Captain America Avengers Helmet WIP Sculpt!

I will def be ponying up the funds for one of these. I just hope it fits my 24 inch skull.

Funny that you mention that this has the look of a Bat Cowl. The inner portion looks like it probably is a batcowl. Can't wait for updates.

I also agree with Mr. Spider. You can use a silver leafing pen for $7.99 from Michaels crafts will do the trick on the wings and "A".

Thanks for doing this.

Paul D.

Funny you say that, I've used the pen before and didn't like it. It made a bunch of streaks that took the chrome finish away. I've used chrome rattle can paint before and achieved an aluminum effect before, i know it sounds cheap but sometimes the simplest way is the way to go.. as long as it works.

I meant the inner dark portion of the helmet that is exposed under where one's chin would sit and around the bottom of the helmet's nose portion. You may be correct that it is made from dive skin or neoprene fabric. i was just thinking that is is shaped like a batman cowl so portions of a cowl might work.

Paul

Yes, it does look to be like this, or at least some type of flexible foam.

Very Cool! Can't wait to see the progress

Well, I did this last night, got one side a little closer to the real thing:

this one is at an angle to simulate one of the reference pics.
s6300618.jpg

s6300619.jpg

s6300620.jpg

Top view.
s6300621.jpg

s6300623.jpg

And a towel covering the side that needs way more work. :lol

s6300624.jpg

Hope you guys like them! still a long way to go though!

I meant the inner dark portion of the helmet that is exposed under where one's chin would sit and around the bottom of the helmet's nose portion. You may be correct that it is made from dive skin or neoprene fabric. i was just thinking that is is shaped like a batman cowl so portions of a cowl might work.

Paul

Make sure you are not mistaking the head form they are using to put the mask on for the mask itself.

Last edited:
Chris,

The silver areas of the helmet look to be painted but I cannot disagree that real metal inlay would look cool.

Paul

This is just one helmet we've seen. Based on what we've seen on film so far, it will look like real metal on screen. I'd rather go for that look. I'm pretty sure this one of the helmets used for farther shots or motions shots where it doesn't need the full detail. But I could be wrong.

I think back to the images of Thor's suit, and chest star we saw on the TFA suit, everything thought they looked like cheap painted plastic when they saw them in person, but on film, they look fantastic, like real metal.

This is just one helmet we've seen. Based on what we've seen on film so far, it will look like real metal on screen. I'd rather go for that look. I'm pretty sure this one of the helmets used for farther shots or motions shots where it doesn't need the full detail. But I could be wrong.

I think back to the images of Thor's suit, and chest star we saw on the TFA suit, everything thought they looked like cheap painted plastic when they saw them in person, but on film, they look fantastic, like real metal.

This is a valid statement, however, I know some people like their props screen accurate.. down to the details of what the item is made from. Now it looks like resin but we can't be sure, it might be fiber glass reinforced but it also might not. Considering we do not have that information we can only guess. but i'm telling you, it seems quite clear that the wings and "A" are just painted. If that is the case, then that will be how I tackle this project. Of course we can find out that it turns out I'm wrong(even though I am certain I'm not), then I would make it the proper way (no pun intended :lol).

Did a bit more work on it today, can't get pics up because I'm packing. I will be back home next Friday, so if you send a P.M. it will not get a response until then. Sorry but I will not have access to a computer or internet.

Thanks,

Superprops

Sorry, I was really busy which made me unable to update.

I finished the basic shape, going to add the "A" and fins after a little more smoothing. Here you go:

s6300639.jpg

s6300638.jpg

s6300636.jpg

s6300634.jpg

s6300633i.jpg

s6300632.jpg

I know, I actually took these last night and then said that to myself haha. so I did some more work, but it still needs more!(pics will be up later).

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back