1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

The center console at the bottom of this pic...

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/...nium Falcon Console Build/20121231_150133.jpg

All of the do-dads you put on it... A bit different from what is vaguely seen in the following photo on the back of the front console (bottom of pic)...

http://massassi.hobby-site.com/massassi/pictures/episode_4/img/space06.jpg

Not a big deal to me though, and it really is just a minor nit-pic. I just wondered if the original design had changed from ANH to TESB. Don't worry about it though. Don't let me slow you down any.

GOTCHA! There were several versions between ANH and Jedi. I basically did a hybrid version that was loosely based on Starkiller's 3D cockpit. I was watching Jedi last night and found a rarely seen shot of the upper area. I don't think a clear defined pic of that area even exists. Anybody?

I might change it around later. :)

Great update photos!

I don't know if this is a found part already but here's an idea for consideration, when the time arrives. Been working out where these switches may have come from, possibly from a radio unit but more likely newly introduced in 1977 CRL pickup switches for Fender Strat and Telecasters.

Left switch is for Strats and right switch for Teles. The ones pictured are 3-way and 4-way here but I think the switches on the Falcon are 5-way for the Strat as these where hugely popular when they shipped in '77 for updating 3-way pickup selectors.

Hey Greg happy new year brah, After you build th' cockpit of th' millennium Falcon will you be goin' Ta Disneyland???? Jk!!!, :rolleyes:;):D

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

That's the ones, and is that one single massive one under the nearest guy's arm?

Hey Greg happy new year brah, After you build th' cockpit of th' millennium Falcon will you be goin' Ta Disneyland???? Jk!!!, :rolleyes:;):D

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Thank you, my friend! Happy New Years to You! Already booked my flight - open ticket! ;)

Maybe that's the size of the vac-forming machine top, or, these panels are lids from a large Tupperware-ish type of storage box.

Hi Gang,

Quick update! I drilled all the holes for the switches in a panel on Chewie's side... LEDs holes tomorrow.

Pencil out the pinstripes / measurements for holes
20130101_161806.jpg

Mark the holes to be drilled
20130101_164941.jpg

TaDa - 125+ switches in this panel
20130101_180356.jpg

More to come

Hi Gang...

UGH... Han's side has been a real nightmare! The panels didn't align properly. I might recreate 3 of the panels.

I don't think the middle and bottom areas circled are anything to worry about. Negligible.

I'm new to the site, and this is my first post... :$

I have enjoyed reading about your journey and it spurred me on to do some searching for those reflector like lights.

I found this - I'm not sure of the dimensions of what your looking for, but this could be a jumping off point for reference.

Antique Colored Glass Carriage/Railroad Lantern by GoodPhamilyFun

Hi Skywalker Girl,

Thanks for taking the time to read through the build. Those colored glass railroad lanterns are fantastic! Great find. I think those are approx 5-7 in in diameter - if not bigger. The ones we're "unsuccessfully" searching for are approx 2 in. It's been a frustrating search... considering how many we're used throughout the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Keep up the search and thanks again! :)

Hi Skywalker Girl,

Thanks for taking the time to read through the build. Those colored glass railroad lanterns are fantastic! Great find. I think those are approx 5-7 in in diameter - if not bigger. The ones we're "unsuccessfully" searching for are approx 2 in. It's been a frustrating search... considering how many we're used throughout the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Keep up the search and thanks again! :)

They remind me of bicycle reflectors...

These are a little pricey, but smaller:
http://www.taillightking.com/images/Reflectors/Dots from Red Fox/PR10.jpg

This website has pages of them, all sizes and costs
Reflectors, Glass and Plastic

Last edited:

I don't think the middle and bottom areas circled are anything to worry about. Negligible.

Hi T,

The area of real concern is the panel above the "light bar". Because the panels below are "off" the light bar is too low. I guess it will look like the original. lol

But.. It's more my knowing it's not level... :)

I wonder if you could use those "Easy Buttons" from Staples.

They sell them as a novelty item and may be close to that size.
If you could recast the button portion so it was translucent a bit,
that may work for you.

Staples.com® | easy button

Best thread ever as always!

Hi K,

Thank you so much for the VERY kind words.

Several folks in the office have the "Easy Button". I "borrowed" one from a buddy of mine and looked to see if they could be used but they are just a tad too big for this application. I'm sure they could be used elsewhere and would probably look really cool with a chrome bezel and lens!

Happy 2013!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back