Phil Rae SS Narcissus

deraenged

Hi All,

"Phil Rae has just announced that he will be soon releasing a SS Narcissus. APPROX 36 IN LONG
The kit has been produced under his supervision. It will be available in kit form and also at extra cost a built version will be available with the painting and weathering done by Phil himself, the built version will be signed by Phil. Phil has not revealed prices but he says it is about to go into rubber.
An ACCURATE SCALE INTERIOR WILL BE AVAILABLE AS A SEPERATE KIT
Phil is also being interviewed by Dennis Lowe ( Dennis Lowe Website ) for the next Alien Makers installment. He says in it he will give his account on who did the work on the Narcissus including the detailing, and from what Phil said it does not all just by a certain somebody."

Last edited:
Re: NARCISSUS Part id help

Not sure why Phil is speaking about himself in the 3rd person! :lol

Last edited:

Well that'll be alot easier, the original is at Bob Burns place. :)

this particular model is my bigger forced perspective front section. if we are talking about building a s scale of the main filming miniature it should be completely ignored and will only serve to confuse
phil

Just read up about Phil. He AND Bower built it. deRAEnged might know him :)

the main body was built by bower with others invoved in the engines and othe parts. my job was to detail paint and weather it. i did not detail the back end cos it had to "best match" the full scale set and i didnt have the photo ref needed. evev now i cant say if it does achieve that cos i've never studied it!

narc1to1.jpg

I think the back end of the SS miniature matches the full size set very close! Works for me. In the same way, the Forced perspective miniature did it's job too. The three work very well together and at no time are you not sold on it being the same ship. Even the miniature built by Jay for Aliens does exactly what was needed for the film. I certainly wasn't taken out of the movie for a second thinking it was a different model.

What I think everyone here wants is a replica, as close as possible, of the 'hero' miniature that you (Phil) and Martin built. I'm not sure if others were involved, but as with all productions, it would be expected.

It's an iconic piece!

what's THAT supposed to mean???? sounds a bit rude to me ? and why draw fred into it....did he say something too?

Nothing rude intended. Fred mentioned in another thread that he ordered a Narc Model from yourself. What happened then is between you and Fred. Just saying that you built the Narc before that's all.

Even the miniature built by Jay for Aliens does exactly what was needed for the film. I certainly wasn't taken out of the movie for a second thinking it was a different model.

the pity about the aliens version ship is that they HAD a set of my profile n other photos of the original cos i sent them to steven begg at shepperton, at foxes request but for some reason they were never sent to jay!
having said that...his version is terrific and alongside each other they create quite a stir

Nothing rude intended. Fred mentioned in another thread that he ordered a Narc Model from yourself. What happened then is between you and Fred. Just saying that you built the Narc before that's all.

oh...ok....dats an issue i need to re-visit. if i remember properly fred implied i took money off him and he never got the goods... that is NOT the case! he didnt get the goods but he never sent the money or something like that!
i alse remember someone refering to me as "flakey" and other un-necessarrilly rude remarks. thay is unfair too, and resulted in me desrting rpf AND ET till now, other stuff was said!!!
if it wasnt for those idiots i would have posted a LOT more narc shots n maybe saved you guy a lotta ti,e and trouble ref this thread
i will check back on the postings and deal with these issues
happy days
phil
fact is i have bipolar....it is the secret of my success but there is a price to pay when i'n on the down side....google it!

Hi Phil,
I just wanted to thank you for posting again on the RPF. Being able to read the experiences of someone who actually worked on the Narcissus is just invaluable. Personally, I don't really care about whatever has gone on in the past. I think for most of us, we are just fans working towards a common goal of being able to build a SS replica, that up untill now has not been possible.
I very much look forawrd to any insight you can offer that will take that whole process forward. I do hope you decide to stick around for a while :cool

oh...ok....dats an issue i need to re-visit. if i remember properly fred implied i took money off him and he never got the goods... that is NOT the case! he didnt get the goods but he never sent the money or something like that!

Hi Phil, it's been a long time.

Sorry sir but I just can't let you ruin my reputation here. I bought a built-up of the Narcissus that was auctioned on eBay early 2008 by eBay seller dazscarlet . It costed me something like 80GBP + shipping and it was a BUY IT NOW auction... and I confirm here you never delivered it.

I don't have the eBay purchase confirmation email anymore (the hard disk of my Mac crashed later and I have lost some data and emails, this one included) but I still have some of our emails.... Here is a screencap of the first I sent you and your answer (I have erased some personal data in order to publicly display it here) :

attachment.php

Don't get me wrong, I'll be forever grateful for all the info and photos of your time on A L I E N you have shared privately and publicly with me and others these last years, I mean it... but you never delivered that Narcissus model, period. This story is behind me now. **** happens sometimes on eBay or real life. I have decided a long time ago to move on and I would never have mentioned this story again...

it's just that I can't let you say that I'm a liar.

Regards,
Fred

Being able to read the experiences of someone who actually worked on the Narcissus is just invaluable.

I very much look forawrd to any insight you can offer that will take that whole process forward.

I'd like to add that I 100% agree with that.

Fred

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back