Factory Ent Flux Capacitor: Question for you that have received yours

PolarSuns

I received mine yesterday, #22 of the unsigned version, and am very happy with it. It's basically a lifelong dream to have one since I was kid, but over the years have just never seen anything "decent" pop up for sale besides those night light things.

Question for you other owners- my latches are super loose and don't actually put any force on the door at all to pull it tight. Like, the latches on the main body could stand to go 1/4" toward the back of the box in order to provide even a little bit of snug closure. Are yours the same way?

My volume knob is extremely loose and flops all around, if I didn't know any better I'd say that it was mounted to some kind of ball bearing, rather than on a straight metal axis. How about yours?

Thanks for your time.

Yes, can confirm that the latches don't "pull" the lid shut. I spoke with Steve from Valor Replicas who designed this flux capacitor from Factory Entertainment and confirmed that his was done the same way.

I checked my volume knob and I suppose it is a little "loose", like I can pull it back and forth, but very little, But It doesn't "rattle around." I never gave it any thought until you mentioned it, that it might be a little loose.

Yes, can confirm that the latches don't "pull" the lid shut. I spoke with Steve from Valor Replicas who designed this flux capacitor from Factory Entertainment and confirmed that his was done the same way.

I checked my volume knob and I suppose it is a little "loose", like I can pull it back and forth, but very little, But It doesn't "rattle around." I never gave it any thought until you mentioned it, that it might be a little loose.

Thanks so much for looking at yours and checking. I am extremely happy with it in general. The latches are a little disappointing, as there is nothing really holding them still even when "latched". Not a huge deal though. I'm going to wait a bit for more people to comment on theirs before I decide what to do about the volume knob.

Thanks so much for looking at yours and checking. I am extremely happy with it in general. The latches are a little disappointing, as there is nothing really holding them still even when "latched". Not a huge deal though. I'm going to wait a bit for more people to comment on theirs before I decide what to do about the volume knob.
but is your lid loose? Mine is not even tough the latches don't pull much. And from what Steve said it didn't seem like the original Stahlin case e is like that either...

I also agree the latches are very loose and come open very easily, I had to wire mine shut to keep it closed.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back