Terminator Endoskull (New design)

Re: Endoskull (Custom design)

Coming along great! I like the idea of starting from the styrofoam head!
thanks! thats highly encouraging :)

Beautiful, keep at it! I look forward to seeing your continued progress... and, of course, the final product!
many thanks dude
i just hope i will finish it this month :)

here is another update.
im done scuplting the face. (not talking about the teeth/mouth tho)
and i did some filling and corrected much of the uneven spots of the overall shape

c1_zps95a44b57.jpg

c2_zps3122af48.jpg

c3_zps25f90fa0.jpg

c4_zps9bd8ca09.jpg

you might notice that the design of the face somehow changed. its due to a spontaneous decision during the very fun sculpting process :) i might keep it like that or change it later on

as usual comments and suggestions are highly appreciated! cheers :)

This is somewhat like the special effects kids at the art institute had to do for a class. They took photos of themselves from all sides and had to figure out the shape of their skull and carve it into one of these foam heads then build their face over it with clay. It was a first year student project too. This is turning out super cool.

This is somewhat like the special effects kids at the art institute had to do for a class. They took photos of themselves from all sides and had to figure out the shape of their skull and carve it into one of these foam heads then build their face over it with clay. It was a first year student project too. This is turning out super cool.

ah nice insight mate :) bust have been a difficult task :D

and im happy you dig my build !

here is a little update
i started building the many planar surfaces with plastic board and did some very first sanding on the left side of the back head :)
b1_zps42089dd6.jpg

b2_zpsc62d2094.jpg

b3_zpsb530b5db.jpg

b4_zps85165961.jpg

b5_zps20b62921.jpg

sweet build.... I had bought one of those foam heads to sculpt a flash cowl onto but never did...u may have inspired me to dig it out of the closet !

sweet build.... I had bought one of those foam heads to sculpt a flash cowl onto but never did...u may have inspired me to dig it out of the closet !
this sure will do the trick! i would give it a go if i were you :)

great to hear that mate! im happy you dig the build :)

here is a little update. busy busy busy!
a sanding session and also a bit of work on the nose

s1_zpsc2b40a83.jpg

s2_zps4fa0382b.jpg

s3_zps936df90a.jpg

s4_zps0693a6c4.jpg

s5_zpsbce338b0.jpg

dasAdam, this just plain ROCKS!! I love how this is coming out: while it's no design I've seen in any of the Terminator movies or otherwise, it unmistakably speaks "terminator"!!!

I'd love to see this become a full endoskeleton someday!!!

dasAdam, this just plain ROCKS!! I love how this is coming out: while it's no design I've seen in any of the Terminator movies or otherwise, it unmistakably speaks "terminator"!!!

I'd love to see this become a full endoskeleton someday!!!
thanks for taking a look mate!
yeah id love to get a terminatorish feel yet still to come up with something new looking. i will maybe build in a rear slot for the CPU you can pull out just like the one the original prop has :)

here are some updates!
i started sanding the plates i got instead of continuing to apply more apoxie sculpt. i was so exicted to give im a smooth surface. just to have a glimps how the finished thing might look and feel like!
actually i really enjoyed sanding :D I LOVE SANDING! haha

need to order some more apoxie sculpt ;O im running out of it as a matter of fact :D

and here are the pics!
d10_zps7516f46c.jpg

d9_zpsd58f1dcf.jpg

d4_zpsa80bab1e.jpg

d6_zpsff917785.jpg

d3_zps14fe5bd6.jpg

d5_zps339a2d33.jpg

d2_zps9d47b48e.jpg

d7_zps30455aa2.jpg

d8_zpsc53811f5.jpg

Amazing work.

I've never used Milliput before. How do you find it so far? Your are getting great results. I'll have to get my hands on some.

Amazing work.

