Marvel Movie Rights and Future Marvel Movies

Actually, haven't most of the Marvel Studios films been written by some of Marvel's top writers? I feel like Marvel would have a big hand in the scripts since everything's in-house and would want the directors to adhere to them pretty closely once they're finalized. Isn't that one of the reasons Edward Norton was replaced? Because he was trying to strongarm his way into making changes to the Incredible Hulk script and the feel of the movie?

:facepalm

I apologize Moomoo. I forgot I even had a post in this thread. I believe you are right about the Hulk/Norton. But I feel like for others, they let the director have some control. I know that for the Avengers, Joss Whedon hated the Triangle Arc Reactor on RDJ Iron Man suit. He wanted to Circle back, and w/a good reason, got the circle back. Simple, but something.

I also thought they let Kenneth Branaugh & Jon Favreau have a good amount of input into their respective movies. As far a Norton goes, maybe he wanted to make changes that didn't make the movie better, but made himself look better. I think I made that comment after reading about Jon Favreau talk about himself not coming back for IM3, but I think in the same interview he talked about it not being a matter of not having good input of creative control, but more or less feeling like IM3 would just be a precursor to Avengers 2.

Mark Millar Speaks About Consultant Role at Fox | Superhero Hype
Millar took to his message board and Twitter to discuss the announcement. He said on Twitter, "In all seriousness, this is the biggest thing that's ever happened to me & I really want these movies to be as phenomenal as possible."

On his site, he added: "It's way too early to talk about plans just yet, but as you can imagine the idea here is to make exactly the kind of superhero movies you and I want to see most. There literally isn't a more talented bunch of film-makers to be working with and the team at Fox are incredibly excited about this bold new direction too. I also want to post this here to say thanks for the hundreds of emails I woke up to this morning and the thousand-plus tweets I got overnight from well-wishers. I wish I had time to reply to them all today - I usually reply to most of my tweets @mrmarkmillar - but this morning was an AVALANCHE and so I just wanted to so a big thanks, that I've read every one and that they're hugely appreciated. A highlight, I think, was well-wishes from Stan The Man himself. That's like the Pope sending a message. Couldn't have been more exciting.

"But my biggest thanks has to go to director Joe Carnahan, I think. It was Joe who suggested me to the bigwigs at Fox for this role as he's always been a supporter of what I did in comics like The Ultimates and so on. He and Matthew Vaughn - both of whom have a very strong relationship with Fox - really pushed for me to get this gig and I just want to publicly thank them both for their support."

im cautiously optimistic that this means that we finally get something decent from fox, alltho im not getting my hopes up.

this might also be a small step into the direction of shared licenses for fox and marvel. who knows. maybe there will be a civil war movie someday. to me that would be even more epic than the thanos storyline. how often do you see a movie with good guys fighting good guys.

:facepalm

I apologize Moomoo. I forgot I even had a post in this thread. I believe you are right about the Hulk/Norton. But I feel like for others, they let the director have some control. I know that for the Avengers, Joss Whedon hated the Triangle Arc Reactor on RDJ Iron Man suit. He wanted to Circle back, and w/a good reason, got the circle back. Simple, but something.

I also thought they let Kenneth Branaugh & Jon Favreau have a good amount of input into their respective movies. As far a Norton goes, maybe he wanted to make changes that didn't make the movie better, but made himself look better. I think I made that comment after reading about Jon Favreau talk about himself not coming back for IM3, but I think in the same interview he talked about it not being a matter of not having good input of creative control, but more or less feeling like IM3 would just be a precursor to Avengers 2.

Apparently Norton is pretty difficult to deal with on set. He doesn't get along with people easily. Very controlling, I guess you could say. In a franchise where so many parties are trying to control the direction and content, not hard to see why they'd want to cut one out.

If they ever attempt to replace RDJ, they'll have a hard time filling his shoes

I've read that when the time comes, they don't want to do a reboot, they will just continue with another actor as the James Bond films do, and I think that is an EXCELLENT idea. Hope they do it that way!

Maybe Hulk could be used more as a good guy. Then some weird thing were he gets mad and destroys a whole city or some such. Shoot him off into space. He gets to be good again on another planet.

When he comes back to Earth, however, I don't want him being a totally evil dude. So I don't know how they would make it work. I'd rather have the Hulk be our only savior, and finally deciding to help us!

It's kind of a no-brainer that Marvel needs to bite the bullet on both Ms. Marvel and Black Panther, hopefully in Phase 3. One of those movies (or both?) will be their GotG for Phase 3, a big risk. The only success story that Hollywood can really hang their hat on with a minority lead is Blade, amongst the crapfest of Steel, Catwoman, and Elektra.

If Marvel gets this right, you better believe that a Wonder Woman movie will soon follow. Odds are, WB/DC is going to sit on a WW movie for a long while since they're obviously not pioneers in this category.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back