Captain America Avengers Helmet WIP Sculpt!

SUPERprops

In response to my interest thread here(thanks guys.. still open btw) :

http://www.therpf.com/f13/captain-america-avengers-helmet-interest-thread-122139/

I decided to go through with the project. Please note that this is a Work In Progress sculpt and not close to being done. I have only made the basic shape of the dome. But Instead of typing a huge essay, I'll just post some pics.. sorry for the bad camera:

s6300616.jpg

s6300615.jpg

s6300614k.jpg

this is the helmet I am making.. I will take the pics down if requested:

IMG_3182.JPG

IMG_3183.JPG

Thanks for looking,

Superprops

You know what I see when I look at this helmet besides an awesome Cap helmet? I see a design that is a few modifications away from a perfect Bat-cowl. So, if you want to try something different after the Cap helmet is done...lol.

haha Thats actually what I said to myself. theres a different version of the CA mask that i might do. Also in the backround of a pic I saw there was a machine/robot type thing that was like the same dome with some facial features added.

Awesome so far!

I have noticed in the sculpts done so far for the TFA helmet, that the one issue people seem to have getting accurate is the shape of the eye openings.

Btw, if I do end up getting one of these, I would plan to inlay aluminum in for the A and the wings, not sure if you planned on doing that yourself. Looking forward to seeing this!

I agree with Mr. Spider, it would only cost more with real aluminum plus I don't have the machines to create that stuff. tape or chrome spray paint would work fine.

Awesome so far!

I have noticed in the sculpts done so far for the TFA helmet, that the one issue people seem to have getting accurate is the shape of the eye openings.

Don't worry, I'll get it right ;). the only reason it's off right now is because I only threw some clay on there for reference.

btw thanks guys for all the nice comments!

I will def be ponying up the funds for one of these. I just hope it fits my 24 inch skull.

Funny that you mention that this has the look of a Bat Cowl. The inner portion looks like it probably is a batcowl. Can't wait for updates.

I also agree with Mr. Spider. You can use a silver leafing pen for $7.99 from Michaels crafts will do the trick on the wings and "A".

Thanks for doing this.

Paul D.

You could probably just use a cheap batcowl for underneath the helmet then mount/glue fabric to the cut up Batcowl. That is my plan.

Paul D

I agree with Mr. Spider, it would only cost more with real aluminum plus I don't have the machines to create that stuff. tape or chrome spray paint would work fine.

Have to disagree, aluminum tape, or paint, will never give the same look as real thin, brushed aluminum pieces. So, if I get one of these from you, how far will the insets be for the wings and such? I'd probably use .030" aluminum for my A and wings.

I meant the inner dark portion of the helmet that is exposed under where one's chin would sit and around the bottom of the helmet's nose portion. You may be correct that it is made from dive skin or neoprene fabric. i was just thinking that is is shaped like a batman cowl so portions of a cowl might work.

Paul

Chris,

The silver areas of the helmet look to be painted but I cannot disagree that real metal inlay would look cool.

Paul

Have to disagree, aluminum tape, or paint, will never give the same look as real thin, brushed aluminum pieces. So, if I get one of these from you, how far will the insets be for the wings and such? I'd probably use .030" aluminum for my A and wings.

See this is where i differ, I believe the actual prop is a painted piece. there is also some aluminum decal stuff which I may offer as an upgrade (because it cost a bit more $$$). I've used it before, its real aluminum that is adhesive backed, but is thin enough so it will not be thick.

As for how set back the slot will be, I have to determine what the real props set back is. I want this to be exact.

And like stated before, I do not have any metal working tools.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back