Cylon Tanker Part Maps

Thanks Man, good to know. While not as often used as a Sealab, still a good kit to have in the collection. I snagged a vintage one years ago for the Galactica.

Thanks to everyone helping with the maps. Will start a new thread soon with all new maps. If you see anything that hasn't been ID'd yet, please let us know, ; )
Thanks,
Joe

Did a quick spin thru and found most of the parts not ID'd here, plus some other parts not labeled. Another 5 donors kits not previously mentioned. And one mis-ID'd part. You may already have that all sorted, not sure where you are with the new maps. Jim Small's pics are such a lifesaver.

The parts are just laying here, not quite in final position, but you get the idea.
IMG_3094.jpeg

Here are a few that stuck out.

Attachments

• IMG_3087 copy.jpeg
    IMG_3087 copy.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3096 copy.jpg
    IMG_3096 copy.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 1.34.42 PM copy.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 1.34.42 PM copy.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 1.44.13 PM copy.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 1.44.13 PM copy.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 1.49.07 PM copy.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 1.49.07 PM copy.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 95
Thanks so much ! I'll try to get the new maps up soon. Just trying to get all my ref together. And yes the Jim Small pics are awesome.

Did a quick spin thru and found most of the parts not ID'd here, plus some other parts not labeled. Another 5 donors kits not previously mentioned. And one mis-ID'd part. You may already have that all sorted, not sure where you are with the new maps. Jim Small's pics are such a lifesaver.
Which part was mis ID'd. I'm surprised there weren't more than one, lol.

I think one of the F1 radiators was listed as an AMT truck. TBH I had forgotten about these maps and when I found them again last night I had already spun thru all of Jim Smalls pics. With the exception of the recent IDs almost everything else is just from the known donors. There are just a few more that I'm not sure of yet and those are too small for the old maps. So didn't seem worth doing corrections as it will all get sorted with the better ref and without the reproduction build muddying the waters.

Oh and someone did find a Jo-Han car part that had fallen off by looking at screen caps. I forgot who so I'll look thru my notes, but it was a public BookFace ID. I don't want to post the part without giving proper credit.

I think one of the F1 radiators was listed as an AMT truck. TBH I had forgotten about these maps and when I found them again last night I had already spun thru all of Jim Smalls pics. With the exception of the recent IDs almost everything else is just from the known donors. There are just a few more that I'm not sure of yet and those are too small for the old maps. So didn't seem worth doing corrections as it will all get sorted with the better ref and without the reproduction build muddying the waters.

Oh and someone did find a Jo-Han car part that had fallen off by looking at screen caps. I forgot who so I'll look thru my notes, but it was a public BookFace ID. I don't want to post the part without giving proper credit.
Yes I'll have better close ups of the parts in the new maps. They'll be a lot more of them but it will be much clearer. The bottom is so cluttered with parts, many are under other parts. Have to show every section from several angles. I also want to have the numbers match across maps. I was in a hurry back in the day, and didn't keep the same numbers. Yea, gotta use only pics of the original. Back then we didn't have all this great ref. Had to borrow Jim's great build for my maps. Never knew about the Johan part. Hope that's the Caddy or Mercedes. I have those for the Big G build. Thanks for the help. We should have this puppy almost completely filled in, in short order. May not get everything, but enough to make a decent replica.

Nobody loves a good map more than me, but if you want to save time you could just map the uncommon parts. 80% of it is just a handful of kits and the photo reference is strong. I do think though that some parts have fallen off the Morser "fantail" area so some new HD screen caps are in order. Also worth double checking as there may have been restoration over the years, so It's condition in Jim's pics may not be the whole story. But as it is today (or when Jim took his pics) I think there are only 6-7 parts that are unfamiliar.

And yes the Jo-Han car part is from a big G donor.

Now if someone would model the head and do a run of laser-cut parts for the structure we would all be in business.

I don't know if I can suppress my OCD enough for partial maps, but I can try, ; )
I'm just stoked over that Prinz Eugen/Strasbourg part combo. Been looking for years at that one. And it was right there all the time.

Hey I don't think the track links over the open bays are Centurion. They look more like Tamiya 1/35 Panther A track links.

Hey I don't think the track links over the open bays are Centurion. They look more like Tamiya 1/35 Panther A track links.
Ok I have both kits so I'll take a look. Do you know what size I beam they used over the bay doors. It's looks like 1/2 inch that's been cut back on the top. It's even with the top of the bays at the top. The links stand almost straight up past the top edge. If you get my meaning. Easy to show that tell. Don't have a pic here right now. Thanks,

Joe

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back