I've never used Milliput before. How do you find it so far? Your are getting great results. I'll have to get my hands on some.
many many thanks mister! :D
actually that milliput is just waiting for the later small putty tasks.
im using APOXIE SCULPT from AVES. and its great!
feels like playdoh actually :D you can smoth it with water just like clay
it hardens without shrinking. you can then sand it, cut it, drill it.. you name it.
its my very first time using it and also the first sculpt i do after my art classes 15 years ago. final verdict: AWESOME PUTTY

Great work, cool thread.
thanks for the visit dude! im happy you dig the sculpt so far :)

feels like playdoh actually :D you can smoth it with water just like clay
it hardens without shrinking. you can then sand it, cut it, drill it.. you name it.
its my very first time using it and also the first sculpt i do after my art classes 15 years ago. final verdict: AWESOME PUTTY

How long to dry? I'm getting some to try... Thanks.

How long to dry? I'm getting some to try... Thanks.

24 hours to fully cure. but i do sand down the putty after 4 hours or something already

little update! =)
i did <dd some more bone to the nose section and i did some sandind details and the panel lines around the eyes :)
q1_zps7c418d69.jpg

q2_zps6c5c5f68.jpg

q3_zps95804196.jpg

q4_zps16277b06.jpg

q5_zps2b9da530.jpg

q6_zpsc7704b6a.jpg

q7_zps12fcaf6e.jpg

I really like what you are doing with this.

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup
big thanks mate! i will try my best =) im very excited to finish it

UPDATES!
ornaments in form of panel lines were added to the face :)
no it really starts to look terminatorish! yay!

t7_zps087d7794.jpg

t6_zps01938bb8.jpg

t5_zps4f1de746.jpg

t3_zps97640734.jpg

t4_zps1a8b7d61.jpg

t2_zps57c92cc3.jpg

and here a bit of photoshop!
that was my inital idea for the eyes IF im going to out in leds and such :)
t1_zpse65c5968.jpg

comments, critique and suggestions are very welcome!
cheers
adam

Great project so far, I especially like the way you blended in plasti-card for the hard edges, I was doubtful, but it looks really good.

Last edited:

While I am working on my E-C project, I am also researching for my t-800 project I'll be starting in about a month... I really love your work! It takes skill to re-produce a prop, but it takes imagination to create something original... Very, very awesome! :) I am totally subscribed.

Great project so far, I especially like the way you blended in plasti-card for the hard edges, I waas doubtful, but it looks really good.
thanks for the visit! yeah to be honest i was the most doubtful one of us ;D
but i must say that the putty is great! i can cut and sand hard straight egdes into the putty without even being forced to incorparate plastic baord as well!
i fell in love with apoxie sculpt :D too bad it is a bit expensive compared to car filler. but then again i can control the putty better and do some initial smoothing with my bare hands to save myself much sanding work :confused

This is one of the coolest things I have seen in a long time!!! Brilliant work!
hey mate! totally badass to see you around here :D i feel flattered since ive already witnessed what you are capable of! i love the rocketeer kit and your dredd helmet :)
i might want to hit you with some questions and experiences about mold making as ive NEVR done it before and im escited to try it out on this build :)
anyway! happy you like it and cheers :)

While I am working on my E-C project, I am also researching for my t-800 project I'll be starting in about a month... I really love your work! It takes skill to re-produce a prop, but it takes imagination to create something original... Very, very awesome! :) I am totally subscribed.
wow thanks! i sure will keep my eyes open for your t-800 project as im eager to learn all the ways of model making.
creating from your imagination is uber fun in my opinion :) the downside is that it takes much longer to get something done.. irealized that i tend to think about all the possibilities and design features i could add way too much. when having a concrete refenrence someone can hit it hard and fast i guess :D

cheers!

cool idea using a display head.
thanks mate! i was very unsure about it in the beginning. i did cut in all the details into the foam and yet i did loose em once again after putting on the putty (pretty obvious) ..just to come up with slightly different panel lines and details :D

but then again i realized that having the head underneath is really cool when adding changes and cutting out huge chunks. all i have to do is to cover up the foam once again. it sure suits for a faster workflow :)

thanks for your comments guys! i will come back with an update in a few hours. it progresses a bit slowly but surely :D

cheers!

hey mate! totally badass to see you around here :D i feel flattered since ive already witnessed what you are capable of! i love the rocketeer kit and your dredd helmet :)
i might want to hit you with some questions and experiences about mold making as ive NEVR done it before and im escited to try it out on this build :)
anyway! happy you like it and cheers :)

cheers!

Shoot me a note anytime.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back