Our flux capacitor...

I'll PM ya' regarding the Goonies stuff. :)

TAP plastics is a particularly useful resource, in my opinion. I actually wound up using plastic sheets cut to size on my companion cube toward the end, (basically, as part of the finished product - after multiple stops, starts & failures), & they were great to deal with. I try to hit them up for any plastic/acrylic stuff I need first, before I hit the internet. For the knowledge crystal/kryptonite shard I made from 'Superman' they didn't carry the size/color of acrylic rod I wanted & it was a giant hassle to find it on the web...

Sounds like we're at different stages in terms of learning on different construction methodology but roughly the same level of drive - in pursuit of this prop building obsess- er -hobby.

Any info I can provide to help with your flux, just let me know. Glad to help.

Thanks! :)

Awesome, thanks for the detailed info, I think we have a TAP plastics here on Long Island. I wouldn't advise using my sculpt as a reference, I'm still really new to modeling/sculpting and my screen accuracy suffers due to my lack of skills, but I am getting better! If you PM me your email address, I can send you my Goonies reference zip file. There are some map files that are hard to find, that may help you. I have a big roll of kraft paper, I'm still trying to figure out how to print onto it though, I may silkscreen the map onto it. And, once again, im so jealous of your flux capacitor, you may hear from me when I start mine!

Also, I'll be watching for when you become a full member, I'd like to scoop up some of your extra parts.

Last edited:
A deLandrover at 88mph...yeah, that does seem hard to wrap my head around. ;)

They would. But then I'd need a delorean to wear them in. Could get expensive. Oh well. Gotta have a dream. I once thought about a BTTF inspired 70's land rover, doing the brushed raw metal finish on the aluminium body to get a similar look ( a deLandrover) but unfortunately nobody would believe it possible to reach 88mph!

Got asked some questions about the spark plug wire I used, via PM so I'm gonna' post some of my response relating to what I used in my build below. Hopefully, it will be of some use to folks:
"As for the spark plug wires, I actually used yellow CAT-5 ethernet cable & spark plug boots I got on the web.

Here's where I got the spark plug boots:

Pico 7057C 7mm Rubber Angled Spark Plug Protector 4 per Package

...& this one is useful too, for building the bases of the high voltage relays - used for the little terminals on top - they're called 'tip jacks':

Insulated Tip Jack, Black "

So it is bigger on the inside! I may go out and start my own tardis door! The flux capacitor looks amazing...now all you need is a delorean to put it in.

Iharles, looks good! If you want screen accurate labels for cheap, let me know, I have the correct Rotex label maker and label tape. It would make a world of difference.

Outstanding build. I would love to do one myself one day and your instructions would prove very valuable.

Glad to hear that they'll be of some help. A lot of the info is out there but challenging to locate in some instances, (the gasket for the window was a pain to find - Grainger sells it in like 25' lengths, if memory serves, for less than most places charge for 3-4'...). :)

My build doesn't have the most accurate elbows on the exterior but, otherwise, I'm very pleased with how it turned out. :D

This is awesome.

I am new here and am not sure if this is a taboo/inappropriate question, so if that is the case I apologize, but about how much would you say it cost to build one of these things? It is pretty high on my list of "Oh I want to make that!" but since I am a newlywed whose wife is in college, money is a bit of an issue.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back