Echo Station 57, we're on our way....slowly

Re: Echo Station 57, we're on our way....slowly

he he he he.... so what do you think Lee? Too much over the top?

Which bird will you be recreating? I can't wait to see that build! :D

This piece Nick is creating has just completely blown my mind with the detail he has placed into it! THIS is what it is all about! GREAT CREATION!!! :D

Wouldnt say over the top Kurt, nothing is when it comes to SW lol, but man, thats a biiig model, maybe larger than the big pyro ATAT prop, 4 footer?
Itll blow minds if its pulled off though.
Reckon ill go with Wedges bird, you know im no fan of Skywalker hehe!

lee

Interested! :)

I've been logging those interested in getting a Speeder in the order they have contacted/announced interest, so keep 'em coming!. - Nothing will happen till I have all the required kits boxed and ready to go though. No pre-payments etc. It gets too messy.

Cheers
Nick

Wouldnt say over the top Kurt, nothing is when it comes to SW lol, but man, thats a biiig model, maybe larger than the big pyro ATAT prop, 4 footer?
Itll blow minds if its pulled off though.
Reckon ill go with Wedges bird, you know im no fan of Skywalker hehe!

lee

SWEEEEEET! Wedge's paint scheme is better anyway. :) I look forward to your build my friend. ALWAYS top notch work! :D

I agree... it will blow my mind as well if those plans get pulled off! LOLOLOLOLOLOL... But if so? What a party that will be, eh? :D

SWEEEEEET! Wedge's paint scheme is better anyway. :) I look forward to your build my friend. ALWAYS top notch work! :D

I agree... it will blow my mind as well if those plans get pulled off! LOLOLOLOLOLOL... But if so? What a party that will be, eh? :D

Not to stray off topic... But Kurt? Why not do the AT-ATs in true studio scale (what ILM built them in), and simply incorporate the smaller scale AT-ATs (as compared to the speeder) into your overall forced perspective display?

Not to stray off topic... But Kurt? Why not do the AT-ATs in true studio scale (what ILM built them in), and simply incorporate the smaller scale AT-ATs (as compared to the speeder) into your overall forced perspective display?

I agree it would be a good idea, and maybe doing not a 5 footer, but a SS 4 footer for the midground or something like that, snowpeeders would be on the foreground of course :)

I too dont like Playmo-Luke so Wedge would be my choice too !

Nick,

Holly Flamingo!!!!

Count me in for One or even Two of these beauties

GFollano

I agree it would be a good idea, and maybe doing not a 5 footer, but a SS 4 footer for the midground or something like that, snowpeeders would be on the foreground of course :)

I too dont like Playmo-Luke so Wedge would be my choice too !

Excellent ideas guys! :D I had feared that forced perspective models may look 'hinky', but I didn't account for the 'distance' being the items within the 'forced perspective' area. I like that.... I REALLY like those ideas Rob and Julien! So then, we will do one AT-AT significantly closer (the 4 footer as Julien suggested), with the other two further away being studio scale. AWESOME! :love:love:love:love Thanks for the excellent input guys! :D

Ahhh Wedge... the silent hero. He indeed seemed to get the killer, significant paint schemes on his birds.

Nick... no pressure or anything,... just inquiring for planning... when do you expect these to be released? I will have Bob build these two birds. I can't tell you enough of how anxious I think we all are! :D LOLOLOLOLOLOL This has certainly made a REAL turn for excellent and prompt progress from what was only a possibility two years ago! I commend your skills and actions sir! VERY NICE WORK!!! :D

Excellent ideas guys! :D I had feared that forced perspective models may look 'hinky', but I didn't account for the 'distance' being the items within the 'forced perspective' area. I like that.... I REALLY like those ideas Rob and Julien! So then, we will do one AT-AT significantly closer (the 4 footer as Julien suggested), with the other two further away being studio scale. AWESOME! :love:love:love:love Thanks for the excellent input guys! :D

Aw shucks...! :$

Also, keep in mind that not only are you maintaining studio scale and creatively showing off the models, but you'd also be demonstrating - live and in person - a tried and true, age-old Hollywood technique.

How cool would it be (especially for those clueless dorks who'll say "Hey your AT-AT's are too small!") to have a 50" plasma screen adjacent to the diorama displaying the array "as seen by the camera"!

Hey Kurt, your Hoth display idea is totally insane...I love it. You are clearly a man who likes to think BIG!

If you want anyone to build you a 5' AT-AT let me know! :love

Well, i cant deny the fact that i would very much be interested in this creation and have a spot that would fit that ship for display.

Nick... YOU ROCK!!!

Hey Kurt, your Hoth display idea is totally insane...I love it. You are clearly a man who likes to think BIG!

If you want anyone to build you a 5' AT-AT let me know! :love

Nick...duuuuuude. :D You are THE MAN!!! Aside from making this BEAUTIFUL kit, you are handling everything with absolute professionalism my friend!

EXCELLENT WORK!!! (y)cool:thumbsup

Re: Nick... YOU ROCK!!!

Just seen the most recent pic's, Gort man that is absolutely jaw dropping. I would do anything to get a hold of one of these. Just stunning work.

That is very impressive. Do you have some insane reference pictures or are you taking some liberties? Either way it is awesome.

That is very impressive. Do you have some insane reference pictures or are you taking some liberties? Either way it is awesome.

I do have very good reference pics, but as I mentioned in a previous post the actual ILM filming models (at the size I'm making here) had a more basic interior than I felt a replica display version required.

That said, I have included studio accurate kit parts in what I've made, but I've also taken some cues from the full size set and melded the two together. I am going to be supplying two pilot figures as well, but I'll do those after I've nailed the main ship patterns, as they are purely sculptural.

Nick

Hi there Speeder fans,

Just a quick note to impart a good news, bad news message. Good news is I'm 99% done on the rear of the Snowspeeder. That covers
The engine section details
The Engine cooling fins,, inc the harpoon cable fixing point
The areas around the rear airbrake control struts
The rear airbrakes assemblies themselves.

Bad news, is that I go away on holiday now and havn't got time to take and post the pics of all the new patterns. So, I guess I'm just letting you know that progress is good but the pics to prove it are about 2 weeks away.

NB: As promised the rear airbrakes are fully poseable by virtue of two simple rigs that use small but strong magnets. This way they can operate on a constant friction basis and can be set any way you like. Now I've proved it works on the lower airbrakes I hope to do something similar for the upper flaps. The lack of space will make this a bit tricky but I'm going to do my best :confused

Cheers
Nick

Cant wait to see the progress Nick, and i wil sooo be taking that drive down to collect this baby in person if the offer still stands, awesome!

Have a great vacation buddy!

bests....lee

Hi Nick,

I just sent you a PM about getting on the list.

The progress pictures have completely blown my mind. The detail in the cockpit!

Have a great holiday.

Ted.
Prefect42.

MOST EXCELLENT!! :love

Have a great Holiday Nick! (y)cool:thumbsup

We'll be anxiously waiting when you return. :lol:lol:lol

You creation of this is just MIND BLOWING!!! I am SOOOOOO excited about this kit that can't truly express it! :D

BTW... the builder for these will be Bob from "Out of Time". He is just as excited about them! :D

HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY MY FRIEND!!! :cool:cool:cool:cool:cool

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back