ANH Devastator Part Maps

jcoffman99

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all,

A bunch of us just finished mapping the Falcon. (You can see the maps here and the thread here.) and now I'm starting up the Devastator. So many of the old maps are missing, have dead links, or are incomplete. So I figured I'd keep the ball rolling and start this one. Here's a link to where all things relating to the Devastator will be stored. As always any help is welcomed as this will be a group effort.

Here are a few of the ones I'm working on. I'll add numbers as the build goes on and I get a better idea of how many kits we'll have.

Thanks,
John
bridge back copy.jpgbridge bottom copy.jpgBridge Front copy.jpg

*Edit. I found a few mistakes and cleaned up/combined a map.

Last edited:
So I've found one of the parts missing from the old maps. However I'm still missing two pieces. Any ideas? THanks,
John
1697988863340.png

One thing I've looked for on this puppy, is the actual dimensions of the main hull. According to Sean T2 Sides it's approximately 29" wide, 48" long and about 1 foot high. He built a beautiful model. So I guess we can't go wrong with his dimensions. It would be nice if someone did a photogrammetry scan of the model. Like this one on the Falcon. I know most people here are familiar with this thread, ; ). Hint Hint.

Again, Sean's model is beautiful, so this will probably be the best base, for all the greeblie goodness.

So how's it look so far? I still have a lot to learn about the kits used. Corrections are always welcome.
View attachment 1754520
So far it is consistent with the info I have.
But I suggest you extend the green color of the big Akagi parts to the end. It's all the same piece with styrene strips glued on top.
Also, amongst the not-yet colored greeblies I can see a bunch of bits donated by Tamiya's 1/700 Scharnhorst:
- the dome with the little cannons, on top of the 8rad piece (part nº12)
- next to it, the set of four double-barrel cannons (part nº4)
- the two cranes (part nº31)
by the way, on Scalemates.com the Gneisenau appears as another version of the Scharnhorst, with some new parts. I don't have both kits so don't quote me on that but I'm sure many of the parts needed can be found on either one.

EDIT: I just checked my Scharhorst kit and I found a funny thing: the sprue where the cranes are located has the name "Gneisenau" carved on it! I wouldn't go so far as to say that you don't need the Gneisenau to build the Devastator, but as of today, I've found all the greeblies I need on the Scharnhorst.

Last edited:
So far it is consistent with the info I have.
But I suggest you extend the green color of the big Akagi parts to the end. It's all the same piece with styrene strips glued on top.
Also, amongst the not-yet colored greeblies I can see a bunch of bits donated by Tamiya's 1/700 Scharnhorst:
- the dome with the little cannons, on top of the 8rad piece (part nº12)
- next to it, the set of four double-barrel cannons (part nº4)
- the two cranes (part nº31)
by the way, on Scalemates.com the Gneisenau appears as another version of the Scharnhorst, with some new parts. I don't have both kits so don't quote me on that but I'm sure many of the parts needed can be found on either one.

EDIT: I just checked my Scharhorst kit and I found a funny thing: the sprue where the cranes are located has the name "Gneisenau" carved on it! I wouldn't go so far as to say that you don't need the Gneisenau to build the Devastator, but as of today, I've found all the greeblies I need on the Scharnhorst.
Thank you so much.

So I've seen maps that say this part is from the 8Rad. When looking straight on it kind of does look like a modified B30. However from the side it doesn't match at all. Any ideas on this guy?
1699284959673.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back