TIE Bomber Construction - Take 2

Hi all.

Anybody out there have any photos of the TIE Bomber "before" it went on the Myth and Magic tour? I've heard that it was on display in San Francisco back in the 1990's. I, of coarse have the "Chronicles" book. If you look at the photos of the TB in Chronicles you can see that there are a few kit parts on the bottom of the bomber that are not on it during the M and M tour. I' m after any shots that might shed light on those pieces. I'm willing to trade for these type of photos. Anyone interested can post a reply, PM me, or just send me a email. Many thanks.

-emojo5

I have a video of that exhibition. I'll see if the underside is visible. It can be hard to discern details on video, though.

Thank you for the offer Treadwell. I do appreciate the help. I would be interested in any reference on "pre-" Myth and Magic TIE Bomber images. Are you building a TB?

-emojo5

Anyone know if a Bomber was ever completed that had an octagonal opening on the bombing tube front, as was started, as opposed to the hexagonal version that was filmed? Seems strange to break that symmetry, but that may be why it was done.

EDIT: I don't knwo if anyone's seen this, but someone's getting ripped off... this thing isn't even complete! Not even close...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2219610151&category=154

Maybe I should resurrect my TIE Bomber kit and sell them for $800 like that one just went for! At leasted you'd have a more completed version.

Maybe I should build three or four since I've got the parts here, and sell them off... as you said, at least it's more complete! I could compare mine to this auction and drive the price up.

800, what a freaking rip, and the identities are private, so you can't let anyone know. Jerks.

HELP!!! Anybody out there come across this part yet?

I "STILL" can't find this damned part anywhere. I've looked in every Tamiya kit I can find. I'd hate to have to build this part from scratch. Anyone with any thoughts about where I might find the kit this part comes from, please contact me. I close to needing this part for completion. Many thanks.

Detailcopy.gif

-emojo5@comcast.net

Could anyone post a full list of all the kits that are needed to create the Tie Bomber please ?

Thanks loads

Phil tk1608

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back