Supernatural 1967 Impala Conversion

- Rear Tires - BF Goodrich Radial T/A Tires 275/60R15

- Front Tires - BF Goodrich Radial T/A Tires 215/70R15

- Rear Wheels - U.S. Wheel 26 Series Chrome Blade Wheel 15"x8" 5x4.75"

- Front Wheels - U.S. Wheel 26 Series Chrome Blade Wheel 15"x7" 5x4.75"

Correct Center Caps - Weld,Cragar,Centerline Wheel Center Caps

Correct Lug Nuts - 7/16" 3/4" Hex One Piece Solid 7/16x20

So, I'm not trying to replicate the Metalicar by any means, as I love my 70 Bel-Air, but I am interested to know if I an swap the bumper and grille out. I've always liked the look of the 67 bumper and grille over mine, but never thought to see if the swap could be done. You guys really seem to know your stuff though, so is it possible?

Thanks for the info. Turns out I screwed up my original 5-lug measurement by a 1/4". No wonder I couldn't find the right center caps.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks (scornell1) for the info. Turns out I screwed up my original 5-lug measurement by 1/4". That explains why I couldn't find the correct center caps.

Door Panels Installed.jpgDoor Panels Installed 1.jpgDoor Panels Installed 2.jpgDoor Panels Installed 3.jpgDash Painted 2.jpgPainted Dash 1.jpg

Here's some photos of the car I am building for a customer. It's finally caoming together.........................:)

Gorgeous work as usual mate.

Do have another interior/paint related question for you. Did you use the SEM Aerosol cans? or did you buy it in tins and use your own gun/compressor? and approximately how much did you use for the entire interior?

SEM isn't readily available down here so I have to special order it. Want to make sure I get enough.

Dash 1.jpgDash 2.jpgDash 3.jpgDean's Radio (5-19-13).jpgRear Deck Shelf 1.jpgRear Deck Shelf 2.jpgRear Deck Shelf 3.jpgRear Deck Shelf 4.jpg

No I did not use the SEM aerosol cans as I had the paint mixed at my auto paint shop. I had a gallon mixed and I used it all on the interior as I put on more than one coat with my paint gun.

Cheers mate. Stefany's car is coming along great.

I found a place locally that sold it, but they only had 1 aerosol can in LT Buckskin, an no tins. I grabbed it to see how good it was and get started.

For anyone interested in doing their own, 1 aerosol can does approximately 4 arm-rests, 2 b-pillar caps and 2 kicks panels (though the kick panels will need another coat). I'd say I'll need at least 6 cans in total to do the roof lining, rear shelf, b-pillar covers, c-pillar covers, dash, steering wheel - I won't be doing the doors. They're black and I like the contrast.

(beer optional)
impala-interiorpaint1.jpg~original

impala-interiorpaint3.jpg~original

Here's a shot of the old & new difference. Covers it well enough.

impala-interiorpaint4.jpg~original

Rick!

Sorry mate, but I have question #312 for you :D

What are you using for the black rear parcel shelf? Are you spraying it black, or are you covering it with a carpet-like material? Looks like the latter in the pics I've seen, but I'm unsure.

Got your email and saw your latest progress videos of Stef's Impala; looks sensational. I know exactly what it's like trying to rebuild something someone else "tried" to do. Pain in the arse is an understatement.

Keep it up brother.

Hey everyone! Just giving an update on my progress...i found most of the trim for the car just missing one eyebrow trim and then its all coming off for the paint job! I got the Rims on order...here she is: Pala (Morning 4).jpeg

Hey everyone! Just giving an update on my progress...i found most of the trim for the car just missing one eyebrow trim and then its all coming off for the paint job! I got the Rims on order...

Good news. Fortunately the eyebrow trim is reproduced. Very easy to find.

Exactly I should have that in the next week or so. The door trim was the hardest to find for me.

Yeah they're a pain in the arse to find, and can get pricey when found. Problem is they're specific to the 4 door. Up until Supernatural, 4 doors weren't popular and were only used as parts cars for guys building fastback Impala's. Things they couldn't use on their fastbacks were simply discarded.

Bumper guards are equally as pricey, but fortunately they fit all 67 Impala's so they do turn up.

Hey guys, been reading through this thread and finding a lot of useful info for my build. The one thing I have not been able to come across though is if I get Cragar 330 super spoke wheels, what back spacing should I get for the 15x7 and 15x8 rims. Thanks.

Hey guys, been reading through this thread and finding a lot of useful info for my build. The one thing I have not been able to come across though is if I get Cragar 330 super spoke wheels, what back spacing should I get for the 15x7 and 15x8 rims. Thanks.

Not sure on what the actual Impala in Supernatural is, but generally speaking in terms of fitment issues etc on these cars:

15x7 = 4" backspacing
15x8 - 4.5" backspacing

That will give you the best combo of looks & fitment.

Not sure on what the actual Impala in Supernatural is, but generally speaking in terms of fitment issues etc on these cars:

15x7 = 4" backspacing
15x8 - 4.5" backspacing

That will give you the best combo of looks & fitment.

Russ,

Thanks for the response, the only problem is none of the companies I have found that make the rim, have a neutral backspacing. So I'm curious as to what the guys who have completed the conversions have bought in regards to their wheels.

Robin

Rick!

Sorry mate, but I have question #312 for you :D

What are you using for the black rear parcel shelf? Are you spraying it black, or are you covering it with a carpet-like material? Looks like the latter in the pics I've seen, but I'm unsure.

Got your email and saw your latest progress videos of Stef's Impala; looks sensational. I know exactly what it's like trying to rebuild something someone else "tried" to do. Pain in the arse is an understatement.

Keep it up brother.

Hey Brother,

I did the same thing the show did on the rear deck shelf/package tray and that is I covered it in cheap black carpet. I bought my carpet at the auto parts store as I think it is the same stuff people use to cover there speaker boxes.

Hope this helps you out.................... :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back