"Arrow" Season One Build

Re: "Arrow" Season One Build *Pic heavy*

For anything gold that needed painting I went with metallic brass and did brown ink washes to simulate the finish they did on all the brass parts.

The combination of brassy yellow and transparent/oily brown creates a nice bronze-y look up close.

Making progress
[ ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396383949.742359.jpgATTACH]305753[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396383944.088125.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396383944.088125.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 306

Slow progress is still progress!

The Arrow suit is mostly together with a few choice areas left to do (armpits and crotch are a bitch) but I've been putting in some time learning to airbrush and working on my wife's Deathstroke mask.

1975156_4140425604377_38115697_n.jpg

Nice! But actually that's Billy Wintergreen's mask. Not Deathstroke.

It's both of their masks, really.

Both Slade Wilson and Billy Wintergreen wore the same mask, described as their unit's version of a tactical balaclava for covert operations.

Slade drives a sword through Billy's eye while he's wearing his, then dons his own when he attacks the Amazo.

"You know what would make this balaclava more tactical? A rubber "mean face" and bright colors!"

"Arrow" Season One Build *Pic heavy*

Wiped it on with a paper towel, used less than 2 oz, and thus far it is durable enough that I've had to destroy the vinyl to damage the paint job.[/QUOTE]
what color did you use I've been looking at the midnight green

Last edited:

Small update:

Domino mask complete.

I think I'll end up doing another in the future using some things I learned along the way, but I'm pretty pleased with how this one looks.

First mask I've done from sculpt to finish, very exciting!

10178096_4209944342302_4554916456307462591_n.jpg10259897_4184004413820_6307038591000149242_n.jpg10264616_4205863040272_5214850099274811934_n.jpg

what color did you use I've been looking at the midnight green

Missed this, sorry.

I used Midnight green. A thin application does a good job.

- - - Updated - - -

That looks great!!

Thanks!

I think you did a better job on the overall shape of the eye-holes, and the curvature of the upper portion where the arch of the brow meets the strap. I feel like I'll end up re-doing this at some point but, for the moment, I'm pleased.

I think you did a better job on the overall shape of the eye-holes, and the curvature of the upper portion where the arch of the brow meets the strap.

It took a lot of patterns to get where it is. The eye holes were the trickiest part. I'm jealous of the color you ended up with!

Missed this, sorry.

I used Midnight green. A thin application does a good job.

- - - Updated - - -
Thanks and its ok :)

Thanks!

I think you did a better job on the overall shape of the eye-holes, and the curvature of the upper portion where the arch of the brow meets the strap. I feel like I'll end up re-doing this at some point but, for the moment, I'm pleased.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Since you're building bows like a champ, I had a question about the placement of the chock-- is it centered or slightly off center (horizontally on the rise, I mean)? I'm trying to figure out how he fires arrows without hitting the chock. Even with the hinge on the rest, the chock still seems to be in the way if I center it. I feel like I've set it low enough on the riser based on photos, but maybe I haven't? Or do I need to lift the hinge used as the arrow rest just a bit?

Since you're building bows like a champ, I had a question about the placement of the chock-- is it centered or slightly off center (horizontally on the rise, I mean)? I'm trying to figure out how he fires arrows without hitting the chock. Even with the hinge on the rest, the chock still seems to be in the way if I center it. I feel like I've set it low enough on the riser based on photos, but maybe I haven't? Or do I need to lift the hinge used as the arrow rest just a bit?

Prim and I recently had this discussion. Based on a lot of screen caps we've seen (not all), the chock appears to be basically touching the bottom limb. This definitely allows for arrow clearance.

Prim and I recently had this discussion. Based on a lot of screen caps we've seen (not all), the chock appears to be basically touching the bottom limb. This definitely allows for arrow clearance.
That's what I was thinking. I'd seen conflicting photos and was curious to see how others were handling it-- or not. To the bottom limb it is then! Thanks!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back