Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good?

You can see the issue in the photos i posted above.. The shoulders are too square and flare out when i move my arms. The original was curved.

You can send me a frontal photo? to see the problem and tell you if is possible fix it :confused

I notice the problem, is possible fix the jacket, please contact miguel.

You can see the issue in the photos i posted above.. The shoulders are too square and flare out when i move my arms. The original was curved.

Jeggs, do you have photos of the new X2 jacket? I haven't had a reply from Miguel in 10 days.

Yeah, I'm looking foward to seeing what they've altered for the better. I'm especially curious about the suede color change and what has been done to the sleeves, gussets, and chest.

Jeggs, do you have photos of the new X2 jacket? I haven't had a reply from Miguel in 10 days.

Hello 1BAT Miguel is on vacations, I will post the pics tomorrow morning, the jacket is finished, just I want take the pics :confused

Bowelrock, It is possible

Hello 1BAT Miguel is on vacations, I will post the pics tomorrow morning, the jacket is finished, just I want take the pics :confused

Bowelrock, It is possible

Do you mean the new prototype of the X2 is finished or my replacement jacket is finished? I was hoping to verify all my measurements with you before a new jacket was made for me since I'm concerned about fit, but Miguel has been away.

the X2 prototype is finished, the new characteristics of the jacket are:

- A thicker lining.
- Stitch with thicker thread.
- Distressed sleeve straps.
- Curve sleeves
- Narrowed cuffs
- removable vest

wait hard reviews :)

x-2-5.jpg

x-2-4.jpg
x-2-3.jpg
x-2-2.jpg
x-2-1.jpg
x-2-6.jpg

Wow, I think it looks pretty amazing!

That being said I do have two points of concern. First, that the sleeves look at least an inch or two too long for the fellow wearing the jacket. And second, I'm also concerned about the thicker jacket lining throughout since it doesn't get too cold where I live, or why the zip out liner was added... even though it is a pretty neat option.

When I grew up in Canada a jean jacket was my winter lining :).

The sleeves usually even out when the person wearing it is riding a bike and the arms extend forward, that's how one of my leather jackets is

The sleeves usually even out when the person wearing it is riding a bike and the arms extend forward, that's how one of my leather jackets is

True, but as far as screen accuracy it's too long. I also don't ride.

Agreed. I am also concerned about the longer sleeves (just does not sit well with me at all...) as well as the removable lining. Even Wolverine doubles up with a jean jacket if needed. Why was that added? Is there an option to not have that and have the shorter sleeves like before? Also not sure I like the distressed arm stripes either. I like the color better but not the weathering..

Shoulders look 1000% better though!

Looks like Heron took their first option they showed me for distressed stripes and appplied it to this jacket.

-sleeves are still 1.5" too long.
-shoulders seem to look much better.
-distressed stripes should stay as an option, mustard stripes as the initial choice.

More photos/angles of the liner, chest and shoulders would be greatly appreciated, Jorge. :D

Also not crazy about the longer sleeves, as it's always been a problem for me (short guy here). Other than that I gotta say, I've always been a Vanson X-1 jacket true and true, but that there is the best X-2 replica I've ever seen.

Definitely looks like the sleeves taper better now too when compared with Drools pre distressed photo of his jacket and of the predistressed Bates jacket on FJ.com.

I think if Heron just shortened the sleeves 1.5", changed the suede back to mustard yellow, and simply made it an option to have the zip out liner or not I'd say this is just about spot on.

I also think the red lining is nice, but I'd prefer it to be black personally. Just me tho.

I think you guys are concentrating on the model wearing the jacket more so than the jacket dimensions itself... the sleeves are the correct length in relation to the torso, the ratios are very good compared to the original. As long as you provide correct measures to Heron for individual fit, they should be able to make it fit correctly.
Also the sleeve and the angle it attaches to the shoulder is much better now. The angle of the sleeve coming off the arm hole was the biggest problem with the Heron shoulders being too pointed, and this corrected jacket is much better.
Heron is getting much closer to my Logan's Closet and the original Bates jacket shape. Kudos!
On the stripe distressing, looks to be sanded too harshly and down too far. They need to be dirtied and the fuzzyness of the suede just taken down a little. Nice first try though.
On the zipout liner... as the jacket realxes you will start seeing the zipout zipper indents on the jacket. As suggested your standard lining should be a plain black non-zipout type.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back