Last Minute Green Lantern Costume

WhoKnows8701

So I am looking to make this costume for Halloween.
Yeah, I know, last minute. Was wondering if u guys
had any last minute suggestions on how I can make this
suit with such little time before Halloween.

lantern_01_final-2.jpg

That is not your head placed on it, if that's what you're trying to say. It is Chris Pine, he was mentioned as a possible candidate before they chose Ryan Reynolds. I even found this exact picture online. No need to give me the contact info, I'm not trying to start anything. I was just saying! Haha

i like how on a makers forum last minute is considered less than 25 days or so. lol. most people remember think looking for a costume the week before halloween is advanced planning.

So I am looking to make this costume for Halloween.
Yeah, I know, last minute. Was wondering if u guys
had any last minute suggestions on how I can make this
suit with such little time before Halloween.

lantern_01_final-2.jpg
just saying, THIS wouldve been the perfect suit for the movie!

about making it, this one seems doable

if you go for a cheap version, do this:

that one has a seam line at about belt height, and the pants are basicly black spandex. easy enough
for boots you can use those cheap shiny black rubber boots, paint them matte black/green, ad some airbrush details for the laces, and the top in the white/goldish color
Alternately make holes and put the laces through, will look more authentic

for the shirt, i think its made of 2 spandex shirts, a black as base, and a green for cover up. the green shirt is cut and thrown over the black one and sewed on it. you can also make those seperating/detailing lines with a sewing machine, with just using the right colored thread. the forearm parts are from the rest of the green under armor, and sewn up on both sides :)

its not perfect, but it will be close i think :)
now some airbrushing the top for muscle regions, done :)

so basicly you need:
a black and a green spandex longsleeve
black spandex pants
black rubber boots
laces
a sewing machine
airbrush
threads in the fitting color
sewing skills
the love for goats

for the mask, there is one at TrU for 5 bucks, it needs some paintup, but its probably the cheapest version :) and it comes with a cheapish ring too :)
the 10 bucks TrU Diecast ring would also fit the color of the costume :)

hth
EoS

Any luck with this?

The hard part about this is that you can't do "Print to Garment" since that process can't do an "all over" print and it usually prefers cotton with spandex which is pretty hard to find in a long sleeve. The closest "compression" mock that I've been able to find is Under Armour stuff which is already preprinted with the logo (ruins the look):

Under Armour ® | Men's Tactical ColdGear® Mock | 1216003 | $49.99

Same with the pants:

Under Armour ® | Men's ColdGear® Action Legging | 1000525 | $49.99

The closest thing I've been able to find for boots is this:

http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=19970&vid=1&pid=644163&scid=644163012

Again, the logo ruins the look.

Here's some ghetto versions of mask making if you don't want to buy one:

DIY Super Hero Mask : Tutorial : Backyard FX - YouTube

How to Make a Superhero Eye Mask Tutorial - YouTube

If anyone figures out a way to do the shirt well, I'd love to hear it. Maybe tweak the women's version?

Amazon.com: Rubie's Costume Co Womens Secret Wishes Green Lantern Uniform: Toynk Toys

Last edited:
I found some completely black compression tights, bcg brand, at Academy for 14.99. They will work perfect for the pant to the GL costume. Even the waistband lays super flat with no bunching.

OK, so the airbrush artist was a complete fail! It ended up being a dirty mess and nothing like the photo:
77hc0m.jpg

I think I'm going to hem an off-the-shelf product with the time I have left.

Next year, I just have to buy a white Under Armour shirt and try to find an all-over dye sublimation fabric printer. I have no idea how I'm going to find one nor is the graphics for the back of the shirt available but I have another year. Ha ha.

Last edited:
I gave up. I just ended up altering the women's off-the-shelf costume to work for a guy. The men's version with the fake muscles doesn't work for me. Ha ha.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back