Terminator Endoskull (New design)

dasAdam

hi guys!
I sure dont have the money to buy myself a cool terminator skull...
so i thought about building one from scratch :D

...and since a 1:1 replica of the original design would be a challenge of accuracy i wanted to go a slightly different route and come up with a slightly different design.

There are so many custom predator masks out there! why not trying to create my very own endoskull :)

i got that styrophoam male head from ebay for 8 bucks
1copy.jpg

then i took my slim cutter knife and started to cut this guy :D
man i didnt know how much balls it takes to make the very first cut...
..and after 10 minutes of undecisive staring i cut of this guys NOSE first :love
2copy.jpg

and well yeah i continued. here are some more images
3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

here are the eye sockets. they will change later on
7.jpg

8.jpg

here i seperated the jaw and reworked the eye sockets. they resemble the t800 ones a lot. but i guess thats ok :)
20121206_210747_zps6596ddbb.jpg

20121206_210759_zps66308117.jpg

20121206_210811_zpscd2e8a3b.jpg

20121206_210816_zps288b2c92.jpg

20121206_210821_zps8a0c0e14.jpg

20121206_210832_zpsc18dda7a.jpg

20121206_210914_zps03623f18.jpg

dont know about the teeth yet :/
maybe i will sculpt em from scratch too or come up with a more abstract mouth/teeth design similiar to the T-X :)

comments and suggestions are highly appreciated! in the meanwhile i shall start covering up the main surfaces with some putty

Last edited:
Re: Endoskull (Custom design)

Holy moley! Freaking styrofoam - and that junky large-cell stuff to boot that crumbles if you look at it!

Amazing. :):thumbsup

Wow that's amazing work!

I've seen people use those long press on nails and grind them down to make teeth. The Terminators had "real" teeth if I remember right, but you're going custom so I'm sure whatever you come up with will look sweet.

Thats pretty damn cool!! Great job soo far!
many thanks,! i will try my best to fulfill your expectations

Man, and that's just using styro! This is gonna be awesome, I can feel it!
wow thanks! in the end the styro is just a mere reference... i realized that i got to cover up everything and therefore will loose my thin panel lines for sure :facepalm

You, sir, have a talent.

Great work!
thats encouraging! many thanks, sir :love

Holy moley! Freaking styrofoam - and that junky large-cell stuff to boot that crumbles if you look at it!
Amazing. :):thumbsup
thanks mate! im lucky tho! its the small-cell styro. a sharp cutter creates smooth and clean cutting surfaces :)

Oh! This is looking nice...
thank you, sir!

:eek I can't believe how symmetrical you got it! Freehand no less! Fantastic job sir!
sir! many thanks . actually symmetry is off at many spots here:lol
i would argument saying that it fits the human imperfections and therefore looks more natural. the best way to infiltrate the human race and burn them to ashes :cool

Yea- that's cool
thanks stormy!

for the mouth maybe you could use a pair of dentures, if that will work it might look kinda cool
thanks for the suggestion! i heard about that tip already.... but how do you guys get these? should i call dentists and ask for old pairs of teeth? :D

Wow that's amazing work!

I've seen people use those long press on nails and grind them down to make teeth. The Terminators had "real" teeth if I remember right, but you're going custom so I'm sure whatever you come up with will look sweet.
thats a cool tip! i will look out for cheap ones the next time i go shopping. many thanks zodiac!

i will post some pics of my first putty session soon. let it cure a bit for now:)
waaah im excited!

ps: sorry if the pics dont turn out that well. i will work on that while building the skull :behave

Last edited:

"That Famous Auction Site" [ebay] sells sets of teeth; not that expensive, either.

Keep track of the hours and effort you spend doing this; I could see you doing commissions :)

And small or large cell foam - it's *freaking amazing*. Are you a sculptor?

"That Famous Auction Site" [ebay] sells sets of teeth; not that expensive, either.

Keep track of the hours and effort you spend doing this; I could see you doing commissions :)

And small or large cell foam - it's *freaking amazing*. Are you a sculptor?
i will look into it :) still need to wait for my paycheck which will come in after new years day. christmas has been expensive :)

thanks for the advice too! if this skull turns out nice and the work on it is fun (which it is till now), i could imagine doing a commission. sounds like fun :)
no im not a sculptor. i have still lots to learn. i also wanted to dive into the molding process maybe

subscribed!
thanks dude! im flattered!

here are some update pics. im terribly sorry for the quality here. i will just post the least bad ones and do some more with a real digicam. so bear with me guys... :(

here i applied apoxie sculpt. i did a research and found this putty to be suitable for the job. it hardens without loosing volume and can be worked like clay, softened with water. thats what i did here. it sure turned out bumpy but is a really great result as for the first layer of the putty :)

20121218_084713_zps8ba610ca.jpg

20121218_084747_zpsbc96628c.jpg

20121218_084804_zpsee03e251.jpg

20121218_084854_zpsd6f7a376.jpg

seeing my rather organic edges i might decide to use plasticboard glued in place with hot glue. and then blend all together with more putty

ps:eek:nce again sorry for the bad photographs. i took em with my calculator ;)

Going down the pictures I went from thinking the foam head was a bad choice to thinking WOW that's turning out great. What a cool new design.

What's good about apoxie sculpt is that it sands like a dream.

apoxie sculpt is great you can get a really good gloss finish from it with enough sanding and polishing nice!

Going down the pictures I went from thinking the foam head was a bad choice to thinking WOW that's turning out great. What a cool new design.

What's good about apoxie sculpt is that it sands like a dream.
many thanks mate! im humbled!
the foam head sure has some disadvantages. i might try out a different approach once im done with this one =)

apoxie sculpt is great you can get a really good gloss finish from it with enough sanding and polishing nice!
great to know! i shall continue using it then! :D

here is a little update ( major update on photograph quality tho :D)

f_zps9d775ed1.jpg

g_zps5abebe34.jpg

h_zpsa9e5cab2.jpg

i_zps0920a6e7.jpg

j_zps88ed07ae.jpg

neyt step will be the eye area i guess :)

Beautiful, keep at it! I look forward to seeing your continued progress... and, of course, the final product!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back