SS Narcissus BUILD teaser.

Bjorn

Flyscriber, great video!

That is some excellent freestyle kitbashing there on the base. It just works perfectly!

I look forward to seeing it with the final treatment with decals and paint.

joberg

Master Member
Very nice base to display that Narcissus :cool: :cool: (y) (y) Don't forget the ever present Letraset decals also...will make it more "Alien";)

Flyscriber

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Flyscriber, great video!

That is some excellent freestyle kitbashing there on the base. It just works perfectly!

I look forward to seeing it with the final treatment with decals and paint.
Cheers Bjorn. Some changes made already, and the greeblies are now so insanely small as i fill up the gaps. Its taking a while, but should be well worth it.

Flyscriber

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Cheers joberg.

SO, the Narcissus update looks like this.
All lighting is in place and engine cowlings are fitted. Light bleeds were very minimal, confined mainly to the rear engine areas along the long seams to the perspex, but two passes of black with a 1000 grit sand between coats sorted that out nicely.
Then came a wet sand with 1200 grit, a good clean up and airbrushing all the recesses in white leaving feathered edges to the painting, then a complete mist coat, and a full wet covering. Then sand, and another white wet coat.
Now it is ready for the final check of the surfaces, a quick fill if needed, sanding again and final wet white coat.
IMG_1484.jpeg
IMG_1500.jpeg
IMG_1583.jpeg
IMG_1588.jpeg

Ive also done more on the stand now, and it's now waiting for the final finish on the Narcissus so i can match the weathering to it.

So no more painting on the stand just yet. Next up is the final finishing and weathering of the now White Narcissus.

Cheers folks, see you soon.

Bjorn

Great attention to detail. This looks brilliant Andy.

Love the use of carbon black on the model. And your paint process is excellent.

Flyscriber

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Cheers Bjorn. Im getting used to the way the graphite works now. Its strange stuff but pretty workable to get the desired look. ONce i get the decals on ill be doing a vid to show if i can get the weathering just right or not !! ;-).
Heres the next installment of the Narcissus build. It shows a bit of the interior scratch build and the lighting method i used which is very simple and easy to fix if needed in the future. Then the base coats.

Next stage is the decals and weathering then were all complete. One more vid to go after this one. Hope you like it. Thanks for checking it out. Happy modelling everyone.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.