Does anyone have the Monogram 1/24 Corvette SS Hatchback

bwayne64

Master Member
Hi, does anyone have this kit. I need some good pictures of the radiator shroud, with accurate measurements. Unless I can get a casting of it. It's for the Studio Galactica. Can't find the kit anywhere. It's pretty rare. Here's the box art. I appreciate any help, ; )

monogram_2212_corvette-ss-hatchback-sn.jpg

May be similar. Not a lot of sprue shots of that model of corvette...especially Monogram.

TazMan2000

May be similar. Not a lot of sprue shots of that model of corvette...especially Monogram.

TazMan2000
Thanks man. That was a great thread. Didn't see the radiator shroud but a fellow Big G builder sent me some pics and measurements. I think I can build it and print it. At least get something that looks the part, ; ) Pun intended, lol.

I did a quick search. Good price.

TazMan2000
Yes I saw that earlier. Looks like it's a built model, but listed as new in box, ; ) Not sure if all the parts are there. I'll keep that one as a last resort, thanks for sharing.

EDIT: SEE LATER POST.
The Corvette Street Machine part looks like it may be a match. But the sprue layouts are pretty different so I'll need to check them side by side. The Hatchback provides donors to other subjects, so if you are going to buy one, it's probably worth playing the long game for that one.

Last edited:
The Galactica nose part is not in the Pace Car. Somewhat similar, but still significant differences. The Corvette Street Machine part looks like it may be a match. But the sprue layouts are pretty different so I'll need to check them side by side. The Hatchback provides donors to other subjects, so if you are going to buy one, it's probably worth playing the long game for that one.
Thanks man. I didn't know that, ; )

Hey I was totally wrong about the pace car. All three cars are different, but this part is basically the same between them. Aqua is the Street Machine and Black is the pace car. Slight size difference is distance to camera. The parts can sub fine. I forgot I had the Pace Car kit on the "to scan" pile.
IMG_3880.jpg

Hey I was totally wrong about the pace car. All three cars are different, but this part is basically the same between them. Aqua is the Street Machine and Black is the pace car. Slight size difference is distance to camera. The parts can sub fine. I forgot I had the Pace Car kit on the "to scan" pile. View attachment 1747056
Thanks for the confirmation. Good to have alternatives. And I just hate that body on the hatchback. Can you take a few pictures of that part. I have a few, but need a few more angles.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back