Ashton Drake & Bradford Exchange 1:1 Grogu Figure

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
Has anyone know anything about this. Never heard of them.

Also showing up here:

Better that the toy store kid versions, not as good as Sideshow/Hottoys versions, in my opinion priced too high for the level of detail.

Better that the toy store kid versions, not as good as Sideshow/Hottoys versions, in my opinion priced too high for the level of detail.

I agree on overall looks. However IMHO, it’s better than sideshow because it is posable and I really dislike the robes on the sideshow version. And better than the Hot Toys because it does not have seams at the ears (since those are interchangeable). But overall, I personally like the Hot Toys the best and the ear seams tend to be less noticeable person. Tend to blend in more like skin folds.

If this was $100-$125 I might try and work it into my collection but at $199 I think it’s just priced too high. SS will have their version on sale for $250-$275 so for just a little more than this one you can get the more realistic SS version.

If this was $100-$125 I might try and work it into my collection but at $199 I think it’s just priced too high. SS will have their version on sale for $250-$275 so for just a little more than this one you can get the more realistic SS version.

I also don’t need this with my current collection. Maybe if I didn’t have anything but I would also want to see photos of the actual product from a buyer to see what it really looks like.

So, apparently a "Portrait Figure" or "Portrait Doll" is a doll or statue made from photographs to be an accurate depiction of a real person. I didn't know that an hour ago and I may be missing some nuance. Doll collecting is a hobby with a fandom just as rabid as us, and with a longer history - "fashion dolls" having their origins some hundreds of years ago. (I've seen claims anywhere from the mid 1800s to the mid 1500s, and I'm not trying to sort all that out now.)

Ashton Drake appears to be one of the "big names" in doll collecting, with lots of websites selling their products and multiple Etsy stores reselling their products.

So this figure would seem to be aimed at the intersection between doll collectors and Star Wars fans.

Bradford Exchange is a Canadian store selling collectables and the like. I'm guessing there's some sort of direct link between them and Ashton Drake, because there's a redirect from ashtondrake.com to bradforexchange.com, presumably only for Canadians. Also, the listing has vanished from Bradford Exchange, so I'm guessing it was popular and sold through already. (Or, possibly, the Ashton Drake license doesn't cover Canada.)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back