW while on CBS. It did not get good enough ratings for CBS to want to keep it. They then transferred it over to CW instead.

Enjoying the new season. Not enjoying the look or voice of Alchemy. His mask looks like a steampunk Foghorn Leghorn and his voice is really unintimidating and used. Maybe was spoiled with Tony Todd's voice for zoom but still feel they could do better. All else was fun though. Let's get to Jesse hope. Already like her without powers this should be good. Hopefully.

The voice of alchemy is actually the same voice as the one who voiced the SAW movies. I thought it was OK, didn't love or loath it.

Looks like Barry's idiocy isn't reserved for the show...

DAMNIT BARRY!!!

tumblr_of3k9uT2lG1rvya9ro1_1280.png

Same as the show, Flash travels back in time again and stop himself from saving his mom. Similarities to the comics are however sparse, the whole Flashpoint arc is much better in the comics IMO, the show never really had a chance to truly do it justice, too many parties involved that are exclusive to the big screen.
The DCEU however could do it, even Snyder could do it, following the comic as a storyboard, like he did Watchmen. That'd be a hell of a movie, with Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Flashpoint Batman, they've got already most of the main cast, they just need an Eobard, and fill the league with a Green Lantern and finally choose a Shazam.

Same as the show, Flash travels back in time again and stop himself from saving his mom. Similarities to the comics are however sparse, the whole Flashpoint arc is much better in the comics IMO, the show never really had a chance to truly do it justice, too many parties involved that are exclusive to the big screen.
The DCEU however could do it, even Snyder could do it, following the comic as a storyboard, like he did Watchmen. That'd be a hell of a movie, with Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Flashpoint Batman, they've got already most of the main cast, they just need an Eobard, and fill the league with a Green Lantern and finally choose a Shazam.

Withered, prisoner Cavill, absolutely ruthless Wonder Woman vs completely headstrong Aquaman, government controlled Cyborg, Martha Wayne becomes the Joker (for anyone that thinks that sounds stupid, it really isn't - Bruce is shot in the Alley, his mother cracks while holding his body and Thomas Wayne becomes a murderous Batman) etc...

I would absolutely love an alternate reality film like that, but can you imagine the backlash from the normal audience. It would be insane. The "darkness" that people perceive in these current DCEU movies is positively lighthearted compared to Flashpoint. haha

I'd love it for nothing more than DCEU Bruce getting a letter delivered by Barry from Thomas at the end. Awesome stuff.

Martha Wayne becomes the Joker (for anyone that thinks that sounds stupid, it really isn't - Bruce is shot in the Alley, his mother cracks while holding his body and Thomas Wayne becomes a murderous Batman)

And Lauren Cohan's got that wide-eyed Joker-esque smile to pull it off.

324fde6c96552aba7993b65b545604de36c3480b86efda56a0.jpg

If they had just kept flashpoint centered around wayne changes, it might have been good. Batman is the only franchise where darkness works well.

instead, if it's anything like the DCU animated movie... it became downright depressing and stupid.
All the heroes where pretty much fighting against each other and it was one of those goofy alternate universe stories where everyone dies. although the problem with that, is that when everyone dies, the shock value of ANYONE dying wears off fast. and it just became this boring slasher fight fest story.

yawn.

the most touching part of the whole thing was flash delivering a note to bruce from his father.

i'd like to see more of that, and less goofiness of wonder woman stabbing aquaman's wife after she has an affair with him for some reason, and starting a world wide war.

So it never went back to even close to normal? Was it an offshoot or somethig? Did they treat it as a parallel universe or something, because all the other series didn't continue infinitely in the alternate descriptions from above.

No no, it did come back to a "normal" timeline, the start of the new 52 line if I'm not mistaken, so like the old timeline, but with quite a few changes, more than in the show I'd say.

If they had just kept flashpoint centered around wayne changes, it might have been good. Batman is the only franchise where darkness works well.

instead, if it's anything like the DCU animated movie... it became downright depressing and stupid.
All the heroes where pretty much fighting against each other and it was one of those goofy alternate universe stories where everyone dies. although the problem with that, is that when everyone dies, the shock value of ANYONE dying wears off fast. and it just became this boring slasher fight fest story.

You obviously missed the point of Flashpoint. It was SUPPOSED to be depressing. What you have is a story about people who, under the best circumstances, would become arguably the greatest team of superheroes in all of comicdom. Instead, because Barry went back to muck with the past and save his mother, that team not only never formed, but some of them never existed (Bruce), some never became heroes (Clark, Hal, Barry) and others became the bitterest of enemies (Arthur and Diana).

The death of everyone may seem overplayed, but here it's appropriate. It had to happen to give a sense of urgency to Barry getting his powers back, defeating Thawne, and stopping himself from altering the timeline in the first place.

In the end, the story is about a measure of closure for primarily Barry and to a lesser extent, Bruce. Barry needed to finally close the book on his mother's death and hit that final stage of grief: Acceptance. For Barry, however, because he is a hero, and one of the greatest heroes, he really needed a lot more than a talking to by his friends and family. Because he's so stubborn and cocky, he needed to see what happens when you change the timeline, much the same way as what happened on the show. At first Barry was happy to just live with his parents alive, then the trouble started and he started forgetting who he was. He had to fix it before he completely forgot that it needed to be fixed in the first place.

On topic, however, it seems that Barry's gonna try a last ditch effort to fix things... in about 40 years. On the previews for Legends of Tomorrow, they show the team getting a message from Barry in 2056 asking for their help because he can't mess things up again.

IMHO, the Point was driven home MUCH better, and on a much more personal and smaller scale on the show than it was in the comic/movie.

the movie just came out as gore fan fiction to me. hardly interesting.
The movie just came off as an excuse for more violent and depressing super hero action that seems tobe so prevelant these days. probably one reason why it didn't seem as personal to barry as it should have been.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back