SS Betty (Alien Resurrection)

Just tried a Different Primer, Normally i use Duplicolor. which its not bad, not as good as it used to be, but good enough. The other day i ran out so i decided to try the Rustoleum filler primer. an wow it worked great, dried fast and didnt clog the paper at all. and its cheaper than the duplicolor. and can get it at home depot. just thought you guys might like to know, for you builders out there.

Al

Started on the patterns for the Engine supports, these will be molded and made of Epoxy fiberglass.

Thanks for looking.

Al

111311enginesupport017.jpg

111311enginesupport012.jpg

111311enginesupport019.jpg

111311enginesupport022.jpg

WOW I remember how small these were on the
smaller version you were making! Damn this thing
is a monster and a half looking excellent Al!:thumbsup

Got some more parts done. My friend Jason Lathed turned the small part that goes in the engine supports, this will be cast and molded and 4 parts added to the support. also got the part on top behind the cone in primer. and also added some panels to the rear part still need to add more and scribe panel lines. More soon.

Thanks for looking.

Al

73234a33.jpg

c41c5e9a.jpg

a14514b3.jpg

4558a28e.jpg

658f3622.jpg

6c698d2e.jpg

558e077c.jpg

98d950e0.jpg

Thanks Michael. its Studio scale and its Aliens so it doesnt get alot of Attention. but i think its a cool model.

Heres a shot of the part behind the cone under construction.

Thanks for looking.

09fb4c64.jpg

e174e210.jpg

Ive always thought it was one of the best designs around!
But it doesnt get its due attention:rolleyes
Are you still going to kit the smaller one?You can put me on the list now!!
Would be great to have the big one as a kit also:thumbsup
Great Work!!!!

A kit of this beast?! How would you cast that? Fiberglass?

It would be in Epoxy Glass. of just the parts. you would have to make your own body.

But just to be clear. this thing is huge. about 5 feet long and 5.5 to 6 feet wide depending on how you orient the main engines.

But for the rite price could be talked into it.

Al

WOW! Didnt know it was THAT large!I wish I had the room for it,but after the SS Im currently working on I wouldnt have the space.
Jed-what about the smaller one are you gonna kit that?:love

Yeah its a cool ship. i just hate that you cant see the detail in the movie its so dark. and from what i was told about the betty the production guys weathered it so heavily it drowned out the cool tiger stripe paint job they did..

Al

Yes I read that the director of photography was responsible for that... paranoid about glossy reflections.... such a shame....

Your great work is continuing and I'm loving watching it.

Cheers,

Jase.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back