Echo Station 57, we're on our way....slowly

Re: Echo Station 57, we're on our way....slowly

Hell yeah, wow, superb work Nick, i feel my Xmas present is well and truly sorted LOL, cant get over how clean it all looks, wonderful craftmanship!

lee

Hell yeah, wow, superb work Nick, i feel my Xmas present is well and truly sorted LOL, cant get over how clean it all looks, wonderful craftmanship!

lee

Well stated Lee! :D I am soooo in anticipation of this beastie that I really feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning! LOLOLOL.... except that I know what is coming! ;)

GOOD LORD Nick! :eek:eek:eek:eek:eek VERY impressive my friend! (y)love:thumbsup

I can't get over how CG this looks! PERFECT in every way!!! :cool:cool

BTW... How was your holiday Nick?

Kurt, with work like that, i think Nick must be FULLY rested and charged to the max lol, it almost doesnt look physical in some pics....CG like?

lee

Wow! these parts are so crisp it's amazing,...just beautiful stuff..

Phil

Heh, heh glad you approve. Its amazing what a bit of grey primer will do to bring everything together. Plus, pics taken with a good digital SLR. The actual parts look crap really! :lol

The holiday was nice thanks Kurt. My girlfriend and I took the boys down to the coast in Devon for as much adventure as a very wet English summer would allow. Keeping the boys entertained was pretty exhausting actually so we are having a nice chilled out Bank Holiday weekend at the moment.

In regard to the patterns, you'll notice I've got an option for the angled strip under the grill which can be either Luke's or Wedge's version.

Hey Lee, assuming I do get this all done to the standard that I want, do I take it we may be able to grab a pre-Xmas beer when you come over to get your kit? :love

LOL, Nick that could be a plan, though we'll have to see what you leave in my wallet for this stunner haha!
Good to hear you guys had a good holiday, Devon, i love it there, Cornwall too....would even better if not for all this darn rain...its even looking to kill whats left of the Bank Holiday weekend...and we want to BBQ today, grrr!

lee

Kurt, with work like that, i think Nick must be FULLY rested and charged to the max lol, it almost doesnt look physical in some pics....CG like?

lee

Indeed my friend! Nick is definitely charged and ready! :D

I think we are all getting charged just by viewing this amazing work! :D The word 'excitement' is a MAJOR UNDERSTATEMENT for me regarding his beautiful work. (y)love:thumbsup

LOL, Nick that could be a plan, though we'll have to see what you leave in my wallet for this stunner haha!
Good to hear you guys had a good holiday, Devon, i love it there, Cornwall too....would even better if not for all this darn rain...its even looking to kill whats left of the Bank Holiday weekend...and we want to BBQ today, grrr!

lee

Well, the first round is on me :) I'm trying to keep the cost for this reasonable, but I do need to make this project 'wipe its face' as they say. I hope its not going to be too scary for people, certainly in the ballpark with the V3 X-wing etc.

I'm trying to keep the cost for this reasonable, but I do need to make this project 'wipe its face' as they say. I hope its not going to be too scary for people, certainly in the ballpark with the V3 X-wing etc.

:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek Nick... That would be a FANTASTIC price considering what size this is!!! Well? I said it before and i will say it again.... I absolutely want TWO...pretty please? :$ ;) I don't think this collection would ever be complete without these great kits (as built pieces) in their ranks! :D

Did you state that you were doing the figures? Or are you having Dan G. do them for you?

Last edited:

:confused Ditto here.

I think at that price mark, everyone will one want of those beast!!!
I can't wait to see more progress .. amazing work on this Gort.

(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

The pricing will have to be finalised once I get to the end of the line but I am trying to bring it in around the $300 -$350 mark. As you say Kurt, its quite a big model and with moveable airflaps and two figures I think it will be a pretty good deal.

To be honest I'm really surprised, and delighted, that so many people share my desire to own a big Speeder! - With all these expectant faces metaphorically pressed up against my window, I'm starting to feel the pressure! :lol

I think for me once I know I have got a full set of good quality casts out and can deliver the kit I want to deliver I'll relax a bit! -

Thanks for the continued support folks!

Nick

The pricing will have to be finalised once I get to the end of the line but I am trying to bring it in around the $300 -$350 mark. As you say Kurt, its quite a big model and with moveable airflaps and two figures I think it will be a pretty good deal.

To be honest I'm really surprised, and delighted, that so many people share my desire to own a big Speeder! - With all these expectant faces metaphorically pressed up against my window, I'm starting to feel the pressure! :lol

I think for me once I know I have got a full set of good quality casts out and can deliver the kit I want to deliver I'll relax a bit! -

Thanks for the continued support folks!

Nick

Masterful work...AND excellent pricing?!!!...... Nick.... my friend.... you have well earned the support and kudos for this project! :D

This sounds, and looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Can there be a version without figures? I'm wondering if I can add my own 1/6 scale figures to keep costs lower?

AWESOME WORK!!!

This sounds, and looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Can there be a version without figures? I'm wondering if I can add my own 1/6 scale figures to keep costs lower?

AWESOME WORK!!!

You wouldn't save that much concidering the already great price for such a quality kit. Buying two 1/6 figures which you would have to modify into pilots would end up costing you more in the end.

GFollano

One of my ever favourite ships from my ever favourites films. The Speeder is looking just FANTASTIC. I'm really looking forward to buy this one, thanks for making it happen!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back