Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nike Mag V2 mod discussion and builds

I'm not sure if these could get wired up to the LEDs in the v2's.. Here is the back of my led boards with resistor. http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f9/black-red-nike-mag-project-jlgyp.jpg-126366d1352673703

Thanks for that Cloneprops! But really I should be thanking you, with your suggestions I would have never used these batteries so I am only implementing work you have advised :)

My black mags however i will use digi cam batteries as they are a tiny bit smaller to conceal in the soles with the inverter, just worried about the on off switch.

hi Taff
which nokia battery did you get? how much is it? and whats the dimensions for it?
would this be ok to power the leds and el together?

and could you post up a pic of how you soldered to the lithium battery?

and will you be putting a diode on this wiring setup?

the idea of a big lithium battery behind my ankle is a bit scary!!
thanks

Last edited:

hi Taff
which nokia battery did you get? how much is it? and whats the dimensions for it?
would this be ok to power the leds and el together?

and could you post up a pic of how you soldered to the lithium battery?

and will you be putting a diode on this wiring setup?

the idea of a big lithium battery behind my ankle is a bit scary!!
thanks
Ok, electronic for beginners here, HELPFULL in mostly situations¡¡¡
Testing Electronic Components

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
lithium battery in ankle is SAfest¡¡you have a battery all the time near your face (mobile phones,man¡¡)day after day... and you dont feel scared with that situation????? :lol

about diodes for batteries:
is recommend to use a Schottky diode. Diode is useful to stop the reverse charging¡¡¡¡. Without diode your cellphone battery can be drained out in some situations.I say again, its not neccesary, only is recommended.

soldering is too easy, do you need "flux soldering"(no flux capacitor¡¡)

About leds:

you can use 1,5 volts(with ressistor) or 3V Leds.

About lithium batteries:

why mobile/camera batteries?

1- soo cheap (in places like aliexpress, for example)
2-ready to made a lot of charges
3-avoid overheating
4 ready to avoid humidicity.
5-low weight
6-HIGH POWER: about 1800-2900 Mah¡¡¡¡¡¡(that is like 1,21 gigawatts)
7-normally contains 3-3,7 volts.perfect for 3V inverters.
8-easy to reduce volts(for LED) with small ressistors to obtain standard 1,5 LEDvolts(for 9V you need to use HUGE ressistors,CRAZY, but anyway Im still seeing a lot of people hiding Huge 9 volts under sole.....)
9-standard 9 volts batteries have 400 Mah or less.

Another thing is.....do you remember for how long( days¡¡¡¡) spent in "on mode"a standard nokia?? :) no comments......

Last edited:

I haven't worked with Shoe Goo. The only thing I would be concerned about is that Shoe Goo can be messy. It's not meant for tidy work but rather to be slathered on for repair.

Go to your local chemist and get some syringes (Diabetic syringes without needles) and you can get the Shoe Goo to into crevices and do much finer work with it than the standard tube allows.

Cloneprops and Cavx, both really good posts, thank you for sharing all your valuable info :)

Thought I'd post a before and after pic so far(not done yet though), my phone camera is not doing them that much justice but I am very happy so far, I just hope none of those eBay scammers get there hands on them :darnkids

So how is this all wired up? One battery for everything? What glue did you end up using for the soles?

So how is this all wired up? One battery for everything? What glue did you end up using for the soles?

Not yet but I'm not ruling it completely out yet, just need more minds on that part and the one switch solution as well. Didn't want to hold up progress though so hence why I'm continuing to crack on :)

I took your advise and used loctite glue and used the clamps I got to hold it in place for 8hours (+)

When you get your pairs you will not hesitate to crack on with modding them lol cause lets face it the EL mods really make these look a lot better :)

Cloneprops and Cavx, both really good posts, thank you for sharing all your valuable info :)

Thought I'd post a before and after pic so far(not done yet though), my phone camera is not doing them that much justice but I am very happy so far, I just hope none of those eBay scammers get there hands on them :darnkids

Are you putting them on eBay then?
You will get loads for them man. Even if they listed as replicas.
And so you should because they look fantastic.
I couldn't let them go of they we'r mine lol I'd sleep with them on! Haha

No I won't put them on eBay (i meant the photos being taken and used for ads)as I don't need the money, don't get me wrong though if I was struggling For money I would sell them but on therpf junkyard to support the community.

Next year I am hoping to have some real mags though, just need to get my wedding out the way first :)

No I won't put them on eBay (i meant the photos being taken and used for ads)as I don't need the money, don't get me wrong though if I was struggling For money I would sell them but on therpf junkyard to support the community.

Next year I am hoping to have some real mags though, just need to get my wedding out the way first :)

Iv got a better idea.
Why don't you Get your self a real pair of mags and rock up to the wedding wearing them like a hero lol

nike-mag-v2-mod-discussion-builds-pzewk.jpg-137433d1358325512

WOW, the shoe on the left looks sensational. Awesome job Taff83 :)

Frodo, I did think about getting a pair on the credit card to wear for my first dance but I'm too worried I get booze on them or the bird stands on them lol!!

Thanks Cavx, thought was best to take that photo before both shoes are like the left one, I think it's crazy how much they have changed without me noticing it :)

Frodo, I did think about getting a pair on the credit card to wear for my first dance but I'm too worried I get booze on them or the bird stands on them lol!!

Thanks Cavx, thought was best to take that photo before both shoes are like the left one, I think it's crazy how much they have changed without me noticing it :)

I say take the chance.

But have the divorce papers at the ready incase she does stick her heel through them lol

Hi everyone, I just signed up. I really really wanted Nike air mag replicas for ages and they weren't available. Now they are. I'm lucky I found this thread as it has a lot of useful info in it.

I'm hearing something about a "second batch" that will be outsoon? Does anyone have any info on this like what will be altered?

I really want them to look like the ones taff83 posted.

I want them to have the LED lights in the nike and the bottom ones to be the correct colour.

How hard is to change the nike strap to make it light up? Could anyone make a video or step by step tutorial with pictures? That'd be awesome!

I'm from the UK and thinking about ordering from Karen, does anyone know what shipping method I should choose?

Do you guys advise me to just purchase now or wait for the improvements?

"The bird" HAHAHAHAHA

Taff, your pics with the EL are inspirational. I've been thinking for about the past month that I'd just make an EL strap if they don't do it at the factory, but now I'm most definitely gonna mod mine to full EL whenever I order a pair.

Still patiently waiting on news about the next batch though...

Is anybody or does anybody now of anybody who might decide to possibly make the el straps I'm sure a pretty penny woud be exchanged for that awesome person. :popcorn

Hi everyone, I just signed up. I really really wanted Nike air mag replicas for ages and they weren't available. Now they are. I'm lucky I found this thread as it has a lot of useful info in it.

I'm hearing something about a "second batch" that will be outsoon? Does anyone have any info on this like what will be altered?

I really want them to look like the ones taff83 posted.

I want them to have the LED lights in the nike and the bottom ones to be the correct colour.

How hard is to change the nike strap to make it light up? Could anyone make a video or step by step tutorial with pictures? That'd be awesome!

I'm from the UK and thinking about ordering from Karen, does anyone know what shipping method I should choose?

Do you guys advise me to just purchase now or wait for the improvements?

On the shipping...I used ems and they were on my plates of meat n 5 days.

I used EMS free shipping also. Mine are on the truck right now. That was just about 5 days from China to LA. Not bad at all.

Hey Taff I went ahead and took your advice for the plug and again I was blown away by how small this thing is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back