Echo Station 57, we're on our way....slowly

Re: Echo Station 57, we're on our way....slowly

Thanks guys, it really is a great pattern by Nick, it's a tricky subject and it was really well executed by him.....

Anyway i am just about done with the test build, there is a few odds and ends that still need to get put on, and maybe tweak some weathering here and there. I am pretty happy with it considering it's a quick test build, assembly was overall pretty easy, the paint is the heavy lifting on this one...
thanks
mike

Mike that looks great! What did you use for the base color?

Thanks, believe it or not it's just a spray bomb with the Testors flat light aircraft gray, about a can and a half. The orange is good old reefer orange, accent panels were done with equipment gray primer from walmart for the slightly darker ones and Krylon fusion Pewter gray for the lighter gray. I was hesitant about using the Testors stuff at first but to my eye it's a pretty good match for the studio model once i did a highly diluted wash with some ivory black oil color.
Thanks
mike

Thanks, Mike.
Just one recommendation I would have for anyone building these is to reinforce the edge on the top fuselage. The resin is thin there because it has to be to maintain that sharp thin edge, but unfortunately, especially in the heat of summer, it wants to get wavy and warp out to shape.

It's an easy fix to get the edge straight again with a heat gun or hot water, but to make sure it stays that way I used some aluminum bar and epoxied it in place. It really strengthens the edge to where you almost can't bend it.

tf_spdr_01.jpg

tf_spdr_02.jpg

Yesterday I have received 2 Snowspeeder kits from Mike. As mentioned in an earlier post I allready have a kit casted by Nick. (Btw.: Yes, I know I am nuts, but the Snowspeeder is one of my favorite designs.)
All parts are super crisp and during 3 hour of inspection I found only one bubble approx. 1 mm in diameter. The resin-typical cleanup of parts should go very fast. There is only some flash needed to be removed. Or in three words: Absolutely super castings!
A lot has allready been written about this kit and yes it is fantastic. In my opinion, the pics of the amazing build ups from Mike and Richard are saying more than every word I could write about this kit. So I skip praising it and just say:

Steve, thank you very much for organizing that the production of this kit did not die when Nick stopped casting!
Jason, thank you very much for those top notch decals!
Mike, thank you very much for making those great castings!
Nick, thank you very very very much for making those fantastic masters and for doing such a great casting!

I do appriciate all the work and skills you guys have put into this kit a hell of a lot.

Michael

P.S.: Does anybody know, where I can get an AT-AT-kit, that is in scale with the SS-Snowspeeder?

I received mine today, super castings. Not sure if I received the decals though. Went thought it all and did not see them. What is the actual scale of this? 1/12? Please make one in 1/24 too!

Scale should be right around 1/8, there are 2 pieces of cardboard wrapped up in paper, the decals should be attached to one of those....
thanks
mike

I received mine today, super castings. Not sure if I received the decals though. Went thought it all and did not see them. What is the actual scale of this? 1/12? Please make one in 1/24 too!

Mine arrived Monday. It would have been here a few weeks ago though I had Mike sorting out some other parts I needed. Am extremely happy with this kit & was more than worth the wait. Thanks Nick(Gort) for making this possible. Thanks Steve for saving the project & big thanks to Mike salzo for his superb castings. This kit is just awsome & am so happy to have this for eventual display. Will definately be a conversation piece once built. (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back